We all know that one guy...

Tips, tricks, questions and answers to tech questions
ZRX61

We all know that one guy...

Post by ZRX61 »

"someone needs to weld your toolbox shut" has been the response to mechanical fuckery on FB & multiple forums for years...

Pic was originally posted on a FB welding group which provoked some promises of violent retribution... Then it got shared to an aircraft mech group where replies caused several people to get 24hr FB bans... including me for suggesting I'd burn his car to the ground, crush his welder & fuck his wife.
Skub

Re: We all know that one guy...

Post by Skub »

We've all done similar. :lol:

Haven't we? :silent:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Skub wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:05 pm We've all done similar. :lol:

Yup.
Chained someone's car to a lamp post, filled another guys car with cast iron train brake blocks, picked up a car with fork truck and placed between 2 portacabins. The list is endless.... :thumbup:
Felix

Post by Felix »

I pissed in some fuckers welly boots once. Does that count?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Skub wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:05 pm We've all done similar. :lol:

Yes.. similar, but stopped short of actually damaging other peoples possessions.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Felix wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:23 am I pissed in some fuckers welly boots once. Does that count?
I made a male cat piss in my boss' lab coat pocket once. Yep, I sure as shit did. It had just responded to injectable anesthesia, and well, shit happens. The tech assisting me had to bolt for the break room before his head exploded (RIP Kirk). I had to stick around and neuter him while the boss paced back and forth on the phone. Stupid arse never had a clue I'd done it. There was a stethoscope in the pocket at the time.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Looks like a proper dick move to me, expensive toolbox as well.
Even if it wasn't expensive its still a total dick move.
There's always some chull who thinks his "Practical Joke" doesn't amount to workplace bullying. P45 in the post.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Felix wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:23 am I pissed in some fuckers welly boots once. Does that count?
I was at a party on a farm one night. Mud all over so people showed up in wellys & took them off once indoors. One gal was a bit tipsy & the ice cream & jelly she was carrying in a bowl fell perfectly into someones welly. She merely said *oops* as she looked at me & we (I was the only witness) had no idea whose welly it was until there was a scream a few hours later after this highly strung harridan put her foot in it.
We had to feign surprise to hide knowledge of what happened. The welly owner was convinced someone had done it deliberately. Almost 40 years later it's still referred to as The Jelly Welly Incident.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

demographic wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:41 am Looks like a proper dick move to me, expensive toolbox as well.
Even if it wasn't expensive its still a total dick move.
There's always some chull who thinks his "Practical Joke" doesn't amount to workplace bullying. P45 in the post.
As we don't know the full story, it could be anything from a message to some dipshit that shouldn't be allowed near tools (I've been victimized by a couple of mechanics that deserved worse*) on up to a hazing of a newly minted graduate from the bent rod mechanics institute.

*Mazda station wagon of 1970s vintage - perfect underpowered college beater car, paid $1 US for it and got every penny's worth. Destroyed left rear axle bearing. I removed the rear axle and hauled it to the local Mazda dealer for repairs. Put it back in, and about 1 day after the brief warranty expired I had it up on jacks to check it out before a long drive (ya gotta do that with POS). Lots of play at that very wheel. Back to the shop the whole car goes. I was informed that it looked as if someone had tried to remove the axle from the housing without unbolting the backing plate. Yeah dipshit, that was me on the interstate when the bearing shit the bed whilst I was moving. Anyway, I asked why it wasn't replaced when the mechanic replaced the bearing. Service mangler goes over to the "mechanic" for a chat. This was when they still let the public on the shop floor. I'm probably the reason that ain't allowed anymore. He strolls back over to me, big fucker he was too, and informs me that the primate that worked on my car didn't notice the damage to the plate as it was covered in crap. I asked him why the fuckwit didn't clean shit before reassembly and was met with a blank stare. I turned and walked away, about 20 feet away I glanced over my shoulder to see the fucker chuckling in my direction. I had my first out of body experience, ever. Without my consent I teleported back across the room, at the top of my lungs shouted "That's the biggest shit sandwich any fucker ever tried to feed me and you haven't heard the last of me." That was while finger punching him in the chest, about eye level to me. There were several other customers on the shop floor, so there's that. I had already paid and had keys in hand. I stopped at the nearest phone, called the bank, and stopped payment on the check I'd just written. I cooled off and went back the next day for a discussion of the matter. I paid about $10 for the part and nowt for the labor.
Yeah, that fuckwit deserved worse, super glue to stick his pecker to his taint would have been in order. Likewise for the shop manager as I'm sure I wasn't their first or their last victim.

Same car, different shop. In for a new set of tyres. The hubcaps were those little kind that only cover the hole in the centre of the wheel. They came off first, so the trainable that did the job thought they should go on first. They really didn't need to be removed at all to get the wheels off, but hey ho. Anyway, they were put on first and the wheels were then mounted. By first, I mean they ended up sticking through the hole in the middle of the wheel, acting as an irregular spacer. I imagine he ran each bolt (yeah, they were bolts, not lugnuts) down tight as it was installed. This put a wee bit of wobble at every corner. I paid the bill, went out and got in and left. Briefly. It was like driving a cartoon car. I got out, had a glance, drove it back over to the bay where the tire idiot was and pointed out his stupidity. I stood and watched as he corrected his mistake. Yep, weld his goddam tool box shut and send his stupid ass home. Only do more than a tack weld on each side, fucking ruin it shut. Maybe even weld all the tools to the drawers as well.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

and.. breathe.....