Repairing or reconditioning Rukka

Discussing your new helmet, jacket, boots, luggage
Hawkman

Repairing or reconditioning Rukka

Post by Hawkman »

My current set up is wetting through in moderate rain. I've done the tech wash and reproofing thing which hasn't done much. Does anyone know if it can be reconditioned/repaired? Asking in case theres a cheaper option that spending north of a grand for a replacement. Previously had Halvarssons, but am tempted by Dainese as I'm not sure Rukka is several hundred pounds better than top end rivals?
dern

Re: Repairing or reconditioning Rukka

Post by dern »

Probably best contacting them to ask their advice.

I've had more luck with painting on tent reproofer than wash in stuff for jackets used on a bike. However, if the seems are starting to fail no amount of proofer will help. You can get seam sealer tape from amazon if you can find out where it's leaking from but I've never tried to use it. When I get to that point I generally replace the jacket.

I've really liked the alpinestar andes jackets and trousers and am on my second set.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Fabsil?

(on very clean fabric)
non quod, sed quomodo
Hawkman

Post by Hawkman »

Thank you all - sorry about the late reply been a bit busy. Looks like new kit - some of the seams are working lose. Looks like a decision has to be made to either spend big at Hideout or buy cheaper and accept replacing every 3 years or so... I don't commute year round, so may have to be the latter.
Horse

Post by Horse »

There us a cheaper, but inelegant, 'fix':

In conditions where it's likely to wet, wear a cheap unlined oversuit over the top.

Then, when bored of the faff, buy Hideout ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

Hawkman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:07 am Thank you all - sorry about the late reply been a bit busy. Looks like new kit - some of the seams are working lose. Looks like a decision has to be made to either spend big at Hideout or buy cheaper and accept replacing every 3 years or so... I don't commute year round, so may have to be the latter.
Another vote for Hideout. Kate pretty much tailored my Rukka Coriace leathers to my unique dimensions and still retained the Gore-Tex waterproofing. A truly excellent job.

The Klim Hardanger and Rev'it Paramount are one piece textile waterproof suits which might appeal. I've not seen them in the flesh but understand they are more very robust over-suits designed to be worn over day-to-day clothes, ease of use being the main attraction.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Beancounter wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:40 am
Hawkman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:07 am Thank you all - sorry about the late reply been a bit busy. Looks like new kit - some of the seams are working lose. Looks like a decision has to be made to either spend big at Hideout or buy cheaper and accept replacing every 3 years or so... I don't commute year round, so may have to be the latter.
Another vote for Hideout. Kate pretty much tailored my Rukka Coriace leathers to my unique dimensions and still retained the Gore-Tex waterproofing. A truly excellent job.

The Klim Hardanger and Rev'it Paramount are one piece textile waterproof suits which might appeal. I've not seen them in the flesh but understand they are more very robust over-suits designed to be worn over day-to-day clothes, ease of use being the main attraction.
FWIW, the Revit suit is AA and the Klim seems to be just A :wtf:

https://www.24mx.co.uk/product/klim-har ... PIA-272169

Certification Standard
CE EN 17092-4 Class A
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

Beancounter wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:40 am Another vote for Hideout.
And another vote from me for Hideout :thumbup:

Made-to-measure makes an immense comfort difference. Also, Hideout and BKS textiles provide protection that’s leagues above Rukka, Dainese, etc.

Price is the only downside of bespoke clothing, but Hideout and BKS gear is built to last 20+ years. While the purchase price is very high, the price per year is relatively low because of the garment’s longevity.