Knox Urbane Pro 3

Discussing your new helmet, jacket, boots, luggage
Supermofo

Knox Urbane Pro 3

Post by Supermofo »

Anyone tried one? It's always in the back of my mind that my Oxford Mondial jacket is only A rated so this sort of appeals as a wear this with the Oxford over the top (sans inners/armour) as it's designed as either an under layer or worn on its own in the heat. So double up when it's cool or on it's own when really hot. It's AA rated on its own.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/772367

Probably won't get one as 90% of the time I wear my leather jacket and I'd probably be better off selling the Oxford Mondial and getting a higher rated jacket, but it could be a handy option at the height of summer and then just use the Oxford as a water/windproof layer in spring/autumn.
Rockburner

Re: Knox Urbane Pro 3

Post by Rockburner »

Supermofo wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:35 pm Anyone tried one? It's always in the back of my mind that my Oxford Mondial jacket is only A rated so this sort of appeals as a wear this with the Oxford over the top (sans inners/armour) as it's designed as either an under layer or worn on its own in the heat. So double up when it's cool or on it's own when really hot. It's AA rated on its own.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/772367

Probably won't get one as 90% of the time I wear my leather jacket and I'd probably be better off selling the Oxford Mondial and getting a higher rated jacket, but it could be a handy option at the height of summer and then just use the Oxford as a water/windproof layer in spring/autumn.

I've not tried one of these armoured undershirts, but I'd much rather have all the protection built into my outer jacket - so that when I take the jacket off, I'm not encumbered by bikey-shite as I try to go about my business. Tis the same reason I much prefer a jacket that's waterproof in-and-of-itself than wearing an over-jacket.
non quod, sed quomodo
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Yes, I've got one specifically for use in the south of France. The integral body armour is good quality and the general fit is snug. You want to get a fit that doesn't allow the armour to move much if at all. The outer layer looks like it would stand up well to sliding type abrasion. I'm very pleased with it - the built in ventilation works well at anything much above 18-20 deg C. Below that it might be a bit on the cool side, but then you just put an outer windproof shell on and all is good.

I'm all in favour of these close-fitting pieces of kit that have all the body armour held in place. Much better than having a jacket where the body armour tends to float about the body. For UK use I've got the Action shirt and pants which do the same job of holding body armour in place but are designed to be used with an outer layer.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

It's got strings for your mittens
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

20% off today for valentines, apparently, generous but all the helmets I want are only available in S or XS....

"Today Only! 20% Off non-sale items. Use code: LOVE20 at the checkout or in-store. Min spend £25. Exclusions apply. Ends 11:59 pm Feb 14th. T&Cs apply."
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:33 pm It's got strings for your mittens
Mum says I need em :thumbdown:
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

I’ve got an earlier version, probably ten years old now. Wear it in summer under a hoody or any normal jacket.

The armour is pretty substantial, definitely better than any bike jacket I’ve worn.