Best protective phone case?

Mr Moofo

Best protective phone case?

Post by Mr Moofo »

Any recommendations - I broke the screen on my iPhone 11 3x - it wasn't the cases fault - it was me leaving it I'm my back pocket and cracking it.
That said, I have fitted an Otterbox Communter which has protected it from a few drops.
Prior to this it was in a Quadlock case - and that seems to be a little to much "hard plastic" to protect.
Spigen also seems to be one that has good reviews.

I don't need full on navvy protection levels - juts the occasionally drop or clumsy set down etc
Zimbo

Re: Best protective phone case?

Post by Zimbo »

Mous is claiming to be very good, according to their ads on the telly? Personally I just use gel cases off Amazon and they've worked well so far ...
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

I've used Spigen for years, always found to be very good.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Zimbo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 pm Mous is claiming to be very good, according to their ads on the telly? Personally I just use gel cases off Amazon and they've worked well so far ...
But damn they are expensive !

56 quid for a cover :thumbdown:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Mous are worth every penny, after all how much is a screen replacement / replacement phone.

My S21 ultra has been in one for 2.5 years and other than the screen protector getting damaged through normal wear and tear, the phone looks brand new. I’ve had it in my arse or cargo pocket whilst doing all manner of building work around the house and whilst I’ve dropped it loads of times, the mous case is practically unblemished.

I’ve recently swapped to quadlock due to massively increased mileage in the car and it charges / enables me to access Spotify etc. on the move. But I still swap to the mous case when around the house etc.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

No case is proof against bending it and cracking the screen. Jeans pocket, get into low car, .............. Bigger the phone, bigger the risk

DAMHIKT
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Silly Car wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:53 pm Mous are worth every penny, after all how much is a screen replacement / replacement phone.

My S21 ultra has been in one for 2.5 years and other than the screen protector getting damaged through normal wear and tear, the phone looks brand new. I’ve had it in my arse or cargo pocket whilst doing all manner of building work around the house and whilst I’ve dropped it loads of times, the mous case is practically unblemished.

I’ve recently swapped to quadlock due to massively increased mileage in the car and it charges / enables me to access Spotify etc. on the move. But I still swap to the mous case when around the house etc.
@Silly Car
What makes them so good?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:25 pm
Silly Car wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:53 pm Mous are worth every penny, after all how much is a screen replacement / replacement phone.

@Silly Car
What makes them so good?
Mous? They're designed with REAL materials! (I just looked at them on Amazon and it amused me to contemplate what would a case made of non-real materials be like).
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:25 pm

@Silly Car
What makes them so good?
To add to what I’ve highlighted above, I’ve used mous cases since they were a kickstarter (or similar), I’ve never had any damage to any phone I’ve owned since using them. The screen protector damage is seemingly an issue with Samsung phones as the Mrs has a S22 and the screen protector is peeling up at the edges and is scratched to hell, but then you could argue it is doing its job.

The only issue I’ve had with mous is the S21 case arrived damaged, the packaging looked like it had been driven over by a car, the back corner had been scrapped on something abrasive but it still fitted the phone and I reckon it would have done its job and protected the phone.

I sent one email to mous with photos of the damage and the replacement was with me the next day.

£56 versus £400-400?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

The most likely time a phone will break for me is when the case gets old and brittle and the phone slips out, therefore any wallet type cases that hold the phone with hard plastic bits are out.
I have hard concrete floors everywhere in my house and drops happen, I've found cheap gel cases work well. They don't help if it falls screen down onto something hard and not flat but that hasn't happened yet.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Mussels wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:21 am The most likely time a phone will break for me is when the case gets old and brittle and the phone slips out, therefore any wallet type cases that hold the phone with hard plastic bits are out.
I have hard concrete floors everywhere in my house and drops happen, I've found cheap gel cases work well. They don't help if it falls screen down onto something hard and not flat but that hasn't happened yet.
Mine are when I sit on it on it
Or drop it on the slate floor in the kitchen.
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Just spotted a 20% off code GIFT20 on their Facebook adverts
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Will check that out - have just bought the Otterbox - which seems good