Parking (not Penalty) Charge Notices

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
DefTrap

Parking (not Penalty) Charge Notices

Post by DefTrap »

On private property, natch', not Council.

My dopey eldest just got one of these for an overstay. When I (ahem) got one 8 or 9 years ago I just ignored their threats until they fecked off. Is that still the MO or does the threat now end in actual Bailiffs and CCJs?
Last edited by DefTrap on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Docca

Re: Parking (not Penalty) Charge Notices

Post by Docca »

I received one last year. Ignored. Its gone away.
maccecht

Post by maccecht »

I got one told them my brother who lives in NI was riding thr bike. He got all the usual letters. We could, we may blah blah blah eventually they gave up. Ignore until you get a letter before court if you get one. Do not respond until then you will get a letter ramping it up every 3 weeks or so then a concilitory letter dtopping it 30 quid. They will say things like we have advised our clients solicitors etc. They will mention bailiffs all total bollocks they have no powers. Take it to the wire and if you get a letter before court then react
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I have no idea if the ignore it tactic still works but the law did change a few years ago, they banned wheel clamping in exchange for private parking tickets to be enforceable. So whilst they may not bother they can enforce them if they want.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

The law defo changed a couple of years back.

I'd be doing some proper googling before taking any advice about just ignoring them.
maccecht

Post by maccecht »

The law changed in that the Popla act came in so in 2012 in England and Wakes they can get the registered keeper details from DVLA for £2.50 and serve the ticket on them if the driver does not respond. All a money making scheme as after a month of no contact from the driver the cost goes up to £100 and the RK gets the bill. Ghost ticketing rocketed and many companies have had slapped wrists but it still continues. Easy money as the letters they send are intimidating. Moneysavingexpert has a great page fully explaining all.
maccecht

Post by maccecht »