Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Count Steer

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Count Steer »

v8-powered wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm This one fits in both the BYP and happy thread!

At railway station this morning parking the car, walking to get train and notice a Vespa parked across a car parking bay which is odd as there must be space for at least 100 bikes in a dedicated area.

Coming home tonight, thought I'd check in on the Vespa and see if it's still there, thinking of posting on the FB Twat parking page. Couldn't see anything until I got nearer, then behold! Vespa chucked up against the fence on its side and a car in the bay.

At first I admit to laughing and thinking serves you right, then thought how would I feel?

Dick move from both sides I guess?
Could've been nicked and dumped there. Now the owners got a scooter that's been chucked on the ground too. Pretty unnecessary to damage it.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm
v8-powered wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm This one fits in both the BYP and happy thread!

At railway station this morning parking the car, walking to get train and notice a Vespa parked across a car parking bay which is odd as there must be space for at least 100 bikes in a dedicated area.

Coming home tonight, thought I'd check in on the Vespa and see if it's still there, thinking of posting on the FB Twat parking page. Couldn't see anything until I got nearer, then behold! Vespa chucked up against the fence on its side and a car in the bay.

At first I admit to laughing and thinking serves you right, then thought how would I feel?

Could've been nicked and dumped there. Now the owners got a scooter that's been chucked on the ground too. Pretty unnecessary to damage it.
It was chained up and had the guys lid attached to it still l, so guess he'd just chosen to park there.

Unlucky, whatever way..
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

The BBC have redesigned the footy pages to include club logos on the league and fixtures pages. It looks a complete mess and makes it harder to read with less information available on a mobile phone screen.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Pirahna wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:46 am The BBC have redesigned the footy pages to include club logos on the league and fixtures pages. It looks a complete mess and makes it harder to read with less information available on a mobile phone screen.
Yeah. It's shit. I use the BBC for my footy a lot.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Pirahna wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:46 am The BBC have redesigned the footy pages to include club logos on the league and fixtures pages. It looks a complete mess and makes it harder to read with less information available on a mobile phone screen.
They've done something to those pages that's completey screwed it for me when read on chrome for android.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Seems odd to park in a car bay when there are designated bike bays? Mind you, I was recently told that at one of our local car parks the enforcement officers said you pay for a ticket so you use a car parking bay as there aren't specific bike bays and they'd issue tickets if you parked anywhere else?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

If I'd have written a screen like this, I'd have been embarrassed :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Screenshot_20240424_113648_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240424_113648_Samsung Internet.jpg (202.84 KiB) Viewed 291 times
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:38 am

Seems odd to park in a car bay when there are designated bike bays? Mind you, I was recently told that at one of our local car parks the enforcement officers said you pay for a ticket so you use a car parking bay as there aren't specific bike bays and they'd issue tickets if you parked anywhere else?
Colchester is free for 'peds / motorbikes. Seemed very odd to me as the bike parking is nearest to the station entrance too, so he would have had further to walk from the bay he chose?
Perhaps he was just being a dick and wanting a car space rather than a small bike space, making a point maybe? The bike parking is generally only half-full on a busy day.....
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

NR management and treating their staff like numpties when it comes to briefing out pay negotiations and how “generous” their derisory offer is.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 pm NR management and treating their staff like numpties when it comes to briefing out pay negotiations and how “generous” their derisory offer is.
Numbers! Give us numbers!

Then we'll decide, ya grasping git. ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Vehicle "accident repair centres" and their collusion with insurance companies.

I need to get a dink in my bumper repaired before sending my car back into the scheme. 'cause it's an OEM employee car they insist that repairs are done by their official approved bodyshops...fine. There's one in MK and the next closest is in Northampton.

Got a quote from the Northampton bunch, MK guys are being really elusive. They just won't tell me how much it would be :obscene-birdiedoublered:

"Do you have a claim number?"
"We can deal with your insurance direct"
"We work with the insurers automatically through their systems"

Just tell me how much it costs you racketeering bastards :lol:

Northampton bunch on the other hand are excellent. They even put a big statement at the bottom of the quotes "Remember, it's your choice not your insurance company's".
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Bristol airport security - we nearly missed our flight. :evil:
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm Bristol airport security - we nearly missed our flight. :evil:
Probably thought you were a dodgy character heading off to check on your shares 'pump and dump' operation and bitcoin scam call centre. :lol:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm Bristol airport security - we nearly missed our flight. :evil:
Probably thought you were a dodgy character heading off to check on your shares 'pump and dump' operation and bitcoin scam call centre. :lol:
Massive queues at 0630, and then they decided to search Mrs CJ's case. That went down like a lead balloon, Mrs CJ is particular about her packing.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Eco routes on Tomtom
Since when has 19million gear changes up and around the massif centrale been eco you fucking Dutch twats!
Tomorrow we get fastest route!
4 hrs to go 140 miles........cnuts
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

It's not Bokeh, its wank.
The out of focus shite that seems in fashion on the streaming platforms currently.
Bored with wank camerawork, sort it out.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

demographic wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm It's not Bokeh, its wank.
The out of focus shite that seems in fashion on the streaming platforms currently.
I put that through Google translate. Nada :(
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

demographic wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm It's not Bokeh, its wank.
How else are we to know they've got fast lenses with big apertures? :D
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am Vehicle "accident repair centres" and their collusion with insurance companies.

I need to get a dink in my bumper repaired before sending my car back into the scheme. 'cause it's an OEM employee car they insist that repairs are done by their official approved bodyshops...fine. There's one in MK and the next closest is in Northampton.

Got a quote from the Northampton bunch, MK guys are being really elusive. They just won't tell me how much it would be :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Northampton bunch on the other hand are excellent. They even put a big statement at the bottom of the quotes "Remember, it's your choice not your insurance company's".

There's something you're not telling us here I think.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Yambo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am Vehicle "accident repair centres" and their collusion with insurance companies.

There's something you're not telling us here I think.
When I've read return T&Cs it's put me right off any car leasing ideas, it looks pretty much the same as landlord deposits where they will find any excuse to take extra money off you.