Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Its just a ring camera we moved their temporarily, we're curious to see when they were coming and going.

They're proper creatures of habit! Out for a morning patrol at 5AM without fail.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:56 am Its just a ring camera we moved their temporarily, we're curious to see when they were coming and going.

They're proper creatures of habit! Out for a morning patrol at 5AM without fail.
The cat study at Shamley Green showed that the cats on a patch have time slots! (I assume so that they avoid bovva cats and only meet chums or, indeed, avoid all of them :D ).
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Ooh me heart! Ooh me wallet! :(

Just taken a pair of curtains to the dry cleaners.

£92! :o

(+ I had to sign a disclaimer should they shrink, fade, dissolve whatever).
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:51 am Microchip cat flaps that only let your cats in...allegedly.

This is my cat flap, but that ain't my cat :lol:. Much cat growling and general cerfuffle ensued at 3AM.

Screenshot_20240410_071645_Ring.jpg
We have the magnetic version. At our old place our cat's mate would turn up at 3am and headbutt it trying to get in, he was so loud it woke us up 🤣
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I've just caught interloper cat in the act!

Heard it banging the cat flap trying to gain entry so I switched on kitty cam. Said beast is tapping the flap with it's paws to make it bounce, then hooking a paw under the flap when it's part open and pulling it fully open in the 'out' direction. It only locks in the 'in' direction so as not to inadvertently trap stray animals that somehow gain entry.

I'm actually mildly impressed :lol:

DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

<Sigh>.

Car vandalised overnight. My assumption but quite likely. Big impact to OS upper windscreen, not repairable, plus a windcreen wiper has gone missing and the arm is twisted. Happened sometime between my missus using it yesterday afternoon and 10a:m this morning.

Les dibbles came round pdq and quizzed me. They were armed and severe - parked their car right in the middle of the street and left it there because clearly this is important shit and so are they. "Does it run?" (Bloody cheek) ;) and "Have I made any enemies?" (I think that's what they were implying). :D . I don't think so but who the feck knows? Maybe I sneered at a baguette or talked too loudly at the local bar? (quite likely ;) ). Plod warmed up a bit in the end and advised me to report it (I thought that's what we were doing right there right then?) and suggested I should fix it. :cry:
It's all a bit perplexing because this village is deader than a dead thing from 8pm onwards, even at the weekends. No packs of roaming youths or drunks staggering home in the wee hours, especially on a Wednesday. No other vehicles nearby were similarly vandalised.

It's only the moighty 406 but even so ...
Attachments
rsz_img_20240411_112022.jpg
rsz_img_20240411_112022.jpg (170.06 KiB) Viewed 234 times
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Do you usually park in that space? Some people get possessive about these things. Has it got Fronch plates on? It does look a bit of a drunken effort.

(I assume it's not a disabled space like the one next to it and you've not been hit by a wheelchair vigilante!).

Pain in the arris whichever. :(
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:46 am I wouldn't mind plumbing so much* but they always put it in inaccessible bloomin' places under stuff and behind stuff or buried in stuff. It's bad enough dealing with all the origami of taps, doublesink drains, washing machine, dishwasher etc but burying it under the sink in a cupboard is a PITA.

If I designed my own place I'd go for 'industrial chic' and have all the services easily accessible.

* proper stuff with a blowtorch - compression fittings can do one.
That is one of the (if not the only) advantages of ripping out all the old stuff and doing it yourself from scratch. We've been pretty much forced down this route in France and it means that I've been able to make stuff accessible and fit stop cocks/valves to every major component that might need attention. Both hot and cold circuits operate off a 6 way manifold, so any circuit can be shut down without impacting everything else. This is the hot water manifold, fed straight from the HW cylinder.

DSC_0833a.JPG
DSC_0833a.JPG (679.87 KiB) Viewed 222 times

The pipe is what known as 'multicouche' (multilayer) and has its own jointing system, employing lots of clamping pressure allied to o-rings. I've not had one leak yet. But for copper, I'm with you all the way - give me soldered joints every time. Compression fittings are used only when there is absolutely no alternative.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:17 pm Do you usually park in that space? Some people get possessive about these things. Has it got Fronch plates on? It does look a bit of a drunken effort.

(I assume it's not a disabled space like the one next to it and you've not been hit by a wheelchair vigilante!).

Pain in the arris whichever. :(
It's just roadside parking - there's about eight spaces there (some out of shot) but none of them designated other than the single disabled bay. My car is always in one of them, along with primarily the same set of other random neighbours who have too many cars, and various others that come and go for the bakers, church, graveyard etc in the proximity. Ours is a familiar village fixture (it's on google maps FFS - the vandalism happened where the blue car in the background is parked) as we've had it for yonks as it's good for airport runs, going to the dump etc and refuses to die. Yes, it's got Fronch plates.

It does smack of targeted villainy. I've wandered about but I can't see any windscreen wipers lobbed in hedges.
Attachments
rsz_2406.png
rsz_2406.png (452.26 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Last edited by DefTrap on Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Yorick wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:54 am Cats. Pen has 3 cats and when she goes on her regular trips to UK, they often bugger off for a few days.
She's been away 2 weeks and the ginger one has been missing about 5 days.
Nothing strange, it'll come home soon as usual.

But council workers tidying up our front verge found him in some bushes.
When I picked him up to put in a sack, he was stiff so been there a while.

Had to phone Penny. No answer so rang her mum's landline.
Told her mum and she'll break the sad news.

She'll be devastated. It's getting to me much more than I thought. He was a funny cat.

Poor Frankie.
Sorry to hear about that. I'd be distraught if I found my cat dead in some bushes. I'm nervous as hell if he doesn't come home before dark.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Expensive beer :(

No large beers . OK, dos canas.

Fark . €5
20240412_134259.jpg
20240412_134259.jpg (836.91 KiB) Viewed 146 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:45 pm Expensive beer :(

Fark . €5

20240412_134259.jpg
Its the plastic cups that would kill it for me. I cant drink out of those kids cups and would probably have gone without or a bottled beer, if they'd let you drink out of the bottle?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:14 pm

Fark . €5

20240412_134259.jpg
Its the plastic cups that would kill it for me. I cant drink out of those kids cups and would probably have gone without or a bottled beer, if they'd let you drink out of the bottle?
Being a good boy. Only having one.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:17 pm

Fark . €5

20240412_134259.jpg

:lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:35 pm

Got an hour's drive soon and cops are keen.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

When I insured the monster originally they couldn't renew the policy because I didn't have it french registered by the end of the first policy. I've struggled to get any insurance due to it being UK registered but my mate has asked for proof that I've been insured to send to his insurance policy because I'm going to be a name rider

Only, I've just realised that the old insurance co has written on the proof of policy "cancelled by insurer" - but, they just wouldn't renew, which I don't think is the same as cancelled.

Getting the feeling I'm not going to have the use of a bike for the next few months which is properly BMP

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:39 pm <Sigh>.

Car vandalised overnight. My assumption but quite likely. Big impact to OS upper windscreen, not repairable, plus a windcreen wiper has gone missing and the arm is twisted. Happened sometime between my missus using it yesterday afternoon and 10a:m this morning.

Les dibbles came round pdq and quizzed me. They were armed and severe - parked their car right in the middle of the street and left it there because clearly this is important shit and so are they. "Does it run?" (Bloody cheek) ;) and "Have I made any enemies?" (I think that's what they were implying). :D . I don't think so but who the feck knows? Maybe I sneered at a baguette or talked too loudly at the local bar? (quite likely ;) ). Plod warmed up a bit in the end and advised me to report it (I thought that's what we were doing right there right then?) and suggested I should fix it. :cry:
It's all a bit perplexing because this village is deader than a dead thing from 8pm onwards, even at the weekends. No packs of roaming youths or drunks staggering home in the wee hours, especially on a Wednesday. No other vehicles nearby were similarly vandalised.

It's only the moighty 406 but even so ...
That Boules ball size? Would like to think an accident with someone chucking one up and down while walking past.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Felix wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:31 pm
That Boules ball size? Would like to think an accident with someone chucking one up and down while walking past.
They ripped a wiper off. :(
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:35 pm

That's better. €2.75 by the pool
20240412_191648.jpg
20240412_191648.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 93 times
Felix

Post by Felix »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:08 pm
Felix wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:31 pm
They ripped a wiper off. :(
Fight then and thats the back of someone head. I had a this happen to me but it was a fight in the street. Someone got thrown onto the screen and you could see the shape where the back went into it. It was a few streets away from where i was living but when i went to get the car it had police tape on it. As i was the only one to have tape i took it off and got the screen fixed. Never heard from plod yet.