Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Jody »

It appears this thread didn't make it's way across from the other other place so I thought I'd start one.....

I probably did this one on the other thread but here we go anyways......

BMP today is people who feel the need to back up and argument that doesn't need back up.... EG

"Jody, we have no electric at our mobile"

"OK I'm on my way"

A perfectly valid complaint from a guest. At this point all there is to do is end the phone call, I''ll put some uniform on and I'll be there in less then 3 minutes.....

"But the fridge isn't working"

Well I know it's not working, you've told me the electric is out and I've told you I'm on my way

"and we have no AC"

Of course the AC isn't working, it runs on electric and you've told me the electric is off

"we can't even boil the kettle"

I KNOW YOU PRICK, THERE'S NO NEED TO LIST ALL THE THINGS ELECTRIC THAT DON'T WORK. I'VE TOLD YOU I'M ON MY WAY....

do you know what's stopping me getting there quickly?? YOU, YOU FUCKING BELLEND, THE LONGER I HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU LIST ALL THE ELECTRICAL ITEMS IN YOUR MOBILE, THE LONGER YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I GET THERE!!

and go !!!
moth

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by moth »

Have you ever asked yourself if you're cut out for 'customer facing'? :lol:
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

moth wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:10 pm Have you ever asked yourself if you're cut out for 'customer facing'? :lol:
Ha ha

The thing about being customer facing is to 'think' those things, post them on a forum, but NEVER say them to the guest !!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

moth wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:10 pm Have you ever asked yourself if you're cut out for 'customer facing'? :lol:
The biggest thing in hospitality of any sort especially, as Jody said, is to deal with idiots and never tell them that's what they are :D

My sister and I both used to work in bars/restaurants/hotels - family get togethers (in one of our homes, not in public) were always reduced to howls of laughter from everyone else when we started swapping "fuckwit customer" stories!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:38 pmThe biggest thing in hospitality of any sort especially, as Jody said, is to deal with idiots and never tell them that's what they are :D

My sister and I both used to work in bars/restaurants/hotels - family get togethers (in one of our homes, not in public) were always reduced to howls of laughter from everyone else when we started swapping "fuckwit customer" stories!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's probably a good idea to remember that you're almost certainly the star of some other person's "fuckwit customer" story. :D
Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Saga Lout wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:23 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:38 pmThe biggest thing in hospitality of any sort especially, as Jody said, is to deal with idiots and never tell them that's what they are :D

It's probably a good idea to remember that you're almost certainly the star of some other person's "fuckwit customer" story. :D
Oh totally!! I've failed a few times at the barwork patience. My wanker tolerance got lower as I got older - hence not doing it anymore!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Jody wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:30 pm
Ha ha

The thing about being customer facing is to 'think' those things, post them on a forum, but NEVER say them to the guest !!
It not like you named the resort, used your real name and posted on a public forum.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

The phrase "the electic is out" really BMP.

Your electric what? You mean your electricity is out? When your water fails you don't say "my wet is broken".

It' s probably the only 'english language error' that bothers me :p I have no idea why it grates so much. :D
moth

Post by moth »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:51 pm The phrase "the electic is out" really BMP.

Your electric what? You mean your electricity is out? When your water fails you don't say "my wet is broken".

It' s probably the only 'english language error' that bothers me :p I have no idea why it grates so much. :D

What do you say if your gas is out? :eh:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

moth wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:54 pm
Back to the time machine!
ogri

Post by ogri »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:51 pm The phrase "the electic is out" really BMP.

Excuse me ?
Ignorance is bliss
moth

Post by moth »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:56 pm
What does your central heating run on then?

...and if it's oil (you must be well rich), what do you say if your oil is out? :)
melons

Post by melons »

moth wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 pm

...and if it's oil (you must be well rich), what do you say if your oil is out? :)
he'll have a geothermal heat pump or two
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Back to shit that boils yer piss...

With COVID-19 I've had to make a few changes to the way I'm seeing clients. No one but employees are allowed in the building, so yours truly has to go out and retrieve their pets. I go out to their car, ask them a few questions about their pet's well being and then collect the pet & go inside. It never fails that the owner of a small dog that isn't leashed trained and is a flailing/kicker will decide that once I've got the little maniac in my arms is the time to come clean after telling me all is well with Fluffy. Throw in a bit of unrelated BS while yer at it too. It's only 90 out here with humidity in the upper 90% range. And your dog's long nails are currently looking for my innards. Oh, and while you're sitting in the comfort of your car with the A/C running, I'm out here enjoying the bonus heat it's generating.
cheb

Post by cheb »

moth wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 pm

If it happened, and my best beloved got cold, I wouldn't say a word.

Dead men tell no tales.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

If thats the only thing that bother's you your lucky. Their are a few of my favourites in this post for you're delectation. LOL
Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Pigeons, thick, stupid, deaf pigeons.
Driving home after nights, the Magpies fly off the road as soon as they hear you, the blackbirds are the same, but what do the very many pigeons do?????? They just sit there until you are almost on top of them and deciding whether to avoid them or flatten them.
My journey home is all country lanes and a B road, hundreds of the things everywhere.
Not helped by being tired, old and needing a wee.
Mick
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

636mick wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:30 pm Pigeons, thick, stupid, deaf pigeons.
Driving home after nights, the Magpies fly off the road as soon as they hear you, the blackbirds are the same, but what do the very many pigeons do?????? They just sit there until you are almost on top of them and deciding whether to avoid them or flatten them.
My journey home is all country lanes and a B road, hundreds of the things everywhere.
Mick
How do you know the Pigeons need a wee???

;)
moth

Post by moth »

Mick
Rats with wings. No decision necessary.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mick
I only found out yesterday, that doves and pigeons are basically the same thing.
My pal's daughter is called Paloma and was Googling the meaning of the name :)