Visitor Reboot Vilation

What can the Admins do to help, any requests for changes, updates, etc.
Felix

Visitor Reboot Vilation

Post by Felix »

This is what i get when trying to view this page with the VPN running
Attachments
Visitor Reboot Vilation.jpg
Visitor Reboot Vilation.jpg (71.87 KiB) Viewed 367 times
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Visitor Reboot Vilation

Post by weeksy »

I'm not sure what the question is :)

But i'm even less sure about what i can do to resolve it as that's something from the VPN not us....
cheb

Post by cheb »

I get the same at random intervals and only ever on here. I close the page to clear any cookies and relog in, sometimes I reset the VPN in the browser.

I'm using ExpessVPN which one are you using? Linux Mint and Firefox are the OS and browser.
Felix

Post by Felix »

cheb wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:14 am I get the same at random intervals and only ever on here. I close the page to clear any cookies and relog in, sometimes I reset the VPN in the browser.

I'm using ExpessVPN which one are you using? Linux Mint and Firefox are the OS and browser.
Testing the free version of ProtonVPN but been using it for a few month now and this is the first. Ill have a clean up and see how it goes but yes, other forums are fine and i am using windows 11 with Brave browser.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Felix wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:20 am
cheb wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:14 am I get the same at random intervals and only ever on here. I close the page to clear any cookies and relog in, sometimes I reset the VPN in the browser.

Testing the free version of ProtonVPN but been using it for a few month now and this is the first. Ill have a clean up and see how it goes but yes, other forums are fine and i am using windows 11 with Brave browser.
Wow... internet browsing for the tinhat brigade :)
Felix

Post by Felix »

Cookie cleaning did nothing but the site must hate the Dutch as changed VPN to America and its fine. At least its not anything my end.
cheb

Post by cheb »

AFAICT it's triggered by IP addresses, if I switch between VPN locations in the UK it usually resets.

I could be talking shite, I know what I need to know about my home network but beyond there be dragons.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Felix wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:27 am Cookie cleaning did nothing but the site must hate the Dutch as changed VPN to America and its fine. At least its not anything my end.
IT's unlikely to be this 'site' as such... The site doesn't know or care where, how or even what you came from. The ISP/Hosting though may have blacklisted specific IP ranges/locations due to spamming / etc ....
Felix

Post by Felix »

weeksy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:32 am
Felix wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:27 am Cookie cleaning did nothing but the site must hate the Dutch as changed VPN to America and its fine. At least its not anything my end.
IT's unlikely to be this 'site' as such... The site doesn't know or care where, how or even what you came from. The ISP/Hosting though may have blacklisted specific IP ranges/locations due to spamming / etc ....
More spammers in Holland than America :o At least i know i can keep my VPN running so the big man cant see what i am doing :lol:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Felix wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:43 am
More spammers in Holland than America :o At least i know i can keep my VPN running so the big man cant see what i am doing :lol:
I'm curious as to what you think anyone is looking for in terms of needing Brave and a VPN. Who or what do you think is going to be stealing/stolen ?

I use VPN but only to connect to work networks, if i'm not working, i use no VPN and on my phone i use nothing at all...
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

weeksy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:48 am
Felix wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:43 am

I'm curious as to what you think anyone is looking for in terms of needing Brave and a VPN. Who or what do you think is going to be stealing/stolen ?

I use VPN but only to connect to work networks, if i'm not working, i use no VPN and on my phone i use nothing at all...
I bet you don't use a free VPN to connect to work networks. It's funny, people don't trust the world 'out there' but they'll happily give their data to a free VPN provider. There's a reason they're free...
Felix

Post by Felix »

Its the free try before you buy test. Brave was only used as it has a good ad blocker what worked well on WB adverts on TRC. I just stuck with it. VPN is needed for illegal streaming service. No VPN i could not have watched Man U make an arse of extra time last night. No VPN my Torrent search engine wont open.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Felix wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:08 am Brave was only used as it has a good ad blocker what worked well on WB adverts on TRC
You know we don't and never will have adverts on here :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Felix wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:08 am Its the free try before you buy test. Brave was only used as it has a good ad blocker what worked well on WB adverts on TRC. I just stuck with it. VPN is needed for illegal streaming service. No VPN i could not have watched Man U make an arse of extra time last night. No VPN my Torrent search engine wont open.
That's why ISPs can get a bit :think: about them....all the crims use them. :lol:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I get a similar message and disconnection once in a blue moon. Switch the VPN off for a sec, switch on, carry on.

Lots of VPN deals out there, fwiw I went with PIA which had the best price/performance ratio.
“The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
Plato
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:23 am
Felix wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:20 am

Wow... internet browsing for the tinhat brigade :)
Yup, the site is https, so it's encrypted, why use a VPN, you're encrypting encrypted traffic
Honda Owner
Felix

Post by Felix »

So i spot an issue what i may have thought could be a site issue and and ask about it, after one answer from Cheb the issue is sussed and now i get questioned about why i use a VPN and use Brave like i need to justify it. Ill report/mention bugger all from now on that is for sure.