Hipster only

Anything you like about motorbikes
KungFooBob

Hipster only

Post by KungFooBob »

KungFooBob

Re: Hipster only

Post by KungFooBob »

This day is for novices and experienced riders but whether you’ve done tracks days before or not, we will not allow modern sportsbikes or super-nakeds to take part. Riders on these bikes can (and should) do a standard trackday another time.

Modern-classic carbed super-sports are very welcome, along with cafe racers, roadsters, bobbers, trackers, adventure bikes, scramblers, brats, you can even bring your low rider or chopper, and small cc bikes are no problem (we think). We will allow some fairly fast bikes like the Ducati Monster, Triumph Street and Speed Triples, but if you’re a track-day god looking to show-off all day, please give this one a miss.

A Street/Speed triple if going to rape everything else.

Looking at the pictures they've had XSR900's and one pic has a new Katana in it!

and Modern-classic carbed super-sports = Steelie CBR600's, right?
Last edited by KungFooBob on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I'm doing the 13th on the Trx. I could paint the seat brown and do 20th too.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Nobby wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:38 pm I'm doing the 13th on the Trx. I could paint the seat brown and do 20th too.
Surely it falls into the Modern-classic carbed super-sports category, brown seat or not!
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I've got me a Lockdown Beard growing. It'll be in full bloom come August. Spray my white Kangol '75 open face black , and I'm all in.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Modern Classic Carbed would be surely include things like EXUPs and early SRAD 750s. They're not exactly slow.
"Does this bus go to the Titanic?"

"No missus, It's a submarine you need....."
cheb

Post by cheb »

Might their reasoning be more about the attitude of the rider than the bike's performance?
Gimlet

Post by Gimlet »

It's not for me. But at least they're appear to have taken off their Morris Minor cross-plies and fitted proper tyres.

Someone needs to tell the guy with his knee poking out that it isn't strictly necessary when you're only one degree off vertical.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Gimlet wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:05 am It's not for me. But at least they're appear to have taken off their Morris Minor cross-plies and fitted proper tyres.

Someone needs to tell the guy with his knee poking out that it isn't strictly necessary when you're only one degree off vertical.
That guy is Dutch, he owns it... He appears to be coming into Graham Hill bend where arguably you do want your knee out. He' a fast lad too, used to own a Superduke R and was handy on it.. :)
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Just about to lean it over I reckon...Vikki looking good on the Fueller. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:18 am
Gimlet wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:05 am It's not for me. But at least they're appear to have taken off their Morris Minor cross-plies and fitted proper tyres.

That guy is Dutch, he owns it... He appears to be coming into Graham Hill bend where arguably you do want your knee out. He' a fast lad too, used to own a Superduke R and was handy on it.. :)
Graham Hill Bend ? I have turned right there once. It hurt , so Ill not do it again.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I use my knee to 'pull' me into the corner. A trait used by most racers.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nobby wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:36 pm

Graham Hill Bend ? I have turned right there once. It hurt , so Ill not do it again.
Druids? It's been a while, I know where they are but clearly not the names
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:15 pm
Nobby wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:36 pm

Druids? It's been a while, I know where they are but clearly not the names
It certainly is Druids :)