So what is 2022 bringing in terms of bikes for you ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

So what is 2022 bringing in terms of bikes for you ?

Post by weeksy »

What you got for this year then gang ?

I think mine is likely to be quite a small list this year in honesty, with no commuting, no Euro Trips planned and no trackdays booked, but i'm still looking forward to getting the MT-07 out in a few weeks time and giving it a good thrap. It'll then go off for it's first service and i'll be having plenty of smaller days/rides.

The ZX6R, well that's still waiting on recovery of the wifes leg post-op and she'll then debate whether it gets replaced or if it stays. It's now the best part of 12 years old after all. But as she's waiting for the recovery and also some booking at Silverstone etc, well nothing has been really considered.

Hopefully you've all got a bit more than me :D
Taipan

Re: So what is 2022 bringing in terms of bikes for you ?

Post by Taipan »

Indecision mainly! :D If I can sell one of my bikes, I'll probably buy another, and probably a MT-07. What I'll do with it is probably nothing more than commute on it, which brings me back to the indecision of is it worth it?

In the past, when I had a bike I really liked, i'd take a day off every now again and go for a longish ride, normally to the coast for fish n chips. I have so many demands on my time looking after and managing elderly relative's needs, that I think it'd be good for my mental health to return to some solo downtime. Unlikely I'll ever do more than that, but it'd be nice to get the chance for a sunny afternoons ride...
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

The Enfield is staying (the wife won't let me sell it and it's only worth a couple of grand any way).

The Wife's BMW F700GS LS Rallye may well finally get sold, she's been putting it off for years, it's a 66 plate with 666 miles on the clock if anyone is interested.

I'm not totally in love with the GSXR-1100, I'm glad I've owned it, but I'm not sure if it's staying. I need a few more sunny days.

The K1200RS owes me nothing, but takes up quite a bit garage space, it's a great pillion bike, but I might chop it for something a bit more ADV.

Last night her in doors suggested a bike tour of Norn Iron... in February. She's got some days to use up. I think it'll be cold and wet.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Hopefully practicing my kick starts. Gonna get it looking cool and 'first prod' by the summer with any luck 8-)

I might actually join the Triumph OC! For the past 5 years of more biking has mostly been commuting for me, I'm planning on trying to get out more just for the sake of it.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Keeping the one I've got going without needing any more clutches, timing chains, timing chain adjusters or cams would be good. It's got it's first MOT at the end of this month - I don't anticipate any issues :shifty:
Lockdown refugee
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

I'd like a new bike but when Mrs NB caught me looking at autotrader the other day there was a rather 'sharp' comment!!

So, I maybe just look at new suspension and a bit of an overhaul for my Fazer thou, which tbh, has been sitting rather dejected and unloved in the garage for the best part of 18 months or so. Work would be farmed out though, as if I took it apart, it would stay apart probably forever!!
dern

Post by dern »

Hopefully plenty of track days on the CBR1000 in the uk. I'll also be taking the 950SM and the 1190ADV to them to see what they're like on track. I don't think that this will become a regular thing but if they can get through the noise test they might be fun.

Hoping to travel to see more friends on the 1190ADV but without that or commuting it's not getting used very much at all.

More evenings and weekends playing on the 950SM. On the fence about this bike, I like it but I don't feel that attached to it yet. It'll stay until I either get attached to it or I decide to swap it for something else. Often find myself thinking about selling it and getting either a TL1000S or a Mille RSV Factory R.

More green laning on the the DRZ.

I'll see if I can get the ZXR750 finished this year.

All of the above subject to being arsed as usual.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

dern wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:38 am Hopefully plenty of track days on the CBR1000 in the uk. I'll also be taking the 950SM and the 1190ADV to them to see what they're like on track. I don't think that this will become a regular thing but if they can get through the noise test they might be fun.

Hoping to travel to see more friends on the 1190ADV but without that or commuting it's not getting used very much at all.

More evenings and weekends playing on the 950SM. On the fence about this bike, I like it but I don't feel that attached to it yet. It'll stay until I either get attached to it or I decide to swap it for something else. Often find myself thinking about selling it and getting either a TL1000S or a Mille RSV Factory R.

More green laning on the the DRZ.

I'll see if I can get the ZXR750 finished this year.

All of the above subject to being arsed as usual.
I've done plenty of trackdays on a 950SM and it's really good fun !
Deadpool2

Post by Deadpool2 »

I think just getting out on the bike on day rides will be a bonus for me. We shall see, no Euro trips but fancy a run to Wales and maybe a few days by the coast, depending on work and the outcomes from the on-going re-structuring.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Riding the GSXS lots, maybe a weekend in the Peak District on it.

And I've said I'll race in a pre 1990 Drag Race series, I think it's four weekends of racing around England.

I also may do some trackdays on an old bike.
darthpunk

Post by darthpunk »

Hopefully going for the big bike license. Indecision is a real problem for me (won't bore you with the details) and I fell down the You Tube rabbit hole of motorcycle videos where people have near misses or road rage with car drivers and It's put me off a little if I'm honest.

But......i'm sure a little sabbatical from the online world and the thought of summer evenings will change that mind back in no time
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

darthpunk wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:36 am Hopefully going for the big bike license. Indecision is a real problem for me (won't bore you with the details) and I fell down the You Tube rabbit hole of motorcycle videos where people have near misses or road rage with car drivers and It's put me off a little if I'm honest.

But......i'm sure a little sabbatical from the online world and the thought of summer evenings will change that mind back in no time
Interesting comment that actually. I can recall 2.... yes 2... in countless thousands of miles, days, rides... the first was 15 years ago, the 2nd about 18 months ago.... was it that much a near miss ? Well, not really. I came round a corner to meet a tractor and had to grab a load of brakes.... it was tight... but i stopped a good 10-15m from it, so not that close... just felt it at the time.
Numnut

Post by Numnut »

I'd quite like to fit in a trackday or 2, but I'm not sure the budget is there this year, so probably just commuting and the odd few hours out playing at the weekend.

Have actually considered getting rid and replacing it with something older (like a 929/954 blade or b1h zx6r) that's not financed, but my hearts not really in it because the 790 is just awesome, and if I did get rid, I'd just pcp another after a few months anyway!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Keeping the Harley, no great surprise there, deffo intended to spend some more time tootling around Wales and the Welsh coast.
Maybe look into places that offer accommodation and secure bike storage over that way and make more use of the saddlebag, anyone got any recommendations ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

darthpunk wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:36 am Hopefully going for the big bike license. Indecision is a real problem for me (won't bore you with the details) and I fell down the You Tube rabbit hole of motorcycle videos where people have near misses or road rage with car drivers and It's put me off a little if I'm honest.

If you hang around bikers, you'll end up knowing about ones that died. The one I know that died and one seriously injured were all outriding the conditions (speeding, rlac, whatever you want to call it). We've all done it. It slowed me down for sure, but I still ride like a twat at times. But, Arthritis has done me more damage than biking! :?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Most of the people I knew that died in bike accidents were people who weren't as good as they thought they were, which sounds harsh, but they didn't know when they were riding too fast for what they could see.

A couple of rules to ride/drive by

Only a fool breaks the two second rule
If in doubt, bottle out (of making a manoeuvre)
Last edited by Le_Fromage_Grande on Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Got a few trackdays in mind at Cartegena, riding up to Czechia in May and after riding east for a week or so in Slovakia, before heading home.

Croatia and the Balkans in Sptember, but with plenty of trip exploring Spain during the summer.

As for a new bike, looking at S1000RR's at the moment.
wull

Post by wull »

The to do list for this season is……..

Sell the k7 600, but first I have to do a few things to it.

As for the road bike, get the brakes working perfectly well for track days, I want to do at least two track days, hopefully with me in good shape and the bike working well so I can enjoy it.

I’ll be using the bike for commuting again so probably won’t get out for any casual runs, other than the brakes I think I’ll get a set of clip ons as my brake lever position is limited by the master cylinder, it’s either that or fire on the standard lines because the double banjo bolt is limiting the amount I can move it which means the adjuster for the lever position fouls the clocks when on full lock so the mot tester will probably fail it for that.

Can’t think of anything else.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

I doubt I'll be touching my 690 until I get to Biarritz in April, then I need to get it French registered so I can sell it over the summer. It's got 20,000+ Miles on it which scares off UK folks but the French are not afraid of high mileage. I'm confident on making a good mark up on this bike which will enable me to buy a better one in the autumn when I'm back in the UK !
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Well I'm hoping this year I'll get a new bike. As for what bike I've no idea still. GSXS 750/1000, Z9, XSR9, Tracer 9, MT09, 790 Duke, 1090 Adv. Bugger knows which I'll end up with!

As for riding I'm hoping on some more long/weekend rides. Really wanna do the area around Minehead - Woolacombe and loop around that area. Same on the south coast. Other than that lots of the usual Essex/Suffolk days out. For the longer trips I'd rather be on a new bike than the 690 to more easily break the back of some of the trips with the odd motorway session which isn't fun on the KTM.

If I get a new bike I'll be tempted by a Snetterton evening session on track too.

Other than that just as much riding as I can.