Insurance AGAIN!

Anything you like about motorbikes
KungFooBob

Insurance AGAIN!

Post by KungFooBob »

Who has to insure three bikes the week before Christmas when they're poor from buying presents and shit?

That'll be me!

I've discovered that because two of my bikes are old shonkers I can use Footman James for a classic policy (they're both other 15 years old).

£214.78 for the K-RS and the GSXR, didn't think that was bad!

(I always insure the Bullet on a separate policy and it's too new for FJ anyway).

I'm finding it annoying that some insurers don't have away to do multi-bike quotes online and you have to ring them. I don't do talking to real people.

So far FJ, Bennetts and Auntie Carole are the only ones.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Insurance AGAIN!

Post by weeksy »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:05 pm I don't do talking to real people.
Amen.... if it can't be done online i'm not interested :) not just insurance, anything !!!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:05 pm poor from buying presents and shit
Not me, I dun good at skool.
Or I dont succumb to the pressure to buy mountains of unwanted shit, one or t'other
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

I abhor the "talk to us we make it personal" rubbish. Being deaf I don't want to use a phone and I do want to be able to use online chat or email to ensure my needs are met. Bennets won my custom because I could get it sorted out via online chat/email/online.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

The Bennetts website worked great for me too. Just add the bikes and job done. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Yeah my car tax, MOT and service are due end of Dec or by 13 Jan. And the insurance (car) is due end of Jan. Bad timing.

Then my bike insurance is due in Feb.

Good that you get classic insurance now. I was telling my Dad he missed out on using that for his Fazer 6 this year as it now qualifies.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Does classic insurance allow NCB build up. I'm sure it didn't at one time, many winters ago.
Yamaha rocket 3
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

My FJ quote for my 95 cbr 900 hasn’t changed much (around 130 fully comp with recovery)
The insurance for my NC 750 is all over the place and I went with previous quote which went up a little bit because I couldn’t handle a morning on the blower .
FJ are pretty good .
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Only thing I noticed about the FJ quote online, You have to pick either SDP or Business Use, there's no SDP and Commuting option.

When I tried the business option it refused to quote.
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

I'm finding it annoying that some insurers don't have away to do multi-bike quotes online and you have to ring them. I don't do talking to real people.
The worst ones are the ones that get you to phone them & proceed to quote you just as much for a multi bike policy as you've already told them it would cost you for separate policies - Bmoto :angry-cussingblack:
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Dickyboy wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:54 pm
The worst ones are the ones that get you to phone them & proceed to quote you just as much for a multi bike policy as you've already told them it would cost you for separate policies - Bmoto :angry-cussingblack:
Not as bad as the ones that quote you but ask you to call to provide "additional information to confirm the quote" and then after you've spent thirty minutes as they ask the same questions and you repeat all the info you already provided online, go on to tell you that the real figure is about five times the initial quote - I'm sure that they just hope you'll get so frustrated with the procedure you'll roll over and pay up.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Just called Hastings to cancel the auto renewal.

They 'requoted' the renewal from £283 down to £216, which is near as damnit the FJ price.

Why the fuck can't they just quote the cheapest price to start with and save me time and all that fucking around.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:36 pm Just called Hastings to cancel the auto renewal.

They 'requoted' the renewal from £283 down to £216, which is near as damnit the FJ price.

Why the fuck can't they just quote the cheapest price to start with and save me time and all that fucking around.
Same thing with the RAC. Been with them since the year dot when an RAC chap 'recruited' me at a motorway services by explaining that they were perfectly happy dealing with bikes. Got the much increased renewal quote (during a pandemic year of about 2k miles travel, tops :roll: ), went onto the AA site and got a much reduced quote. Phoned the RAC to stop the renewal.

They beat the AA price and chucked in 3 months free. I suppose I should be pleased but, like you, I felt they were trying to take the customer for a complete mug in the first place.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

They got the bullet down to £90 from £124 (last year I paid £88).

I reckon I can still get that cheaper.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Quidco Compare...

Swinton come up at £75, plus £23 back from Quidco :)