Ducati Hypermotard 950

Anything you like about motorbikes
wull

Ducati Hypermotard 950

Post by wull »

Anyone on here got one?

Seriously considering one of these, took a fancy to one when the 950 was launched at the tail end of 2018 and watched the usual reviews in 2019, especially 44t’s review.

The wife says I’m a twat but her opinion doesn’t count, I like it, I think it would suit my needs perfectly especially with what I’d use it for, the occasional commute etc and it’s a lot cheaper than the other bikes I fancy.

Not overly fussed about the SP model, there’s a non SP that I have my eye on that has the DQS fitted which is all I’d miss with the non SP but the previous owner obviously had it fitted.

MingtheMerciless

Re: Ducati Hypermotard 950

Post by MingtheMerciless »

A quick google shows that there maybe a stalling issue that worsens with age possible linked to tank deterioration and subsequent deposits in the throttle bodies.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
wull

Post by wull »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:39 am A quick google shows that there maybe a stalling issue that worsens with age possible linked to tank deterioration and subsequent deposits in the throttle bodies.
Yeah seen that. A lot of it seems to be in the states as oppose to here.
Potter

Post by Potter »

It's another of those bikes that I like the sound of but can never pull the trigger on one. I had a go and ended up wondering what it was for, it's not a SM, it has some of the characteristics of one, including discomfort but it's not one, and it's not quite a road bike either.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I've looked at them and came to the same conclusion as Potter, it's too heavy for a Supermoto, and too uncomfortable for a road bike.
Honda Owner
dern

Post by dern »

Looks great, a right laugh. If it's anything like my ktm 950sm in spirit, you'll have loads of fun on it but you won't want to be on it for more than a couple of hours.