Lazarus thread - drinking and listening

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Lazarus thread - drinking and listening

Post by gremlin »

Do we have such a thread? Sat in your favourite chair, tipple in hand....Watcha got?

I'm sat here at Chex Gremlin, amaro in hand listening to Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell. There's a sing writer at the top of their game, real emotion and life coming through in the lyrics.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Lazarus thread - drinking and listening

Post by weeksy »

We dont.. but we certainly can :)

Me, i don't really do the listening to music thing. It's background noise when i'm either riding MTB indoors or spannering on bikes of either type. I listen to Solar Radio online.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cut my drinking by about 90% to lose weight, but you're in luck as I shall be on the sauce and talking bollocks tonight! :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 am Cut my drinking by about 90% to lose weight, but you're in luck as I shall be on the sauce and talking bollocks tonight! :thumbup:
Will there be an edited highlights program ?
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

NME1 on the internet is not bad ...
Mr Nozzle

Post by Mr Nozzle »

I like nothing more than sitting on my Chesterfield in the man cave, drinking, smoking Cubans and listening to music.
Currently listening to Sleaford Mods, Billy no Mates, Moritz Von Oswold, Basic Channel etc.
8-)
Last edited by Mr Nozzle on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Occasional Spotify when working. Currently soundtrack from the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I have music on all day. Usually Planet Rock, but sometimes my Spotify selection.

On morning walk I have my nice Sony headphones on as they're noise cancelling.
If I'm walking into town at night, I wear the little Huaweii ear buds as I can slip them into my pocket at the bar.
In the house I use my nice Marshall speaker.
By the pool I use the Wonder Ears thingy.
Even got a nice speakers in the garage.
Whenever I'm working around the villa or garden, back to the Sony headphones.

That's most of the day :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Taipan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 am Cut my drinking by about 90% to lose weight, but you're in luck as I shall be on the sauce and talking bollocks tonight! :thumbup:
I don't need drink to talk bollocks, I'm naturally full of crap.

Don't drink much these days so I can skip that part, music wise, I mostly listen to my play list on YouTube music, sort of ZZ Top, George Thorogood blues vibe going on currently
Honda Owner
cheb

Post by cheb »

I rarely listen to music in the house but it'll playing if I'm driving or in the workshop or shed.

It'll be an mp3 player set to random, and should have more music added to it than it gets IYSWIM.
G.P

Post by G.P »

I like to bring a bottle of Red into the study and put on either Spotify or YT. have started to get back into vinyl but my cheapo turntable has shit itself. Once we have moved I@m going old school with a proper deck and old NAD Amp.
Currently listening to a lot of American bluesy stuff; Christone "kingFish" Ingram, Alistair Greene and Tab Benoit. Also having Carter USM revival too :banana-dance:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Planet rock, Union Jack rock or Absolute classic rock. I’ve even reprogrammed all the company cars at work to those 3 channels. Some bugger keeps finding talk sport, which is awful. Sadly I can’t drink on duty, so they tell me, but at home, in the car or on the bike it’s as above.
Today on my ride to the girlfriends I was happily having a seat dance to Freebird at the traffic lights when a girl behind started laughing and joined in dancing. I think she had radio 2 on though!!
Now chilling with a bottle or two of vino at the gf’s after a chilly but great fun 50 mile ride, brilliant.
By the way, Mr Guy Fawkes has a statue in Dunchurch, just up the road from me in Braunston, it gets dressed in appropriate clothing for the celebration of the day. Today he is, unsurprisingly, dressed as Guy Fawkes.
Have a happy bonfire day all.
Mick.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Being a cultured, artistic soul, I do like a bit of classical. Max Richter is a bit of a geezer in that respect. Knows his way around a piano and other wooden instruments with strings and shit:

Nice to have something in the background that isn't distracting when you work.

The drinking during the day is restricted to a cup of lemon and ginger tea unfortunately.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Joe Jackson features heavily on my playlist. Rarely the same music twice, every album he does is different.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

G.P wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:07 pm I like to bring a bottle of Red into the study and put on either Spotify or YT. have started to get back into vinyl but my cheapo turntable has shit itself. Once we have moved I@m going old school with a proper deck and old NAD Amp.
Currently listening to a lot of American bluesy stuff; Christone "kingFish" Ingram, Alistair Greene and Tab Benoit. Also having Carter USM revival too :banana-dance:
Good to see you back posting again GP. :thumbup: You've been notably quiet of late...
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:43 pm
G.P wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:07 pm I like to bring a bottle of Red into the study and put on either Spotify or YT. have started to get back into vinyl but my cheapo turntable has shit itself. Once we have moved I@m going old school with a proper deck and old NAD Amp.
Good to see you back posting again GP. :thumbup: You've been notably quiet of late...
You after a shag or summat?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:50 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Lol, I was thinking Geeps had been quiet lately and someone else, whose monikor I've now forgotten and wtf happened to Korks?
Horse

Post by Horse »

G.P wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:07 pm have started to get back into vinyl but my cheapo turntable has shit itself. Once we have moved I@m going old school with a proper deck and old NAD Amp.
Last summer, while Foal was here, we dragged this down from the loft (along with speakers the size of coffee tables). Foal has a growing vinyl collection, new and classics.
20211105_165913.jpg
20211105_165913.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 329 times
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:50 pm
I wasn't, but you talked me into it, you smooth talking bastard. :wub:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:45 pm
I don't need drink to talk bollocks, I'm naturally full of crap.

Don't drink much these days so I can skip that part, music wise, I mostly listen to my play list on YouTube music, sort of ZZ Top, George Thorogood blues vibe going on currently
Longtime ZZ Top fan here but the early stuff. ZZ Tops first album, Rio Grande Mud and Tres Hombres being the go to albums for me.
Just got Paid, Sheik, Tush, Whisky Mama, Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings, Ten Dollar Man and Asleep In The Desert to round it off type stuff over the Eliminator album anyday.

Oh and as I forgot the main point of this thread, erm.. my daughters brought some gin over and we're partaking in Hibiscus and something else I cant remamber right now G&Ts.