Givi tank lock bags...........a silly question

Anything you like about motorbikes
Demannu

Givi tank lock bags...........a silly question

Post by Demannu »

Do they come with Male bit of the fixing, so you just have to buy the specific clamping ring, or do you have to buy both bits?
Asking for a friend
He might also want to know about R&G heated grips as well!
KungFooBob

Re: Givi tank lock bags...........a silly question

Post by KungFooBob »

I fitted some R&G heated grips to the KRS last week. IMHO they cheaper than the Oxfords, they get a lot hotter than the Oxfords and by all accounts are often more reliable. They're not as premium looking as the Oxfords.

The Givi tank bags that mount on the fuel cap all have the same fitting on the bottom, you just buy a 'ring' suitable for your bike.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Ye, make sure to get right one for year. I've got this one in garage.

Yamaha rocket 3
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

'Flangia di montaggio specifica' - I love it when the Italians talk dirty. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

Demannu wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:01 pm Do they come with Male bit of the fixing, so you just have to buy the specific clamping ring, or do you have to buy both bits?
IME, the Hepco & Becker TankRing system trumps Givi’s TankLock. Were you to go the Hepco & Becker route – and I highly recommend it – you need their bike-specific TankRing. It’s better built, less hassle and more secure than the Givi system.

Givi tank bags (like my old one) come with a strap to go around the headstock in case the TankLock comes loose. And mine came loose once, leaving the tank bag dangling by the strap at motorway speed. Not so Hepco & Becker. There's zero chance of the H&B TankRing coming loose (it's rock solid), yet quick and easy to put the tankbag on and off.
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Hot_Air wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:16 pm IME, the Hepco & Becker TankRing system trumps Givi’s TankLock. Were you to go the Hepco & Becker route – and I highly recommend it – you need their bike-specific TankRing. It’s better built, less hassle and more secure than the Givi system.

Givi tank bags (like my old one) come with a strap to go around the headstock in case the TankLock comes loose. And mine came loose once, leaving the tank bag dangling by the strap at motorway speed. Not so Hepco & Becker. There's zero chance of the H&B TankRing coming loose (it's rock solid), yet quick and easy to put the tankbag on and off.
I use a carabiner which clips thru one of those adloop advertising thingies that is attached to the key. Once the key is turned, the tank bag won't blow away. I had one take off on a v windy day when a big truck came past at speed. The extra wash got under the magnetic base and the thing flew over my shoulder. Fortunately the rider behind me stopped and retrieved it before it got run over, and it wasn't carrying anything fragile at the time.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
ninja

Post by ninja »

You just need the bike specific tank ring.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I've got different size givi tankbags that lock to ring. Never used a strap.
Yamaha rocket 3