May have sold the Triple and getting a MT07

Anything you like about motorbikes
formula400

May have sold the Triple and getting a MT07

Post by formula400 »

I have had the street triple up for sale for a few week’s and had someone put in a offer, I accepted it,I am going to put a fresh MOT on it in the morning as it runs out in 2 weeks, hopefully he comes and takes it away.
Basically I need something that I don’t mind using quite a bit for commuting, I find the triple is to wide and I like it to much and would hate to see it run into the ground. So I thought an MT07 would be fun, smaller, lighter, and it’s meant to be quite fun. I rode one a few years ago and liked it. (Was looking at the KTM 390’s) but feel they are quite tasty and draw attention being in a parking bay all day.

Found a nice one in Wigan, 200 miles from me 😂😂😂
He’s accepted an offer of £4300, it’s got 4k miles, 2 service stamps, 1 owner and the akro. Being cautious though as the husky I bought blind was a dog. He is sending me pictures tomorrow as Facebook does not seem to enlarge the pictures very well.

Quite excited.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Horse

Re: May have sold the Triple and getting a MT07

Post by Horse »

Hope it works out (x2)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I must admit as a real world thrasher bike, the MT07/XSR700 seem right up there in terms of practicality and value for money.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Yeah they get great write ups, quite cheap, also people complain about the suspension but that seems to be improved with a replacement. Other than that it’s god to go.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

If if falls through and you are still having the KTM 390 itch i know of an immaculate KTM 390 going for about 3500 with lots of extras included .....4300 miles on the clock

Its also miles away from you near York but i know the seller very well and its been well looked after
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Nice one. Hope it works out okay. I love all the MTs, best range of bikes out there imo! Stick a piccie up!
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Nice Spanish bloke come over, looked it over, filled out the paper took, I gave him all the bits I had for it, he paid and then buggered off.

currently only have the grom :banana-wrench:

Bigyin wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:13 pm If if falls through and you are still having the KTM 390 itch i know of an immaculate KTM 390 going for about 3500 with lots of extras included .....4300 miles on the clock

Its also miles away from you near York but i know the seller very well and its been well looked after
Cheers, I like the idea of one but not right now, can see something like that getting nicked quite easily. plus the parking bays are quite unkind, people don't care when they ram bikes in.

Taipan wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:15 pm Nice one. Hope it works out okay. I love all the MTs, best range of bikes out there imo! Stick a piccie up!

ill post a pic if I get it, pretty much there, all its missing is a tail tidy, plus its cheap so leaves me enough to get a K-tech rear shock fitted for it. its the grey with the yellow wheels, I wanted an all black one, but for the price and milage I think its silly to let it go.