weeksy
Site Admin

IT’S NOT A ZÜNDAPP, IT’S A HONDA CB550

Post by weeksy »

DefTrap

Re: IT’S NOT A ZÜNDAPP, IT’S A HONDA CB550

Post by DefTrap »

I like that.

The purists will hate it by why not make a better classic bike by getting rid of the really shit bits.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DefTrap wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am I like that.

The purists will hate it by why not make a better classic bike by getting rid of the really shit bits.
I'm not a purist in any way at all when it comes to classics, which is why i think this is brilliant.
A_morti

Post by A_morti »

DefTrap wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am why not make a better classic bike by getting rid of the really shit bits.
What, like the rear shocks, drum brakes, air filter, and turn signals? Well, they kind of did a good job.

That looks to have really horrible ergonomics, you wouldn't want to actually ride it. Or maybe they just slackened the bars and dropped them for the pictures?

Nah, this one's not for me.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

A_morti wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:11 am
What, like the rear shocks, drum brakes, air filter, and turn signals? Well, they kind of did a good job.

That looks to have really horrible ergonomics, you wouldn't want to actually ride it. Or maybe they just slackened the bars and dropped them for the pictures?
Well yeah but if you go too far down that route it's not going to work is it? I -would- probably opt for disc brakes, at least on the front. Turn signals I'm not that bothered about. I -would- have an air filter because unnecessary engine rebuilds are a pain.

Other than that yeah obviously there are some ergonomic compromises for the style of bike. A bit rich from you with your flipping monkey-bike fetish? ;)
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

DefTrap wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am I like that.

So why put one of Honda's worst motors in it, then?

Awful abomination.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
A_morti

Post by A_morti »

DefTrap wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:17 am Other than that yeah obviously there are some ergonomic compromises for the style of bike. A bit rich from you with your flipping monkey-bike fetish? ;)
Of course you're very tall so those bikes will seem ridiculous, but you'd be surprised how comfy they are for us midgets :thumbup: