Liv Embolden E+, the imperial star destroyer.

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
millemille

Re: Liv Embolden E+, the imperial star destroyer.

Post by millemille »

weeksy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:34 am
... we don't have that level of rock, mud or even elevation.
That, me duck, is what us locals call the "Gnar"...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

millemille wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:38 am
I enjoyed the gnar, I had fun in it, but that doesn't mean it exists within 2 hours driving of my house.
millemille

Post by millemille »

weeksy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:42 am
I enjoyed the gnar, I had fun in it, but that doesn't mean it exists within 2 hours driving of my house.
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Houses+f ... k+District
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

millemille wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:50 am

Lol get to fuck, it's full of people who won't eat food that ends with a vowel and won't eat fish because they hide in the sea, let's not even get into chicken and ham pie discussions
millemille

Post by millemille »

weeksy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:09 am
millemille wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:50 am

Lol get to fuck, it's full of people who won't eat food that ends with a vowel and won't eat fish because they hide in the sea, let's not even get into chicken and ham pie discussions
"Full of people". Listen, don't think @Couchy is typical of us all....
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

I suffer gnar withdrawal symptoms every time we come back from Dartmoor. Sarf Dahns sinewy singletrack loses its shine when compared to Dartmoor Granite and Slate.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Couchy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:26 am So did the ebike do it all for you ? Or did you get a work out like never before ? 🤣🤣
The ebike means you can ride stuff you'd never ride, sibin that context, sort of yes.
But yeah it was a proper workout. As with everything I think you'd get used to the efforts, intensity and lifting/moving.

The thing for me is, we don't have that level of rock, mud or even elevation. We've got byways, woods, trails. None of yesterday's ride were trails 🤣
To me it was a trail ride, when I say I don’t like rocks I mean the bits of the peaks that are more rocky than what we did. The stuff we did I love so maybe I do like rocks 🤣 It made my day that you enjoyed it and came away having had a hard physical day on an ebike and ended the day with arms like fag ash.
The fact I fell off laughing should show what a good laugh we all had too, I may fit tyres that work on mud and grass next time though as barrelling down a slope with the rear locked and still gaining speed isn’t ideal, luckily I had a front brake to stop me.....stop me by throwing me into the ground that is 😁
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Assuming I do bpw with the boys next month I certainly won't be running the tyres that are currently in the bike.
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

Couchy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:26 am Next one June 26th all ebikes welcome 👍
How far time and distance wise are you thinking? If we haven’t got the kids that weekend I might try to join in.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Beancounter wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:03 pm
Couchy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:26 am Next one June 26th all ebikes welcome 👍
How far time and distance wise are you thinking? If we haven’t got the kids that weekend I might try to join in.
Prob 4 hours with a stop and 20 miles, it’s hard work but fun
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Couple of weeks time we're off to BPW for the day on an Ebike adventure, the lads at the time were not feeling the Uplift so we've all booked ride up on Ebikes. Plan is for a few hours at FoD the day before as well....

So i'm debating whether to stick the 150mm Yari forks in the front end for the weekend, or whether it'll screw up the handling going from 130-150mm on the front end.... Hmmmmm. The forks in the Liv are fairly basic Suntours, but they're far from terrible... i think i had them a little stiff when out last weekend, but i can drop a bit of air.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

weeksy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:59 am Couple of weeks time we're off to BPW for the day on an Ebike adventure, the lads at the time were not feeling the Uplift so we've all booked ride up on Ebikes. Plan is for a few hours at FoD the day before as well....

So i'm debating whether to stick the 150mm Yari forks in the front end for the weekend, or whether it'll screw up the handling going from 130-150mm on the front end.... Hmmmmm. The forks in the Liv are fairly basic Suntours, but they're far from terrible... i think i had them a little stiff when out last weekend, but i can drop a bit of air.
I lifted my whyte from 150-170 and it’s superb so I’d say yeah go for it
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Couchy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:36 pm
weeksy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:59 am Couple of weeks time we're off to BPW for the day on an Ebike adventure, the lads at the time were not feeling the Uplift so we've all booked ride up on Ebikes. Plan is for a few hours at FoD the day before as well....

Can't see me bothering, mostly just planning on getting bpw out of the way so I can get back into my proper bike. Harsh as that sounds, I have less interest in riding it than you can imagine. But it's a trip with the boys, the riding doesn't really matter
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

weeksy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Can't see me bothering, mostly just planning on getting bpw out of the way so I can get back into my proper bike. Harsh as that sounds, I have less interest in riding it than you can imagine. But it's a trip with the boys, the riding doesn't really matter
It’s weird the bloke I saw last weekend had a superb if tiring time on the ebike, yet the bloke who writes online doesn’t seem to acknowledge that lol
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Couchy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:12 pm

It’s weird the bloke I saw last weekend had a superb if tiring time on the ebike, yet the bloke who writes online doesn’t seem to acknowledge that lol
I had a brilliant time, despite the bike and because of it too. But that doesn't mean it's a bike I want to ride. Nothing would please me more than the boys telling me they're taking manual bikes. I'm sure I'll have a blast, but every run down I'll be wishing I were riding the Bird.
Every ride up I'll be praising the Liv I admit.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

weeksy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:20 pm

I had a brilliant time, despite the bike and because of it too. But that doesn't mean it's a bike I want to ride. Nothing would please me more than the boys telling me they're taking manual bikes. I'm sure I'll have a blast, but every run down I'll be wishing I were riding the Bird.
Lol, which hotel you in on Sunday ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Couchy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:26 pm
weeksy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:20 pm

Lol, which hotel you in on Sunday ?
Some random b&b
matt

Post by matt »

So why post about changing forks , travel ,etc weeksy?
I'm with Couchie.
You're in denial.
How about trying a decent ebike that fits you properly and set it up with the detail you put into all your other mountain/ motor bikes.And then be honest with yourself!
I know loads of mountain bikers who in the past have sworn they won't ride an ebike until they have to, myself included, but they/we all have one now!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

matt wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:04 am So why post about changing forks , travel ,etc weeksy?
I'm with Couchie.
You're in denial.
How about trying a decent ebike that fits you properly and set it up with the detail you put into all your other mountain/ motor bikes.And then be honest with yourself!
I know loads of mountain bikers who in the past have sworn they won't ride an ebike until they have to, myself included, but they/we all have one now!
I don't have £6000 to throw at an ebike even if I wanted to.
The fork swap would be free, it'd only be for 1 day as they'd then go back in the Bird

Lol at being in denial.
matt

Post by matt »

Yes but up above you asked if people thought it a good idea for you to try the decent forks from your Whyte in the ebike to improve the ride ,and when someone said yes ,you replied with something along the lines of- I can't be bothered,I'd much rather be on a proper bike anyway.
You can rent decent ebikes at some of the trail centers and set them up to your liking to get a proper taste without spending £6000.
The cost of an ebike in most cases is crazy ( but so is the cost of a decent normal mountain bike) , especially at the moment. But in more normal times , the end of last June actually, I paid £2950 for my canyon in their sale and it is superb,but admittedly those deals aren't around at the moment.
I've put well over 1000 off road miles on it since while my mt09 has hardly turned a wheel so in that respect it's pretty good value for money.
There were quite a few non ebikes costing double what I paid for mine holding us up on decents yesterday.