Van7

Anything you like about motorbikes
KungFooBob

Van7

Post by KungFooBob »

https://van7.com/?lang=en

Quite clever that.

Not that anyone will buy it (not at £2k anyway). Club racers just sling the bike outside and sleep on the van floor.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Van7

Post by weeksy »

£2000 I could buy another van and convert it into a double bedroom
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Quite clever and keeps the space flexible.

Mine had a folding beds, which came down when bike came out.
Or single bed with bike inside.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Vans seem to have shot up in price recently so the two grand extra van might not be that good an option.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

I really, really like that. But unfortunately a standard VW T4 simply doesn't have the required height to allow a reasonable sized sleeping area with a bike (or two) stowed underneath. To plagiarise a famous line from a famous 70s film - 'We're gonna need a bigger van'...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I found there wasn't quite enough room in my low roof mk7 Transit to sleep on a piece of ply on top of two oil drums. Sleeping was OK, but if I rolled over my shoulder touched the roof.

That system looks good, but easily made tolerably for less than that.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I really like that, don't really have a use for it these days but would have given it serious thought 10 or so years ago
demographic wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:18 pm Vans seem to have shot up in price recently so the two grand extra van might not be that good an option.
Yup, they have indeed- have been thinking of replacing the trusty old LT recently, but it seems you either spend a couple of k to get an old shitter that is probably worse than what I've got or add £10k or more to it to get something reasonable, doesn't seem to be a lot inbetween
Potter

Post by Potter »

I used to string a hammock up in my van if it was raining outside. You can usually find some space that a hammock would fit in between bikes and stuff.
If it wasn't raining then I had a lightweight metal hammock stand that broke down into handy pieces and I'd sleep beside the van, that's what I did at Pembrey.

In fact I do that sometimes both here and in the UK, I put my hammock up in the garden and sleep outside, it's usually the best nights sleep I've had in ages out in the fresh air.