MCN : Husqvarna E-Pilen concept unveiled: Electric urban mobility with style

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

MCN : Husqvarna E-Pilen concept unveiled: Electric urban mobility with style

Post by weeksy »

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new ... n-concept/

Husqvarna have become the latest manufacturer to join the electric motorbike market with a new model concept called the E-Pilen. The bike has a 125-rivalling 10.7bhp and a range of 62 miles, putting it in the same urban mobility category as machines like the Super Soco TC Max.

Looks-wise, the E-Pilen would sit comfortably beside its petrol stablemates, the Svartpilen and Vitpilen models with the same angular "tank", five-spoke wheels, retro styling cues like the single round headlight and a chopped rear end.

Husqvarna have also said that they are keeping an open mind about constantly-evolving battery tech and as such the E-Pilen features a swappable battery that can simply be replaced with a fully charged item when needed

That would make sense given that parent company, KTM announced their commitment to a battery standardisation consortium with Honda, Piaggio and Yamaha at the start of 2021.

"It has always been the aim of Husqvarna Motorcycles to develop new products accessible to the broadest possible spectrum of riders," reads a statement from Husky. "The E-mobility range will retain and continue the riding pleasure and dynamics refined through the long history and experience of the brand. In support of the E-mobility initiative, Husqvarna Motorcycles will strategically expand its dealer presence in urban and metropolitan areas."

MCN will have full details of the new Husqvarna E-Pilen as they are released.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: MCN : Husqvarna E-Pilen concept unveiled: Electric urban mobility with style

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Do you want a 125 with a range of 62 miles?
Honda Owner
Supermofo

Re: MCN : Husqvarna E-Pilen concept unveiled: Electric urban mobility with style

Post by Supermofo »

I think we still need more progress before these become workable for a lot of people. In theory my commute is just under 60 miles, but I wouldn't wanna gamble on that range. I guess if I was guaranteed a charge at work I could. But then a Honda 125 would do shed loads of MPG be cheaper, faster, carry more and have a lot bigger fuel range. At the point that leccy gets closer then it'll be awesome. But doesn't seem like it yet.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I doubt many people are gonna commute 60 miles on what is effectively a 125 though.

If you live in London, New York, Paris etc. this makes more sense. They even pitch it as 'Urban Mobility'.

Our very own Morti, who lived first in Gibraltar and now Malta would be the ideal owner.