Doha MotoGP, Qatar: Joan Mir: Jack Miller clash 'super dangerous', 'intentional'

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Doha MotoGP, Qatar: Joan Mir: Jack Miller clash 'super dangerous', 'intentional'

Post by weeksy »

Joan Mir feels Jack Miller intentionally made contact during their scary clash in Sunday's Doha MotoGP; 'He moved his head like he saw me, [then] just came across and we almost crashed on the straight. It was super dangerous'

What happened with Jack in turn 10 is that it was the only place I could overtake. I took the right position. He decided to stay on the outside. He maintained his line. We touched a bit. I picked up the bike," Mir said.

"I understand it was a risky manoeuvre, but it was not over the limits. It was OK. Then I moved the leg to apologise because when something like this happened in a race I like to apologise, I like to avoid it.

"Then I was wide in the last corner. When I came wide, I saw jack. He moved his head like he saw me. I went to the kerb, on the outside of the line as much as I could. He just came across over me and we both touched. We almost crashed on the straight. It was super risky, super dangerous. That’s it."
Supermofo

Re: Doha MotoGP, Qatar: Joan Mir: Jack Miller clash 'super dangerous', 'intentional'

Post by Supermofo »

As I said in the other tread it was intentional IMO and he should have had a penalty. It's one thing to give it back with a hard pass after someone has done it to you, it's another to look to hit the other rider intentionally on the straight as payback. Miller took a different line, looked at Mir and essentially rammed him. I get why, but it's not right.
MrLongbeard

Re: Doha MotoGP, Qatar: Joan Mir: Jack Miller clash 'super dangerous', 'intentional'

Post by MrLongbeard »

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mmmmm where do we draw the line between rubbing and slamming ? it looks a little 'slammy' to me and deffo fairly 'bumpy'
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

weeksy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:31 am Mmmmm where do we draw the line between rubbing and slamming ? it looks a little 'slammy' to me and deffo fairly 'bumpy'
S'long as everyone stays upright and on their bike it's 'just' a 'racing incident' and let them get on with it.
Yes I know that's not how it is in the real world, and mores the pity, let them race and race hard.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MrLongbeard wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:37 am
weeksy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:31 am Mmmmm where do we draw the line between rubbing and slamming ? it looks a little 'slammy' to me and deffo fairly 'bumpy'
S'long as everyone stays upright and on their bike it's 'just' a 'racing incident' and let them get on with it.
Yes I know that's not how it is in the real world, and mores the pity, let them race and race hard.
It's not speedway here, we're talking 250+ bhp bikes.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

weeksy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 am It's not speedway here, we're talking 250+ bhp bikes.
With every safety feature known to man, anti wheelie, launch control, traction control, helmets, leather, armour, airbags, run offs, gravel traps, air barriers etc etc etc (unlike a speedway set up) where 90% of the time a rider will run back to a crashed bike in order to try and reenter the race.

Just let them race.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

I've told you a million time to stop exaggerating.
But then I favour BTCC and FIA WRX over F1 becaue there's a little argy bargy
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

If Miller's actions were deliberate, and I believe they were, he should be banned for the rest of the year, it was stupid and dangerous, and also unnecessary, if he felt Mir's overtake was too forceful he should have raised it after the race.
Honda Owner
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

MrLongbeard wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:27 am Image
Rubbing is racing and if Miller waited till turn 1 and shoved it up the inside and run Mir wide then fair enough. But to ride into him whilst both accelerating hard at probably 150mph and with Mir inches from the no grip astro turf. Nah that's just plain being a knob.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MrLongbeard wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:35 am I've told you a million time to stop exaggerating.
But then I favour BTCC and FIA WRX over F1 becaue there's a little argy bargy
May I assume you've never ridden at 150 on track. I have, a fair few times. You really don't want anybody nerfing you.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Miller was out of order, end of. Sanctions should have been applied and DORNA have bottled it.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Yorick wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:23 pm
May I assume you've never ridden at 150 on track. I have, a fair few times. You really don't want anybody nerfing you.
[/quote]

You may assume away old man, I've never even ridden on a track at any speed, I have ridden at 150 though.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

lostboy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:37 pm Miller was out of order, end of. Sanctions should have been applied and DORNA have bottled it.
It's not just DORNA.

Race Directions: FIM Grand Prix Race Direction:
1 – IRTA representative and Race Director:
2 – FIM Safety Officer & FIM Representative:
3 – Dorna Representative:
4 – Riders’ Representative:
fil2

Post by fil2 »

Mir was a race move ! fair and square ! Millers was revenge no need & intentional and way beyond rubbing is racing, when you consider he had the power on the straight to blast past that move was made out of frustration and anger...immature and dangerous ! his results were shit ! and he is frustrated...……...
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

fil2 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:14 am that move was made out of frustration and anger...immature and dangerous ! his results were shit ! and he is frustrated...……...
Despite the very pro Miller bias at BT Sport in Moto3 I thought he was a bit of a cock. Actually a lot of a cock. In recent years he's matured a lot and I think he's alright now but this move reminded me of his Moto3 self. He's was worst of the Ducati's and as you say it was frustration, but ramming someone isn't right.