Insurance Recommendations

Anything you like about motorbikes
Ditchfinder

Insurance Recommendations

Post by Ditchfinder »

So been with Bennetts for few years on a single bike policy - just because I'm lazy I haven't bothered changing.

This year I need to have to add another bike on so it's not just a straightforward renewal so I might as well have a shop around - who does good multi-bike policies ?
KungFooBob

Re: Insurance Recommendations

Post by KungFooBob »

Hastings do a two bike policy.

I took out a two bike and a single bike policy with them cheaper than three bikes on a multibike policy anywhere else.
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

If either of the bikes are 15yrs old try Footman james 👍
bevvo

Post by bevvo »

For just a couple of bikes, I find it cheaper and less hassle to run separate policies for each bike. Otherwise it can be a faff when you come to sell one bike and try to swap the policy over. Its also easier to do comparisions on single bike policies.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

bevvo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:17 pm For just a couple of bikes, I find it cheaper and less hassle to run separate policies for each bike. Otherwise it can be a faff when you come to sell one bike and try to swap the policy over. Its also easier to do comparisions on single bike policies.
I found that last year, however to caveat that, if all your no claims is earned on a single policy, you can only use that on one policy rather than both. One bike will have to be insured with no no claims.
bevvo

Post by bevvo »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:19 pm
bevvo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:17 pm For just a couple of bikes, I find it cheaper and less hassle to run separate policies for each bike. Otherwise it can be a faff when you come to sell one bike and try to swap the policy over. Its also easier to do comparisions on single bike policies.
I found that last year, however to caveat that, if all your no claims is earned on a single policy, you can only use that on one policy rather than both. One bike will have to be insured with no no claims.
True. But at my age it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. That said, I am now on 9 years and 5 years so it soon builds up.
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Now the Triumph is a 1994 and the Guzzi a 2007 - worth trying Footman James for that?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

bevvo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:52 pm
True. But at my age it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. That said, I am now on 9 years and 5 years so it soon builds up.
same here, i've got loads on one and 5 on my other now after MRs Weeksy stopped riding on the road but we still wanted to insure her bike for theft.
Numnut

Post by Numnut »

When I had a blade and a 690, I had both bikes on the same policy with Bemoto. I don't remember paying much extra to add the 690. The policy would've been around £200 ish, and I guess adding the 690 was about £30 or so.

Good thing about Bemoto is that if you change bikes a lot (like I've been doing the past 3 years), they don't charge any admin fees.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Bennetts online, just add the bikes, easy as. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

bevvo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:52 pm
My Ducati is insured fully comp and business use with max no claims (9+) .... My 20 year old Fazer 600 is insured TPFT and business use with 1 years No Claims.

Premium for each bike is about the same due to the difference in NCD despite one bike being worth 8 times the other one.

It isnt helped by there being a choice of about 2 or 3 insurers who actually will cover instructors
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I was with Brightside who quoted £316 renewal. Price comparison website had their renewal at £245, but Bennetts were under £200 with lower excesses and protected NCD . I rang Brightside to see what they could, to which they said they could add a further discount of £6 but that was all. :wtf: Hello Bennetts.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

genuine question here as mine is about to need renewing,

do you guys go fully comp or tpft???? I've had 1 accident that was my fault and on my own, I fell off so never claimed for it (scared it would of cost me more in insurance premiums going up)

I've currently got 6 years protected NCB, would a £3000 claim effect my premiums much do you think??

do you lot just choose the cheapest one out there??? I am currently with bennetts but the renewal is £130 more than last years
CBR650r :mrgreen: