Arai Tour x4

Riding tips, guides, safety gear, IAM, ROSPA and anything related to keeping riders alive longer !
IanB

Arai Tour x4

Post by IanB »

I want a lid for touring & also riding the mighty DT175MX down the occasional dusty lane. As the peak can be removed for road use or left on & the visor removed for use with some cool goggles the the x4 seems to cover both bases.

Anyone using one? Opinions good & bad welcomed.

Ta
KungFooBob

Re: Arai Tour x4

Post by KungFooBob »

I've got one.

It fits me well and has a quality feel. The peak doesn't seem to catch the wind even at a ton. The big wide visor opening makes normal lids feel claustrophobic.

I got it with a free dark visor. It takes a frikkin' age to swap visors.

If looks really gay without the peak on it.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Panigale.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I've got an X2, it's an Arai with a peak, that sums it up
Honda Owner
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

I am on my second Tour X4. Like it lots and comfortable. The peak helps me out as i gave that problem with my right eye so in bright sunlight i can use the peak to help keep glare away. I normally run a black visor on mine all the time because as KFB says its a pain in the arse to change with 4 screws needing removal and replacing although on the peak of the X4 they are now held and dont fall out and roll away into grass like they did on the X3. I carry a set of clear MX goggles in the topbox in case i get caught out later than expected in the dark. The venting works well and lets in lots of air in hot weather as its a large opening at the base

The peak will fold down onto the visor at about 135 mph :lol:

Mines fitted with Cardo Intercom kit and using the phone at 70 mph people dont realise i am on the bike.

Bad points are due to the large open base of the helmet it lets in lots of very cold air in winter, visor changing is crap but thats about it.

My first one was written off in the smash returning from Pembrey 2018. It took 3 different hits at 70-80 mph judging by the chunks missing and assorted scrape marks and i didnt even have a headache :thumbup:

And yeah, looks weird without a peak

wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

I’m on my second as well, will probably look for a third before long. Comfy, fairly quiet and just an allround quality lid.

As others have said, it would be nice if the visor was a fast swap or even an internal sun visor.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Another Tour X user here, now on my second. As others have said its visor is a faff to change but other than that it is a great helmet.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

I get around the cold air flow problem in winter by fitting a Foggy face mask as per today ;)