A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Count Steer

Re: A right now thread

Post by Count Steer »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:30 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:27 pm Just waiting for the world to fall out of my bottom. Just had the first dose of powder in preparation for the colonoscopy tmrw.

Last time they found something naughty so it's being chopped out tmrw.

I'm scared to death in all honesty.
Been there, in the UK its called Picolax. Horribly potent stuff, by the end I think my insides were polished and I was expelling water cleaner than when it went in (IBS investigations for me)

Qapla for tomorrow.
I guess it pretty much wipes out the good ol' gut bacteria too so lots of natural yogurt/probiotic stuff after is probably :thumbup: Did they make any suggestions for after?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Back home after the op.

When I came round I felt like I'd been kicked in the guts for hours.
Doc said it was just trapped wind.
Had loads of ops but this was worst recovery.

Wifey made me some scrambled egg with cheese as can only eat soft food. That improved things.

Doc says he got 99% of the polyps but part of one was flat so he'd have had to dig into the colon wall.
He's gonna have another look in November.

But 100% good news.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:34 pm When I came round I felt like I'd been kicked in the guts for hours.
Doc said it was just trapped wind.
For some ops they parp pump in parp CO2 parp ...
Yorick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:34 pm But 100% good news.
:thumbup:
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

At Rosslare harbour waiting to board the ferry to Bilbao. It's pissing down, very windy and Storm Kathleen is approaching. ☹️
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:15 pm At Rosslare harbour waiting to board the ferry to Bilbao. It's pissing down, very windy and Storm Kathleen is approaching. ☹️
Dibs on the mountainside Finca if it gets all Titanic out there! :thumbup:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:15 pm At Rosslare harbour waiting to board the ferry to Bilbao. It's pissing down, very windy and Storm Kathleen is approaching. ☹️
Did you get sorted with the dog?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

BBQing in a gale. :flame:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Felix wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:39 am
Yes. She's with my cousin who lives next door. She's loves my cousin and gets the same people who walk up and down the road to bark at, do happy days for the dog.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Going to recover an empty, new water butt that went walkabout on the patio last night, then it's boots on and a quick yomp in the countryside and a spot of lunch in the hills. Nice out there if still a bit blowy.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Pirahna wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:24 am
Felix wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:39 am
Yes. She's with my cousin who lives next door. She's loves my cousin and gets the same people who walk up and down the road to bark at, do happy days for the dog.
Ah that's excellent news. Glad it got worked out 👍
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Parked up near Chambery airport. Got another 35 mins till the plane lands and approx an hour for the clients to get through the scrum of Chambery airport ‘systems’!!!

Just saw 8 police motorbikes go towards the airport, so that’s interesting - when I drove in to try and park up, it was ridiculously busy with minibuses/taxis, so I’ve parked outside. Wonder why they need 8 police bikers added to the scrum! Oh, and there’s a police car at the turn off the roundabout to the airport. Not seen so many gendarmes around one area ever before!! 😬😬🤣🤣🤣
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Having lunch here, up in the hills. Best tapas on the island.
20240408_143545.jpg
20240408_143545.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 153 times
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

20240413_093643.jpg
20240413_093643.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 111 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:41 am 20240413_093643.jpg
Worse beach ever! :hmmm:

:obscene-birdiedoublered:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Noggin wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:13 am Parked up near Chambery airport. Got another 35 mins till the plane lands and approx an hour for the clients to get through the scrum of Chambery airport ‘systems’!!!
Back in my snowboarding days we once flew into Chambery,it's a mad descent for a passenger plane,the pilots were doing some aviating to get the plane down :D
The return flight was just as interesting,we were sat on the plane for a couple of hours in a blizzard,the ground crew were out spraying de icer all over the plane & I was thinking of the Munich air disaster :wtf: After a couple of hours they gave up,put us all on a coach with a customs bloke & drove to another airport,Lyons I think.
This morning I've just washed my Street Triple & new SV650 as they're both covered in crap from the roads around here.Now to go for a spin to get any water off them,then a polish when it starts raining again...The old SV is getting dusty,parked up for a while.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Stripping some skirting board and architraves off before the painter arrives at some point in the future to do the walls.

I'm naturally tall enough not to need steps to do it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

We have one of those Keter plastic sheds which is just the right size to fit a fridge and freezer in. Of course other crap gets lobbed in there too. My wife was just putting something in there and it occurred to me when i sell the CB1000R I could fit another shed in where the bike is. So I said t the wife as she was putting stuff in the shed, "when the bike goes i'll get another one in that corner". She barked back at me, "Another bloody bike! I thought it was too good to be true"!

So quick to judge... :lol:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:06 pm We have one of those Keter plastic sheds which is just the right size to fit a fridge and freezer in. Of course other crap gets lobbed in there too. My wife was just putting something in there and it occurred to me when i sell the CB1000R I could fit another shed in where the bike is. So I said t the wife as she was putting stuff in the shed, "when the bike goes i'll get another one in that corner". She barked back at me, "Another bloody bike! I thought it was too good to be true"!

So quick to judge... :lol:
Does the shed stay warm enough in winter for the fridge and freezer to work properly?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Feeling a bit emotional! (Not unusual at the mo, but a specific thing today!)

I went to a friend's BBQ at his cafe today after work. Got chatting to a guy that I've chatted to a few times in the interseason, mostly about bikes.

He started off telling me he'd been to Meribel yesterday and was really shocked that most people were English and hardly any of those spoke French. He couldn't understand moving to work in another country (even just for winter seasons) and not being able to at least use some French!!

We talked about travel and learning another language (he's travelled a bit and knows that even just learning a few basics makes people so much more friendly) and then he said -

"I have huge respect for you, you've learnt enough French to become bi-lingual* but it's not just that - you moved here alone, set up home alone, dealt with injuries and surgeries alone, learnt the language alone and are making friends without anyone with you to help. I think it's amazing and brilliant and have so much respect for you"

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What an awesome thing to say to someone. Ok, my life is yet again imploding (partly because I have no one to help me deal with stuff!), so his comment made me a bit emotional at the time and again now I'm sat thinking about it, but was really good to hear :) :)

*I'm not quite bi-lingual, but it's nice that he thinks I am! :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bustaspoke wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:19 am
Noggin wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:13 am Parked up near Chambery airport. Got another 35 mins till the plane lands and approx an hour for the clients to get through the scrum of Chambery airport ‘systems’!!!
Back in my snowboarding days we once flew into Chambery,it's a mad descent for a passenger plane,the pilots were doing some aviating to get the plane down :D
The return flight was just as interesting,we were sat on the plane for a couple of hours in a blizzard,the ground crew were out spraying de icer all over the plane & I was thinking of the Munich air disaster :wtf: After a couple of hours they gave up,put us all on a coach with a customs bloke & drove to another airport,Lyons I think.
This morning I've just washed my Street Triple & new SV650 as they're both covered in crap from the roads around here.Now to go for a spin to get any water off them,then a polish when it starts raining again...The old SV is getting dusty,parked up for a while.
TBF, I always recommend using any airport other than Chambery!! Ok, it's closest to resort, cheaper transfers and probably cheaper flights, but there is such a high probability of being diverted if someone sneezes heavily nearby that I'd not risk it!!!

Didn't know it was so 'interesting' to land there - but I've flown to/landed on Sark in a little yellow Aurigny a LONG time ago, so it really can't be worserer than that?!!!

Count Steer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:40 pm
Does the shed stay warm enough in winter for the fridge and freezer to work properly?
???? Do they need to be warm to work?? I see loads out on balconies here!!!