Lush.

Sounds like a crisp T500 Suzook.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Re: Kawasaki S3 twin

Post by Taipan »

Great video, thanks for posting it. The ride was soemrthing else. I just loved being "on board". The long overrun on the approach to the roundabout and then the crackle of the spannies as he fed the throttle had me back in the 80s riding with my mates. :P A RD,KH or GT something or other with apnnies is deffo in my future! 8-)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:35 am Great video, thanks for posting it. The ride was soemrthing else. I just loved being "on board". The long overrun on the approach to the roundabout and then the crackle of the spannies as he fed the throttle had me back in the 80s riding with my mates. :P A RD,KH or GT something or other with apnnies is deffo in my future! 8-)
When my 350LC became uncompetitive against the YPVS, I bought a full F2 system direct from Terry Beckett. Engine, Swarbrick pipes and 34mm Mickey Rooneys. He built it for somebody to the the Manx GP, but they pulled out.

The noise was awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And I won a fair few races on it ;)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:15 pm
Taipan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:35 am Great video, thanks for posting it. The ride was soemrthing else. I just loved being "on board". The long overrun on the approach to the roundabout and then the crackle of the spannies as he fed the throttle had me back in the 80s riding with my mates. :P A RD,KH or GT something or other with apnnies is deffo in my future! 8-)
When my 350LC became uncompetitive against the YPVS, I bought a full F2 system direct from Terry Beckett. Engine, Swarbrick pipes and 34mm Mickey Rooneys. He built it for somebody to the the Manx GP, but they pulled out.

Motobike wise, Spannies are the soundtrack to my youth! :D I remember fitting Allspeeds to my RD250e and was the envy of all my mates. They had less ground clearance but by fook they sounded lovely!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Motobike wise, Spannies are the soundtrack to my youth! :D I remember fitting Allspeeds to my RD250e and was the envy of all my mates. They had less ground clearance but by fook they sounded lovely!
I had 3 spannies on my Kettle. Sounded ace and saved 3 Cwt :mrgreen:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

The main reason I posted it was because I thought the engineering side of it was great - took two triples and made a four cylinder and made a twin out of the leftovers!

And so matter of fact about it. Blokes in sheds. :D
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Terry Beckett was our local tuner, my ypvs had some of his magic it was very fast while it lasted 🤣
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I had an air cooled Rd 250 crank done by Ron at FAHRON, the difference was night and day. Thing revved another 2k easily.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Couchy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:49 pm

Terry Beckett was our local tuner, my ypvs had some of his magic it was very fast while it lasted 🤣
Stan Stephens engines were slightly faster, but a bit less reliable. On the back of the piston, TB used to just gas flow the ports. SS used to chop the whole thing off, so the piston 'wobbled' in the bore slightly.