The new forum, what to expect. What you can ask for. What you may get.

Welcome to REVTOTHELIMIT. Your forum for all things MOTORBIKE. From Ducati to Yamaha, from Suzuki to KTM, from Dakar to WSB, MotoGP and BSB. Come in and talk motorbikes with us. We have racers, riders, trackdays, we have DAS instructors and coaches.
weeksy
Site Admin

The new forum, what to expect. What you can ask for. What you may get.

Post by weeksy »

Just as a bit of information really. This forum came about when the Admin over at www.therevcounter.com decided he'd had enough and was closing the forum. So revtothelimit was created and this is it in all it's glory (hopefully)

Below is a copy of my post from TRC:

I've chatted with the Boss and he's happy that over the coming weeks and months we'll migrate to a new forum.

The forum DNS name has been requested, paid for and sorted for 12 months.

The forum has been built in a basic format currently.

I've invited 20 users to the new forum, don't be offended if you're not in there yet, you all will be... well, if you want to be of course

As for the what/why etc. Well i grew into bikes via TRC when it was VD, it was what helped get me into certain parts of bikes, riding, trackdaying and racing.

Thanks to VD/TRC i've not only made some amazing friends, done some amazing things, but also met my wife (and of course our son followed) who they all said would last 2 weeks... It was 15 years since our first day just a couple of days ago.

I've made friends, i've lost friends in the way we all know hurts the most but amongst all of it, the forums were here... for me and for eachother.

What do I want from this new forum? Well, i want to bring back the great forums of yesteryear, where people meet up, ride, trackday, hit the pubs and cafes', bring back the friendships, the closeness and the banter we all know and love.

Can I ? Heck, that's the big question of course.. But i'm prepared to put in the effort to do so.

In the ideal world, i see the new place growing, with days, nights, and weekends meeting people, with merchandising, with a Youtube channel with reviews, guides, tips, riding, gear, and everything else associated.

What i can't do, is any of this without YOU... all of you.

I'll hang on a few more days before putting the URL out in the open as i need to test the registration, posting etc. This isn't exactly brain surgery but little niggles come up, today for example i had to 'approve' each and every post. Which i don't want... But i then find out that's only 'new users', but i can't actually find out when 'new' becomes 'normal'. So currently everyone can post straight away... Which will encourage spammers of course. So i may need some Admins who can help out with things like that. They can be standard users who'll get Moderator in their title, or they can be hidden users like the Mod Red, Green, Yellow we once had on here. That's down to you and you alone.

So, give me a little while more, it will to an extent be decided by the Wise one, this is his toy and i won't step on his toes... but be assured, there is a place, is a home and the VD/TRC spirit isn't yet gone.

TO all of the people on here, firstly i want to say thanks to many of you for the offer of funding. How long this site will remain 100% free to all, i cannot yet say, it may be days, it may be weeks, i really don't know. I've chosen the lowest pricing for the forum hosting and the DNS, but if the site grows then this will obviously need to be upgraded throughout whatever levels they have available to me. How much that will cost, i have no idea guys.. it could be pennies, could be loads... I'll just have to play things by ear. I'm a decent IT nerd, but i'm fairly new to forums from a creation and Admin context. Although i've owned and adminstered one before and i'm also a Moderator on others.

So for now, welcome, that's all i need to say.