Group training?

Riding tips, guides, safety gear, IAM, ROSPA and anything related to keeping riders alive longer !
G.P

Group training?

Post by G.P »

Is there anyone out there, (or is it actually a good idea) to get a one day session with an instructor who can do a refresher on the fundamentals for say 3 riders who are rusty returning motorcyclists.
They all took their tests in the late 70s / early 80's and have had intermittent spells of riding since. All have done a few K miles in the last year, mostly riding together without any issues or 'moments' but all are keen to improve.

Any pointers?

TIA
Horse

Re: Group training?

Post by Horse »

Simply, yes, doable.

3 is probably as big as you would want the group to be. Ad hoc stuff works 1:1 and 2:1, with 3 you might be better with some thought beforehand about what you [all] wanted to achieve.

For example, you might all be great at high speed hooning, but rubbish at slow speeds, or you might want general stuff on smoothness, cornering, etc.

So pick 3 points each.

Next, you need to find a suitable instructor ( &/or facilities) and discuss it with them.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
G.P

Post by G.P »

Yes, General stuff on smoothness, corning and lines etc. one of the 3 is far less experienced but the other 2, but they would see the fundamentals as a welcome refresher.

It would be rude of me not ask Spin in the first instance... :)
Horse

Post by Horse »

G.P wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 am It would be rude of me not ask Spin in the first instance... :)
:D

Whereabouts? He covers a fair area around NW London, and has done 'tours' further afield in the past.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
G.P

Post by G.P »

These guys are Wiltshire based but could easily rendezvous closer to NW London in Bucks..
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

G.P wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:27 am These guys are Wiltshire based but could easily rendezvous closer to NW London in Bucks..
Sounds do-able.

Do you want to drop me a line?
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
G.P

Post by G.P »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:50 pm
G.P wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:27 am These guys are Wiltshire based but could easily rendezvous closer to NW London in Bucks..
Sounds do-able.

Do you want to drop me a line?
Will do Spin, I need to catch up with one of the three, but should get something to you in the next few days.

Cheers