XSR900 BLipper ?

Dyno, tuning, track prep, modification, Woolich, bike servicing based in hungerford.
weeksy
Site Admin

XSR900 BLipper ?

Post by weeksy »

MAtt,

https://www.woolichracing.co.uk/product ... shing.aspx

So can you just get the blipper for £375 or do you need to add other packages/options before hand ?

Does it need configuring on the dyno ?
TBR_Matt

Re: XSR900 BLipper ?

Post by TBR_Matt »

Its 375 plus vat.. butnif you look at thensmall print in the race tools section on that page... it says you do also need a normal ecu interface package

We already have the hardware... so can do you the standard license at trade which is £86 and then the race tools on top

You "can" just then have the race tools software downloaded as it comes and you just install the shifter (very simple) but here's the thing.. the sensor uses the existing lambda sensor plug to communicate with the ecu, so the lambda needs disabling..
Shpuldnt matter too much, as the ecu will revert to its base mapping and ignore the closed circuit control the lambda normally provides... but your cat won't work as well.. in case emissions is something you are concerned about 😅

The quickshifter works well pretty much as is.. the blipper generally needs changing.. but perhaps on a bike with no other throttle mapping mods it may be ok.. so wouldnt count on it

Would be looking at approx £600 all in, including and hrs dyno time for setting it up - then in the future if you ever want the exhaust changed or whatever... we will already have a key for your ecu
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mmm thanks for the comprehensive write up, that's kinda why I asked as it's all a bit ambiguous. Do I need a blipper THAT much, hmmm I dunno. But I do like them.
crust

Post by crust »

You've already got one.

Its at the end of the dangly bit on your right side, the one thats working not the one in blue plastic :D :D :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

crust wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:07 am You've already got one.

Its at the end of the dangly bit on your right side, the one thats working not the one in blue plastic :D :D :D
Kinda yes. But that one is wonky and imprecise