Friday Fred 11/09/20

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
derek badger

Friday Fred 11/09/20

Post by derek badger »

What's going on then? First full week of my kids back at school so everyone is knackered. Great timing for a weekend of DIY. Painting the downstairs loo tonight, football training with the lad tomorrow, insulating the home office and replacing the felt roof Sunday and then cooking roast beef in the afternoon. Might change the carb in a petrol hedge gutter I picked up cheap and give the garden a spruce up if I have time.

What's the rest of the great RTTL great unwashed up to?
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Friday Fred 11/09/20

Post by weeksy »

As you can imagine, not a lot due to the broken hand. I SHOULD be out in a forest throwing myself down trails racing the crazy boy.

Fri : bit of work, not a lot else
Sat : Road based cycle with Crust, coffee, cake, beers. Out for an evening curry at a mates garden
Sun : not a lot..

Times are a bit crappy at the moment.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Working today, might have a quick MTB ride when I get home, Sunday collecting some ferret kits to add to the business and then a bit of tester pot painting. Sunday is 12Hrs OT at work.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
cheb

Post by cheb »

More footling about in the sheds. As ever.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

cheb wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:10 am More footling about in the sheds. As ever.
I was footling outside my sheds this week. Got some more racking and linbins but there's no space so they're living under a tarp now.

asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Going to Kempton tomorrow with a mate from work - he's not been before (he is a bit of a Yamaha DT collector ).
Getting back early as son is getting his new Guitar from Denmark street.
So money going out no matter what ....
Out for a meal in the evening.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Mostly keeping fingers crossed that the offer we’ve submitted for a house is accepted, and that the 7 link chain below us remains intact. I’m not particularly confident though...
Horse

Post by Horse »

Today is my final day of 6 weeks sick leave since the op - it's gone really quickly! Back at the desk (in the spare bedroom) on Monday, to see how my neck holds up to looking between screen and keyboard.

This evening could be first visit to the gym since March, although only to try the cross trainer or treadmill. No arm movement or machines until at least three months on and after a CT to check on the screws and bolts and bone fusing.

Foal back to Uni tomorrow for the start of year 3. I can't drive at the moment, so Filly will be converting her car into a van to carry all of his clobber. Will miss having him around, and his cooking.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Wife picks up her new car today, which she's decided to call Arnie. I might see if I can find a 'Get to the choppa' sticker for it.

Booking a table at the local chinese Saturday night.

Sunday I might let the wfie chauffeur me around a bit.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Horse wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:56 am Today is my final day of 6 weeks sick leave since the op
I wish i could say the same about my hand.... I'm 2 weeks in, 1 week in new plaster and i'm tempted to cut my arm off !
Horse

Post by Horse »

weeksy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 am
Horse wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:56 am Today is my final day of 6 weeks sick leave since the op
I wish i could say the same about my hand.... I'm 2 weeks in, 1 week in new plaster and i'm tempted to cut my arm off !
It'll pass quickly. Although, to be honest, I spent a fair bit of the first couple of weeks asleep.

If you can keep getting out and about, that should help mentally as well as physically.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Horse wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:07 am
weeksy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 am
It'll pass quickly. Although, to be honest, I spent a fair bit of the first couple of weeks asleep.

If you can keep getting out and about, that should help mentally as well as physically.
Doing plenty of that... but it's only helping so much.. there's getting out and getting out.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Although I'm not particularly an 'active' person, I can understand your frustration. Limits on lifting mean I can't even do things like take the dog for a walk or put the wheelie bin out.

It felt quite an achievement, after three or four weeks, just to go out and walk around the block for 1/4 hour. This last week I've been walking for half an hour each day. By contrast, in Feb I was doing an hour in the gym, three times a week. So, in a small way, that echoes your ride to the cafe Vs a day in Swinley or FoD frustration.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Today i'm getting my car cleaned and will put it up for sale to see if there is any buyers out there, but not particularly fussed either way.

Taking step Dad to hospital this afternoon and collecting him after his op to have a polyp removed. I'm going to get a season ticket for the car park and blue light for my car.I swear i visit the hospital more than some of the full time staff lately! :thumbdown:

Saturday i'm trying to fit in getting the wife's car's air-con topped up and buying a settee. We found a "as new" settee which matches our other one but the seller is very hard to pin down to a collection time. Says he is in and out with work and its hard to give a time. I'd not have bothered with such nonsense normally but I really want the settee and cant get one anywhere else! Ho Hum!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

WFH today, bang out 3Km on the Concept2, then off to the pub for my daughters 19th B-Day party.

Sat; crawl back home from the pub, nothing else planned, maybe get in a couple of hours on Warzone, mow the lawns, change the brakes on daughters Mini.

Sun; fire up the hog and ride over to Wales for a couple of hours. Image
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Tomorrow - cycling, garden tidying, having a look what's required for assembling the metal shed I've bought, working in the evening - a load of Firewall changes that have to be done out of hours
Sunday - driving to Wales to pay for and pick up the RD350YPVS I've bought
Honda Owner
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mrs. Gremlin's birthday tomorrow (only 5 days between us in age. Awww, bless!) so we have a bit of a lunch planned then out in the evening. Ironically, she didn't come out for my birthday on Monday as she felt sick. I woke up this morning with a splitting headache and I'm now feeling very, very nauseous. :thumbdown:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Is it possible to have illicit sex with your own wife?

Today is my last day of the job I've done longer than any other. It's also my last day working solely in carbon fibre. As of Monday it's all about high performance electric motors for me - which still involves carbon fibre. :D

Gettting a haircut in preparation tonight, then it's a nice easy weekend.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Working a split duty so not home till 7, had to turn down Sunday overtime because it's the Granddaughter's 1st birthday on Monday so taking her to the zoo on Sunday. Been commuting all week on the K12 as the missus' car lay down so she's using mine, the ST11 broke it's throttle cable and the 125 is in the shed.

So 125 will come out tomorrow, will spend a couple of hours cleaning the beemer, maybe try to start changing the ST cables and on top of all that the builders are in because the kitchen ceiling fell in last Saturday.
"Does this bus go to the Titanic?"

"No missus, It's a submarine you need....."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Rehab baby!!

Well, in rehab but no physio or anything else over the weekend. But I plan to MTFU and go talk French with other patients!!! Gotta improve somehow!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: