The journey from small guy to teenager...

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
millemille

Re: The journey from small guy to teenager...

Post by millemille »

You want to be careful at BPW, I hear there's going to be some proper dodgy characters there next Monday...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

millemille wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:35 am You want to be careful at BPW, I hear there's going to be some proper dodgy characters there next Monday...
LOL are you booked on then big lad ? Would be good to have someone to ride with as i won't be riding with my lad and his mate.
millemille

Post by millemille »

weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:38 am
millemille wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:35 am You want to be careful at BPW, I hear there's going to be some proper dodgy characters there next Monday...
LOL are you booked on then big lad ? Would be good to have someone to ride with as i won't be riding with my lad and his mate.
Me and @porter_jamie and a work related mate will be there. We're all e-bike wankers though...
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

I hope that has nothing to do with me say Fort William was a dump ! :-0

But when it is raining and there are midgies, it is!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Ah right.. i'm sure we'll bump into eachother (not literally) a time or two then.

I'm debating what bike to ride... I think mostly now the blue GT Fury is 'mine' and i'd be really curious to ride the DH bike... but i may save that for Antur Stiniog later in the week.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

millemille wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:45 am
weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:38 am
Me and @porter_jamie and a work related mate will be there. We're all e-bike wankers though...
One day I can get back to being a trainee E-Bike wanker
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:46 am I hope that has nothing to do with me say Fort William was a dump ! :-0

But when it is raining and there are midgies, it is!
We've been to FW mate and through Glencoe to get to FW. We did some searching on what we could do together as a family, there's water.. rocks... hills... that's about it really. In the rain, it appeals very little.
Anyway, the decision is done, the trip has been canned, so it's not important any more :D
millemille

Post by millemille »

weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:47 am Ah right.. i'm sure we'll bump into eachother (not literally) a time or two then.

I'm debating what bike to ride... I think mostly now the blue GT Fury is 'mine' and i'd be really curious to ride the DH bike... but i may save that for Antur Stiniog later in the week.
I believe we're looking at the black technical runs if that is of interest to you? I'll be pedalling up, but can't speak for the other...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

millemille wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:56 am
weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:47 am Ah right.. i'm sure we'll bump into eachother (not literally) a time or two then.

I believe we're looking at the black technical runs if that is of interest to you? I'll be pedalling up, but can't speak for the other...
There's a question matey.... Some of the blacks are somewhat outside of my comfort zone. I do have a desire to try and do Dai Hard this time... although the gap at the start and one of the drops does trouble me a bit :D so i'll be warming up on the techie reds and seeing how that all goes first.

If you're riding the rest of the black like 50 shades, you'll see the boy on there, he'll be spending a lot of time on there.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yesterday and today we're FoD. Today was 8 hours doing setup on suspension on Trek Session. By 2pm I'd have sworn 29/29 was the setup, but then after 2 bad runs on mullet he then got his best feeling run of the day and is torn now as to whether he stays mullet or 29/29.
It was interesting just how different the 2 setups actually were. The front was minimally different in both, but the rear changed a fair bit.
We went down 7psi on front, 11psi on the rear and lots of clicks different from how he's been running it until now.

Couple of days off now, well, sort of, off to South Wales for motorbike trackdays on Sat and Sun. Then back Sunday night to head to BPW Monday, then Barry's Siding on Wed with Katy and Friday is Dyfi with Katy too.

Let the crazy continue
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:12 pm Yesterday and today we're FoD. Today was 8 hours doing setup on suspension on Trek Session. By 2pm I'd have sworn 29/29 was the setup, but then after 2 bad runs on mullet he then got his best feeling run of the day and is torn now as to whether he stays mullet or 29/29.
It was interesting just how different the 2 setups actually were. The front was minimally different in both, but the rear changed a fair bit.
We went down 7psi on front, 11psi on the rear and lots of clicks different from how he's been running it until now.

Couple of days off now, well, sort of, off to South Wales for motorbike trackdays on Sat and Sun. Then back Sunday night to head to BPW Monday, then Barry's Siding on Wed with Katy and Friday is Dyfi with Katy too.

Let the crazy continue
Sounds like setup may be course dependent.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:20 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:12 pm Yesterday and today we're FoD. Today was 8 hours doing setup on suspension on Trek Session. By 2pm I'd have sworn 29/29 was the setup, but then after 2 bad runs on mullet he then got his best feeling run of the day and is torn now as to whether he stays mullet or 29/29.

Let the crazy continue
Sounds like setup may be course dependent.
That is completely possible yeah. Some like fort William may suit 29er better, some like Rheola may suit mullet better.

Most of the Pros stick with a wheel combo. It would also mean I then need 4 rears if he doesn't, which is slightly crazy
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

After the crazy of BPW on Monday, the boy was at Barry Siding with Katy.

Massively touching comment from her on Instagram, they really do seem to have lots of fun together out there.
I didn't ride as I was with Mrs Weeksy walking about but looked at quite a few trails. Ranging from slightly scary to exceptionally terrifying. I ride some, but for sure not all trails there.
Bit of lunch and then back home to prep the 2 DH bikes. We're off to Dyfi tomorrow afternoon for a play day with Katy on Friday. This is where my day went a bit wrong. I was planning on 10 mins then off out for a ride myself, but I noticed that the GT was creaky as hell. Investigation showed it was the main pi or bearings that were seized solid. Yes the really really fiddly ones behind the idler. Luckily they're an easy push out and press in and I've done enough now that it's a simple enough job for me. Once they were replaced I put the cranks back on and still wasn't happy with the rotation of them. I then noticed the NDS bearing was dead! Happily I had a spare, so that was in too.

The downside to all this was that I was now an hour in and my ride time had gone. So I washed the Privateer and got that ready for its next outing.

Just waiting for take away now which is being collected by the wife, then a couple of beers and decide if we're staying up in north Wales to do Antur Stiniog on Sat as well.

Taff

Post by Taff »

I saw her post on Facebook earlier, it's great to see him out and enjoying his riding 👏👏
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dyfi yesterday was epic for the boy. Lots of fun and as he was with Katy and her knowing all the locals/pros he got to meet and play with a few, being chased down Racetrack by Dan Atherton was a highlight for him. Clearing the ladtbig Step Up, but then seeing the height Dan gets, wow.
Was plenty of testing, wheel swapping etc but I'm honestly not sure we learned a lot in terms of preference for mullet or 29.

Session took me an hour to clean this morning while he's snoring in bed, tough life for some 😄😄

I'm off out riding for the day in a while, so he can finish it off when he gets up, well, once he's done his Instagram.

I also need to buy a new portable washer as my Mobi v15 died. I guess Worx Hydroshot is probably the answer, but the Titan copy of it looks good too and is cheaper of course.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Next weekend race at Tidworth has been cancelled, no idea why. But we've booked BPW instead for some race runs with team mate.
That does mean I won't see them all day, but I've roped a mate into coming too so I'll have someone to play with.
We're off to FoD today, he's out with team mate on uplift, I'm doing Dowie's and Shuttcastle with mates.

Little edit from last week, not the most exciting ever I admit

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »