What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Yesterday was amazing. We didn't go out on the bike, my knee was grumpy so I knew that even down the hairpins to the valley and back would be a challenge and we'd planned a trip up one of the cols I haven't done! But then when I met Phil for coffee, he wasn't feeling too great with a cold. So, we sat and drank a LOT of coffee, had a pain au chocolate (or, as he determined, a chocolatine!! :lol: ) and chatted. And chatted. And chatted!!

Then we came back to mine for a sausage and bacon baguette for lunch and sat in my place and talked all afternoon and drank gallons of tea!!! Talked about all sorts of things. Politics, mental stuff, people, lack of tolerance with people and soooooo much more! Weirdly, not that much about bikes. A bit, just not that much! LOL

Then, separate ways for all of about 30 mins and out for dinner and a beer at two of my favourite places.

I don't think I've talked with one person as much as I have this weekend (well, Friday and Saturday) and laughed, without feeling that I really needed to go for a walk alone in YEARS!!!

So, heading to work now but very chilled and happy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Noggin's got a boyfriend! :D
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I've been to watch club racing for the first time, more of a professional setup than I was expecting. Much more relaxed and nicer than BSB or WSB.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mussels wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:18 pm I've been to watch club racing for the first time, more of a professional setup than I was expecting. Much more relaxed and nicer than BSB or WSB.
Where's that? Don't recognise it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Drove to z Cornwall and am currently at the Jamaica Inn! 👍
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've been to Cleggy to play on the penny pushers.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:16 am Noggin's got a boyfriend! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly no!

First, I really don't fancy him! Can chat with him for HOURS but no fancying!!

Second - I do suspect his very lovely wife might get a smidge pissed off!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

This was the bike, sounds bloody AWESOME :wub:

Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Yorick wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:23 pm
Mussels wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:18 pm I've been to watch club racing for the first time, more of a professional setup than I was expecting. Much more relaxed and nicer than BSB or WSB.
I had never heard of it before, Darley Moor.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've raced at Darley a couple of times, as a competitor it has by far the worst amenities of any circuit. It's also a shit circuit to race on. It makes Three Sisters look posh.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:50 pm I've raced at Darley a couple of times, as a competitor it has by far the worst amenities of any circuit. It's also a shit circuit to race on. It makes Three Sisters look posh.
It did look very basic on Google maps, a triangular track in a field with a few portacabins.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mussels wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:42 pm
Yorick wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:23 pm
I had never heard of it before, Darley Moor.
Aha. Well known circuit, but never been :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:50 pm I've raced at Darley a couple of times, as a competitor it has by far the worst amenities of any circuit. It's also a shit circuit to race on. It makes Three Sisters look posh.
Three Sisters was always a well managed circuit, DM is a track in a field, I haven’t raced there since about 1990 and the track then was a bad mix of patchwork tarmac and as far as I remember there were only portaloos and temporary cabins.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Worked, turned off the railway for a troubled idiot at Pevensey who was staggering up the track at 0630 this morning carrying bottle of wine and waving two fingers at train drivers.

Got home, fiddled with E- bicycle but new part won't fit.

Transferred dog microchip to us after taking on a rescue last week.

Later will be taking new dog to vets along with another of our hounds who has developed an eye infection.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:33 am Worked, turned off the railway for a troubled idiot at Pevensey who was staggering up the track at 0630 this morning carrying bottle of wine and waving two fingers at train drivers.

Later will be taking new dog to vets along with another of our hounds who has developed an eye infection.
Why aren’t they allowed to just shoot people who wander onto railway lines?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:49 am
MingtheMerciless wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:33 am Worked, turned off the railway for a troubled idiot at Pevensey who was staggering up the track at 0630 this morning carrying bottle of wine and waving two fingers at train drivers.

They'd still need to turn the power off to recover the bodies. Rotting bodies on the railway lines would create even more complaints.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:49 am

Troubled souls and young kids I have no problem with, but the 20 year old scrote that effectively shut Brighton down including mainline, east and west coasts for nearly 2 hours on Saturday evening running up the track from Brighton to Clayton I have to agree with you.

and as for this lot........😡🤬
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bike park Wales :shifty:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Bought a washing machine for the lad and girlfriends first house. Fits in the mondeo nicely 👍 Keys on Friday. I remember it well. 🤔
Yamaha rocket 3
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today it's six years since I threw the TL1000s into the back of an Astra on the M32 and did my Superman impression (flying was fine, the landing was a bit shit!)

Since that day - two shoulder replacement ops (2017 & 2020), a head injury (2019 - week in hospital and quite a lot of residual issues for a couple of years!), broken leg which caused damage to the shoulder replacement after the 9 weeks on crutches (2022)!! Add a bit of what I'm told is PTSD, mental disaster area and menopause and it's been a properly challenging 6 years. (After all that, a failed business and Covid hardly register - although the business stuff is still in clear up stages, so causing some stress!)

It's a day that really means something to me. Mostly cos I'm still here (was probably a close run thing with the landing!!) but mainly because I do actually have a functioning shoulder, albeit I can't do star jumps, but WTF needs to do those!! LOL Biggest thing is that I CAN still ride a bike and do want to! Just need to find one that doesn't hurt my shoulder as much as the Monster :( Still plan to keep that though, cos she's gawguss!!! :wub: :wub:

And actually I'm really proud of how well the shoulder has dealt with the first properly physical job I've had since the accident! This evening was the first physio I've had on it in 3.5 months, so I've been mostly able to manage it for all that time :D

Anyway - as you were! :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Wanders off to eat dinner and crash out after a stupidly busy day!! :lol: :lol: :lol: