What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr Moofo

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Mr Moofo »

Mussels wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:52 pm
Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:26 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Apparently if your sitting outside the pub in Wilmington you can hear it all the way to Polegate (if the road is empty).😂
With an easterly wind, you can hear it in Shoreham
Shoreham is north of there, do you mean Shoreham-by-Sea?
Almost as bad as people saying Welling when they mean Welwyn Garden City.

[/bugbear]
Everyone here just calls it Shoreham - Shoreham Port, Shoreham Airport, Shoreham Beach etc
Whilst you are correct , the other Shoreham is in Kent.
Nobody cares about Kent
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:29 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:18 pm Finally got round to eating at the only high-rise hotel on the island.
Great view and salmon to die for

20230628_145859.jpg
I thought there was a limit on building height on Lanzarote?
There is and it's very strict.
But this was built before the law came into being.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Painted the principle bedroom.

I also attempted to paint the loft hatch, but the paint started to fook up :crazy:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Had a meeting with the Vampires at the Stab Lab...
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Did different walk this morning. Tried to be clever :roll: thought I'd walk uphill to start and walk down a 'gentle' piste to get back home.

Well. The slope that is really gentle when covered in snow and I'm skiing is very much Not gentle when walking :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to see, but so far the knee seems to have survived, so that's pretty positive :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:33 pm Had a meeting with the Vampires at the Stab Lab...
I deciphered that myself. No need for Google USA speak :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:47 pm I deciphered that myself. No need for Google USA speak :D
Been doing the get up, 3xS, eat breakfast.. oh fuck, not supposed to eat before seeing the Vampires" deal damn near every day since April..

Today I got up, peed, got dressed & went straight to the stab lab..

as for the rest of my day...Ford dealer called "come & get it"

ST is home, it feels like a new vehicle. Everything seems tauter.. now need to readjust back to having 400hp under my foot instead of the "ride on mower like" performance of the VW Atlas. On top of fitting half a new seat, new modem & new trans, it also got a new axle owing to a blown boot/seal

AND!! For the first time since the ST has lived here, the Ford Pass doodad works... ferinstance, I can now start the ST or check the tire pressure while sitting on the crapper or laying in bed etc.

Got most of the Sirius presets programmed back in.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:47 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:47 pm I deciphered that myself. No need for Google USA speak :D
Been doing the get up, 3xS, eat breakfast.. oh fuck, not supposed to eat before seeing the Vampires" deal damn near every day since April..

ST is home, it feels like a new vehicle. Everything seems tauter.. now need to readjust back to having 400hp under my foot instead of the "ride on mower like" performance of the VW Atlas. On top of fitting half a new seat, new modem & new trans, it also got a new axle owing to a blown boot/seal

AND!! For the first time since the ST has lived here, the Ford Pass doodad works... ferinstance, I can now start the ST or check the tire pressure while sitting on the crapper or laying in bed etc.

Normal service resumed :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

A couple of my friends arrived back in resort yesterday, so we met for coffee which was totally aces. Did some admin then went to help at my summer job

Job actually starts tomorrow, but I'm not working so I offered to help out. Only, the weather has been pants, Fabian speaks sooooo fast and damn, I've walked a bastard long way! Partly pushing scooters from the garage to the storage place we'll use in the summer but also walking back to the garage to get the electric scooters!! :lol: They are actually a bit of a hoot. Not so sure I'd be that happy on them on the mountain, but I might give it a go :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Rode back from my mums in Norwich - first time in a couple of years of any distance - Only complaint on the NC is the seat.
Other than that really enjoyable - great to ride outside London for a change
David

Post by David »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:47 pm

Penny's 06 honda has all that......she just says" check my levels and tyre pressures and start it for me" and it magically happens.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Missus and i had been chatting about our cars and she loves the Range Rover Evoque she currently has but sometimes the size of it makes it a pain in tight spaces and she is worried about clobbering something (she has lots of previous for this hence she never drives a car with a boot on it anymore)

She uses my 13 year old Audi TT as well but feels too low to the ground in it and again struggles with view due to this. She has been wanting something smaller for nipping about locally and because of this we were looking to change one of the cars. I wont get rid of the Range Rover as its the ideal car if we want to make long trips and also for when the grandkids are a little older. I barely use the TT as i spend most of my time on the bikes so it made sense to chop in the TT although its the lower value car by quite a bit.

She has been looking at Mini and Fiat 500 but i also like a bit of a fun car and something that gets on when you want it to,

We compromised and i have to say i am pleasantly surprised ;)

Abarth 595 which makes a lovely noise and if you keep the turbo spinning at decent revs flies along like a go kart on steroids :thumbup:

superb condition, immaculate inside and outside and surprisingly roomy for me at 6 foot 1 with enough room still in the back for 2 passengers unlike the TT

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:34 pm
Abarth 595 which makes a lovely noise and if you keep the turbo spinning at decent revs flies along like a go kart on steroids :thumbup:
It's a Yugo in a new dress...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Thought I'd share (word for word) the Explorer ST trans issue print out:
"Vehicle came in for harsh downshifts. Trans fluid leaking from vent, set trans proper trans fluid level & coolant. Test drove vehicle. Slipped forward & delayed 3rd, 5th, 6th 8th gears. On accel revs up, won't accel. Whines in reverse. Removed pan found fluid burnt, overheated pump & trans connectors discolored (got hot).
Removed trans, disassembled found clutches seized burnt hub, CDF drum sleeve dropped out, torque converter overheated, valve body scored bores, metallic & friction contamination. Performed smart cost cap recommended replacement. Ordered trans, replaced trans, flushed lines, installed solenoid ID strategies performed drive cycle test when complete."

TL/DR: It shit the bed..,

Wasn't even home for 24 fucking hours when a new issue popped up...

but this one is on the dealer, not Ford.
Dropped by AAA to renew the tags this afternoon.. Get told they can't renew the tags as there's a recall to replace the cats.

There's been an issue with some of then cracking the welds on the ends of the cats, but it's by no means all of them. Off to the local dealer.. "Ford are replacing all of them, even if they're fine"

AutoNation (Ford dealer where the ST came from) just had the ST for THREE fucking weeks & they didn't put the VIN into their computer system at any point??
Yes they fucking did, they just chose not to tell us about the recall. Had a real interesting talk with Ford Corporate.

So it's going to the local dealer to replace the perfectly fine cats in a week or so (3 or 4 hours in & out). Luckily the tags* aren't due until September & owing to the lack of corrosion here in the Mojave they can just unbolt the old ones & mount the new ones without resorting to Sawzall's etc

*road tax for you people back in Blighty
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Give me a Yugo in a dress any day.
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

@bigyin: yes, I like idea of the Abarth, but the killer for us would be 4 seats and 2 doors. We’ve got an Up GTi, which wouldn’t be quite as quick as the Fiat, but can still crack on fair, and is a practical 4 seater, little van when you want it and has now done 50k miles with us and no problems . It’s our only “car” now, and suits me and Mrs W well for our different needs.
wull

Post by wull »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:34 pm Missus and i had been chatting about our cars and she loves the Range Rover Evoque she currently has but sometimes the size of it makes it a pain in tight spaces and she is worried about clobbering something (she has lots of previous for this hence she never drives a car with a boot on it anymore)

She uses my 13 year old Audi TT as well but feels too low to the ground in it and again struggles with view due to this. She has been wanting something smaller for nipping about locally and because of this we were looking to change one of the cars. I wont get rid of the Range Rover as its the ideal car if we want to make long trips and also for when the grandkids are a little older. I barely use the TT as i spend most of my time on the bikes so it made sense to chop in the TT although its the lower value car by quite a bit.

She has been looking at Mini and Fiat 500 but i also like a bit of a fun car and something that gets on when you want it to,

We compromised and i have to say i am pleasantly surprised ;)

superb condition, immaculate inside and outside and surprisingly roomy for me at 6 foot 1 with enough room still in the back for 2 passengers unlike the TT

There is one that appears at my work every now and then and it does sound sweet.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Wossname wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:46 pm @bigyin: yes, I like idea of the Abarth, but the killer for us would be 4 seats and 2 doors. We’ve got an Up GTi, which wouldn’t be quite as quick as the Fiat, but can still crack on fair, and is a practical 4 seater, little van when you want it and has now done 50k miles with us and no problems . It’s our only “car” now, and suits me and Mrs W well for our different needs.
It’s mainly going to be used by the wife locally and me when I want to go somewhere and the bike/weather isn’t the best idea so I wanted some speed and handling. There is only the 2 of us so 2 door doesn’t matter and if we need to move anymore people or bigger items about we have the Evoque anyway.

Stuck it in sport mode earlier behind an Audi TTS and it stayed with him along a dual carriageway up to ……. a decent speed before he backed off and waved and pulled off up a slip road so it’s impressed me so far and roundabouts are silly fun as it sits so flat on cornering :mrgreen:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Removed condensation from mondeo headlight. Removed bulb access cover, hairdryer for 15 minutes, jobs a gooden. Hardest bit, getting the headlight back in place.

Stitched leather steering wheel cover to mondeo and looks pretty good.

Finished trimming a privet hedge down at the outlaws.

Beer shortly. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:24 pm A couple of my friends arrived back in resort yesterday, so we met for coffee which was totally aces. Did some admin then went to help at my summer job

Job actually starts tomorrow, but I'm not working so I offered to help out. Only, the weather has been pants, Fabian speaks sooooo fast and damn, I've walked a bastard long way! Partly pushing scooters from the garage to the storage place we'll use in the summer but also walking back to the garage to get the electric scooters!! :lol: They are actually a bit of a hoot. Not so sure I'd be that happy on them on the mountain, but I might give it a go :D :D

Forgot to mention - 'riding' the electric scooters was my first ever go using a thumb accelerator!! Very very weird!! Kept twisting the grip! :lol: :lol: :lol: