In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: In todays news...

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

One could be forgiven for thinking the reason we have a supreme court is to take an unbiased, unaligned view on how government policy stacks up against UK law. But maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

Willingness to just fuck all that off and keep your election promises is reason enough to boot someone IMO :lol:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Mussels wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:05 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-67312798
BBC wrote:Adam Johnson: Man arrested over ice hockey player's death bailed
About time, they will arrest half a village for cutting down a non-native tree but didn't bother when a hockey player with previous history of this dangerous move kills another player. Chatter from Yanks who understand the game a bit more than me say he makes that 'accidental' move a lot more than anyone else.

Maybe there weren't enough social media complaints to bother.

I haven't seen any mention, anywhere since Johnson's death of the player that has been arrested. I'm sure that fans will probably know who was involved but the media has been strangely silent.

Where does your info come from Mussels?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Well presumably everyone who was watching at the time saw who the other player was, even if its not in the headlines?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I was 2000 miles away so I'm not one of them.

I have to rely on news reports or internet gossip.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:16 pm One could be forgiven for thinking the reason we have a supreme court is to take an unbiased, unaligned view on how government policy stacks up against UK law. But maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

Willingness to just fuck all that off and keep your election promises is reason enough to boot someone IMO :lol:
I guess I agree, but who are the voters going to blame? The government who want to ship the economic migrants out of the UK, or the do-gooders who want to give them a yellow brick road into a council house somewhere near you soon?

I think this could make the majority double down and vote for someone even more right wing.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

:D

Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

They must be going down the lines of, he meant to hurt him but not kill him. ⛸
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Deterents are the only way to reduce crime, and we ain't got none. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I assumed there had been a collision on the ice, not a karate kick to the head area whilst wearing blades on your feet. A planned action...

Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:52 pm :D

At least they were thorough and polled some people twice :D
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:08 pm I assumed there had been a collision on the ice, not a karate kick to the head area whilst wearing blades on your feet. A planned action...

Me too. Thanks for posting the vid.

Certainly looks like a deliberate high kick and when you're wearing sharp edged skates . . .
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Yambo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:18 pm I haven't seen any mention, anywhere since Johnson's death of the player that has been arrested. I'm sure that fans will probably know who was involved but the media has been strangely silent.

Where does your info come from Mussels?
It was all over Twitter when it happened with people saying it was clearly deliberate, I thought it was something in the States to start with as there was nothing on the news here until yesterday when the Beeb said someone had been arrested for manslaughter.
Last edited by Mussels on Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:08 pm I assumed there had been a collision on the ice, not a karate kick to the head area whilst wearing blades on your feet. A planned action...
I wondered why he had been brought in for man slaughter.
Hard to tell (IMHO) from that vid if he is going for a kick or just going arse over elbow after being cut up / tripped by the other player, but it doesn't look good
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

If it hasn't been deleted off YouTube, it was suggested that he seems to have this exact
" accident " , far too often .
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Treadeager wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:35 pm If it hasn't been deleted off YouTube, it was suggested that he seems to have this exact
Yup. I read that too. Seems its his MO. :thumbdown:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I'd struggle to get my leg up that high. If it was me he'd collided with he'd have a nasty gash on the shin.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:52 pm :D

Interesting that in that poll, even if the conservatives gain every Reform UK vote they still wouldn't beat Labour.
Maybe if they'd realised that a few years ago we could have done without all that culture wars wank they've been playing with to get a small amout of extreme right votes.

Its embarrassing to watch them running about like an angry child.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:16 pm One could be forgiven for thinking the reason we have a supreme court is to take an unbiased, unaligned view on how government policy stacks up against UK law. But maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

TBF, I'm sure the Tory party have recent form for ignoring the law (recent as in the last few years, although I'm sure they've got more history than just the last few years!!!)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Fucking hell!!!! That's horrific - especially if it's not the first time he's done that :shock: :shock:

Treadeager wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:35 pm If it hasn't been deleted off YouTube, it was suggested that he seems to have this exact
I'm pretty sure that sports players at that level would find a way to adjust the leg position even in a fall - especially with blades on feet. Maybe the first time would be a surprise, but to have more than one like that, that's seriously dodgy :o :o :o
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

demographic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:17 pm
Interesting that in that poll, even if the conservatives gain every Reform UK vote they still wouldn't beat Labour.
Maybe if they'd realised that a few years ago we could have done without all that culture wars wank they've been playing with to get a small amout of extreme right votes.

Its embarrassing to watch them running about like an angry child.
I think there's less people on the far right than the conservatives imagine there is. Hence the result of that poll.