What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
wull

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by wull »

Away to see the Boss shortly, can’t wait.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

wull wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:30 pm Away to see the Boss shortly, can’t wait.
Bruce Springsteen ?
wull

Post by wull »

weeksy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:31 pm
Bruce Springsteen ?
Yeah man.
Skub

Post by Skub »

wull wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:46 pm
Bruce Springsteen ?
Yeah man.
Take a bicycle,because he was born to run. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Skub wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:54 pm

Bruce Springsteen ?
Yeah man.
And leave early cause the roads will be jammed.
wull

Post by wull »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:23 pm
Skub wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:54 pm

Yeah man.
And leave early cause the roads will be jammed.
Highways 👀
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Rode the Triumph to a pastoral visit. Then home to take the wife and dog for a walk, lunch, more work on my assignment and then walking with wife and woof again this evening. Just doing roast potatoes for my daughter, her favourite food. Compline at 9pm and then bed for me.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

An awesome evening of catching up with family. My brother called me to catch up. I called my SDad. Also called my nephew. Nice way to spend a few hours :D And chatting in English is cool :lol: Not often I am sad to be so far away, but I do miss these three and my niece the most.

The weirdest thing this weekend has been a LOT of contact with my mother :o We've not had a good relationship for many many years (well, actually, forever) but I do try and keep in touch. For various reasons hadn't succeeded the last few weeks and suddenly realised I'd not spoken to any family about the op and that no one speaks with her. As my bro is my emergency contact, I knew he'd find out if anything happened, so I dropped my mum an email late Thursday just to let her know. Kinda freaky when I got a lovely reply from her! We've exchanged emails all weekend which has really helped keep me positive :o - never thought I'd say that about an email conversation with my mum!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Music bingo in Uptown bar tonight - no, I didn't win. :cry:

A song came on called 'Peaches' . . .

Me: That's what Bob Geldof called his daughter isn't it.

M: Yeah, my brother embalmed her.

I guess you had to have been there but I'm still laughing.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Just spent a few minutes watching a SpaceX launch via Celestron binocs.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Woke up at stupid o'clock and did stuff in the apartment (basically trying to get rid of stuff!! So very hard for me to do!! LOL). Was still early so I thought I'd go for a walk. The distance I did yesterday (measured by my phone, so who knows how accurate it is!!) was 900m. So I thought I'll have a go at 1 - 1.5km, just to see how I feel. I was a lazy sod for the few weeks leading up to the op (tied myself in knots with stressing about it - stupid, but totally me :roll:) so am basically starting from the bottom of a fitness level - as in I don't have any. AND got a knee with holes in it :lol:

I thought I'd gauge it by walking about 500m to see where that is and then walk back.

Walked to the first easy point, nope. Then my mates dog saw me and came rushing over to say hi!! :lol: Stopped and chatted to her and my mate for a bit and said hi to another mate. Then walked a bit further. Got to 500m and looked at the view.

Turned round to come back and thought I'd go back via the (non) snow front to take some photos for my nephew. Stopped for a sit down - just as a cloud come over, so not a warm sit in the sun - and I'd done just 1.2kms.

So, ok, lets hit the 1.5km mark. The nurse is on her way up to check the scar/change the dressing so if there are any issues I can talk to here about it.

Did a bit more walking and got home at 1.9km!

Bloody annoyed with myself that I didn't check, could've done 2kms :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bblonde: :bblonde:

Good thing is that whilst a bit achy, there's no pain. I can go up stairs on the bad leg but not down yet - that's an improvement from yesterday. I also found my extra cold packs, so the freezer now has 2 large and 3 smaller in there as back up.

If it doesn't P down this afternoon, I'll probably head out again - hopefully the pharmacy will be open today to pick up the dressings :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Lefy Halesworth a dah early and came to our favourite place, Mersea Island! I shall now scoff seafood and drink icy cold Stella for the rest of the afternoon. It’s our anniversary so I’m golden today! 😁

Demannu

Post by Demannu »

A little fuzzy headed at the moment, took the dog for a walk on the scooter this am, we were chasing a tractor @ 30kmh when she decided 'I need a poo, now!' and stopped in 3 strides. I slowed to about 20kmh before the inevitable snap on the bars and I went to ground quite hard smacking the Noggin. Cue comedy cartoon lump on the back of the head. Been hanging around with Smixxy for too long!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Just catching up with an old (girl)friend. Apparently her partner of 25 years plus, husband for a fair 20 of those, father of their teenage son, has revealed he is, and always has been, attracted to TG women. Funny old world eh? Shame, I really like them both, but as a couple this is completely irreconcilable
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Discovered how little I remember of asp.net webforms, it's been ten years and I'm sure there something better by now, but it's starting to come back slowly.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Taipan wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:18 pm Lefy Halesworth a dah early and came to our favourite place, Mersea Island! I shall now scoff seafood and drink icy cold Stella for the rest of the afternoon. It’s our anniversary so I’m golden today! 😁

WTF were you doing in Halesworth, you must be the only tourist to have been there ever, it's alright, but I can't think of any reason to visit it.
Honda Owner
wull

Post by wull »

Played golf this morning as I had taken the day off, was knackered after the concert last night but played well, fired in a 73 with a few silly mistakes, 3 putts lost ball etc.

Caught up on last nights TT and looking forward to the coverage this evening.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:05 pm
Taipan wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:18 pm Lefy Halesworth a dah early and came to our favourite place, Mersea Island! I shall now scoff seafood and drink icy cold Stella for the rest of the afternoon. It’s our anniversary so I’m golden today! 😁

WTF were you doing in Halesworth, you must be the only tourist to have been there ever, it's alright, but I can't think of any reason to visit it.
Found it on a motorhome website. The Triple Plea pub has 11 touring pitches and it looked like nice little market town. We’d seen everything in ten minutes though, so we bailed on it!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Spare ZRX11 & ZX11 seats are going on a road trip to Victorville for custom rework...

cheb

Post by cheb »

Sifted through some more shed stuff and started making a chest of drawers with some spare high density cardboard and drawers that came form the usual source.