This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
cheb

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by cheb »

I reckon it was a <Nationality> trying to deflect attention away from England's football match.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

What a fucking circus of a country.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Maybe I've been watching the Mark Wahlberg film 'Shooter' too many times, but if the shooter had been a pro then we'd be writing Trump's obituary right now. The guy was an amateur who nearly got lucky.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Horse

Post by Horse »

The - obviously biased - media sources are reporting that the security team's rooftop location was higher than the shooter's. Also that people on the ground had seen him moving about.

BBC quote that:
"State voter records show that Crooks was a registered Republican, according to US media."

They also have an area image showing stage, security and shooter locations.

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I'm surprised just how much armed to the teeth security seemed to be on hand within seconds for a rally of someone who isn't even President.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:19 pm I'm surprised just how much armed to the teeth security seemed to be on hand within seconds for a rally of someone who isn't even President.
Once you've been the pres you get a SS detail assigned to you for life
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:05 pm Maybe I've been watching the Mark Wahlberg film 'Shooter' too many times, but if the shooter had been a pro then we'd be writing Trump's obituary right now. The guy was an amateur who nearly got lucky.
If you watch the moment Trump is hit, there are about 3-4 frames prior to the moment when Trump turns his head to the right and leans forwards. He was already slightly looking right but turned a little bit more and slightly bowed his head. That was enough for a dead centre head shot to miss by mere inches. It's a fucking miracle.

Bullet say 1,200m/s, so 1/10 second travel time assuming 120m. Trump moved 3-4 frames before the bullet struck. @30 fps that's also about 1/10th of a second.

Makes you wonder what the Biden administration will try next. I can think of some but, hey, wouldn't want to be labelled a conspiracy theorist now would I...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:48 pm Makes you wonder what the Biden administration will try next.
Are you serious, or just having a laugh?
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:19 pm I'm surprised just how much armed to the teeth security seemed to be on hand within seconds for a rally of someone who isn't even President.
They definitely looked the part for the post “shooting” photos allowing him to wave to his audience and taking their time getting him off the scene.

Small charge in his cap over his ear triggered as the shooter fired into the crowd near him and then a perfect photo op as he’s dragged off by the secret service.

Or it was some poor wacko and the usual human error/state incompetence allowing him to attempt an assassination.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Pantomime photo opportunity shaving cut or has he lost an ear?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

TBF he's still President Trump, even if he's not currently the president.

Obama, Dubya and Clinton also get secret service protection, they're just much less in need of it.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

This forum is already a little window into the next few months of US politics.

I'm just glad Merca isn't chock full of fucking idiots with access to lots of firearms :thumbup:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

CNN news anchor this morning:
"Politicians are saying there is no place for violence in politics. Is that true? is there no place for it?"

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:50 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:48 pm Makes you wonder what the Biden administration will try next.
Are you serious, or just having a laugh?
When I say "the Biden administration" I don't mean the walking dead Biden puppet, I mean the deep state: military industrial complex, big pharma, big tech, you know, the cabal of global corporate types who are actually administering the affairs of the USA.

I look at that map and note an eye witness account from someone who saw a gunman climbing up there, armed with a rifle, alerted the authorities and yet still the shooter managed to get one off - that tells me there is something fishy going on. If you study that map for a moment:

Ignore the "SHOOTER LOCATION", just look at that layout and think where would you want to set yourself up for a clear shot at Trump. Then if you have say 20 or 40 secret service agents, where would you station them to try and stop someone taking a pot shot. Is there any location that sort of stands out as somewhere REALLY FUCKING OBVIOUS!

Either the secret service are catastrophically incompetent or they were in on it. There's no middle ground here.

So I guess we have to assume these highly trained, highly practiced security agents just made a mistake. They couldn't see the obvious, ideal placement for an assassination attempt, didn't have any sort of communications structure in place to respond to the report of a gunman on the roof but were quick enough to find him and shoot him dead after he missed.

Would that have been one of (several?) sniper protection units deployed, err, on adjoining buildings. Why wasn't there one on the most obvious gun placement? Why wasn't there at least an agent in place to stop anyone from getting up there in the first place? If they could see him within seconds of the first shot, how did they not see him in the minutes he was in place prior to the failed attempt?

I am struggling to determine which option is more fantastic. It's no secret I was of the opinion "they" were going to try something to stop Trump up to and including assassination. I don't think people realise just how evil and corrupt the system has become in the USA now that it has been handed over to faceless corporate elitists. It's like the Wild West all over again.
Plato
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

If it was a set up you'd have thought they would use someone who could shoot! 120m is fuck all distance. Even in cadets we'd start at 300m and work out to 800 without scopes. And if it was the deep state, give him a Barrett and even if Trump wore a bullet proof vest it wouldn't have mattered and you could body shot the fat bugger!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

If Trump hadn't have turned his head to the right at that moment the bullet would have hit him in the side of his head & he'd have been DRT

As for ballistics.. shooter had a .223/5.56mm AR. *Proper* hunting rifle like a Remington 700 would have popped his skull like a balloon.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:35 pm Either the secret service are catastrophically incompetent or they were in on it. There's no middle ground here.

So I guess we have to assume these highly trained, highly practiced security agents just made a mistake. They couldn't see the obvious, ideal placement for an assassination attempt, didn't have any sort of communications structure in place to respond to the report of a gunman on the roof but were quick enough to find him and shoot him dead after he missed.
There's a few former politicians on the news this morning claiming that it's pure luck a bunch of the haven't been killed due to SS incompetence. Looks like some of the SS guys will be updating their CV's this week.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

The plot thickens:

Clearly one of Trumps own security detail has his weapon trained right on the shooter - this is in the seconds BEFORE the shot is taken.

AFTER Trump is shot, this same security agent takes the shooter out.

So what are we to make of this? Certainly looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
Plato
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:12 pmCertainly looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
It's not even a bird.