What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
636mick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by 636mick »

the_priest wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:40 am Have just Mowed the lawn. Will now shower and put on the clericals and go to sort out my duties for the wedding today. So much for the "day off", but it is a friends child getting married, so it is a pleasure to help. And I will take the Triumph as it takes up less parking space and allows me to have a bit of fun on the way. Will then collect a cat house I hope for not much money and then walk the hound in the park local to that area.
I have this vision of you in your clericals all billowing out behind you as you ride!! A skull helmet and those gloves with skeletal type bones on them would finish the image. I’m sure it’s just my imagination though.
Have a great day,
Mick
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Just bought €319 worth of 'will you stfu now!'
And changed the oil and filter in the van.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

636mick wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:35 am
the_priest wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:40 am Have just Mowed the lawn. Will now shower and put on the clericals and go to sort out my duties for the wedding today. So much for the "day off", but it is a friends child getting married, so it is a pleasure to help. And I will take the Triumph as it takes up less parking space and allows me to have a bit of fun on the way. Will then collect a cat house I hope for not much money and then walk the hound in the park local to that area.
I have this vision of you in your clericals all billowing out behind you as you ride!! A skull helmet and those gloves with skeletal type bones on them would finish the image. I’m sure it’s just my imagination though.
Have a great day,
Mick
Bit like ghost rider, but batting for the other team!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I drove a French friends car to the valley and he did some downhill mountain biking to get to the town to meet the car. We had coffee, pastys and chat. I met a few other friends whilst Francois did some shopping. Then we drove back up with the bike on the car :D

Same again tomorrow :D :D

He used to live in another resort that's probably worse to get down from in the interseason and he didn't have a car then, so he totally gets the isolation and need to get lifts. Downside is that his little Suzuki Jimny has a very heavy clutch, so I'm not sure I'll be able to drive it next week, but I'll work on that so I can drive it asap to have the same deal so I can go talk to other folks in June!! LOL :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Pool maintenance!

Stuck the cleaner in, dosed up with chemicals as was a little green. Decided to attempt a repair of the lamp (random 12v ac 500w lamp!) - major chore as had clearly leaked water wrecking majority of the internals, so on to Amazon and ordered an LED replacement from China! We'll see what the quality is like when the slow boat arrives.

Now off to pub for a bevvy or 2 plus some grub :thumbup:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

636mick wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:35 am
Have a great day,
Mick
I was in clerical collar, gold waistcoat with watch and fob chain across my chest, white helmet and short gloves. No robes as I was not presiding. Black jeans and shoes. Got a few looks in the way to the church and back home. Black bike as well!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Nice little Rideout to Andover Norton with brother and his mate.

We got there a little late, but still plenty of bikes about.

Spotted a scary thing: a ZXR400L with a F1 rotary ensconced within!

Also spotted probably the rarest thing I've seen for a while, there was a Silk tucked away in the the warehouse. I think I've only ever seen one other, and that was years ago.

Met the owner too, nice bloke, if germanic, (but definitely trained on UK warehouse vocabulary.....)

Good day out! (Sorry, no pics)
non quod, sed quomodo
Skub

Post by Skub »

Levelled 6 tree stumps to just below the ground the hard manual way using a drill and an axe.

I yam fookerated.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:21 pm Levelled 6 tree stumps to just below the ground the hard manual way using a drill and an axe.

I yam fookerated.
When we bought our last house in Thame, there was about 10 trees and big bushes.
Hired a big chain winch thingy and tied it to 2 trees and it pulled one out.
Kept going till 1 left.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Just walked our and dog and also daughters dog tbrough a bit of local woodland
Bluebells out in force and thought that later on in the year theres masses of honeysuckle making the place smell nice and then also there's an area where masses (well, mebbe a few hundred anyway) of wild orchids grow (can't remember which comes first, the honeysuckle or the wild orchids).
Just a nice walk though a quiet area.

Unfortunately like most of the country (especially in the south) the squirrels are greys nowadays but theres still the odd red about.
Maybe there would be more reds if gamekeepers hadn't wiped out so many fucking Pine Martins, Stoats and Goshawks which take squirrels in general but as greys spend more time on tbe ground they're simpler to catch.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Skub wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:21 pm Levelled 6 tree stumps to just below the ground the hard manual way using a drill and an axe.

I yam fookerated.
No stump grinders for hire in your area?
Skub

Post by Skub »

Felix wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:45 pm

I yam fookerated.
No stump grinders for hire in your area?
I'm a masochist at a loose end today. Sometimes I need protection from myself.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Felix

Post by Felix »

Skub wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:47 pm
I'm a masochist at a loose end today. Sometimes I need protection from myself.
I just drill holes in them and stick in Stump killer. Took down a few small trees for customers and always try and get them low enough to get a lawnmower over them as it tends to be me cutting the grass :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Squeeked out of Costco for a mere $92... Bought 4 items.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Just wandered up Guildford High Street to the sound of 100+ (at a guess) bikes. Sounds v fruity in a confined space between the buildings particularly as they set off down an alley that connects the High Street and a parallel, 'lesser high street'.
:thumbup:

It appears I just caught the start of a Gentleman's Ride. Some interesting bikes and quite a few riders in all the gear. Squillions of people taking pics and vids. Marv. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Rockburner wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:33 pm Nice little Rideout to Andover Norton with brother and his mate.

We got there a little late, but still plenty of bikes about.

Spotted a scary thing: a ZXR400L with a F1 rotary ensconced within!

Also spotted probably the rarest thing I've seen for a while, there was a Silk tucked away in the the warehouse. I think I've only ever seen one other, and that was years ago.

Met the owner too, nice bloke, if germanic, (but definitely trained on UK warehouse vocabulary.....)

Good day out! (Sorry, no pics)
Been a while since I've seen a Silk, I bet most people wouldn't know what it was.
Never fancied one much, but I'd love a Flying Squirrel.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.

Plenty of Doppelgangers but as far as I could tell mine was the only "real" Bonneville. Few older other models of Triumph though.

Plenty of people came over to talk about the bike. One old boy, and there's always IME, insisted on telling me all the things incorrect with the bike :lol:.

About 200 bikes all in I think.

I saw the same guy in hi viz with an SLR taking pics from the roadside several times, just need to figure out where the official pics page is now.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Jet washed the conservatory
Jet washed the patio
Jet washed the side path
Mowed font and rear lawns
Pulled the cover off the bbq, once I recovered my composure I cleaned it.
Scrubbed the garden table
Hoovered the house
Changed the cat litter
And now I'm sat in the sunshine with a cold beer waiting to fire up the bbq, which I hopefully won't catch some horrific illness from.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Woke up at some ridiculous hour which resulted in me being up & about at 5.20am FFS.

Taking the ZRX11 out for the first *proper* ride after the surgery 18 days ago. Forecast for later today may cause dampness.

Hopefully I can avoid the Clueless Hipster Ride if one happens in LA.

Edit: Bugger, there is one, but it looks like the ride will be in LA & not cluttering up the canyons.. Difficult to tell as the route is secret.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:11 pm
One old boy, and there's always IME, insisted on telling me all the things incorrect with the bike :lol:.
I can't wait for that to happen with the JAPton. :D

My Dad once saw this happen at a show: some know-it-all was berating the owner of an old BSA about its inauthenticity. The owner took great pleasure in telling him "Well, that's the way it was when i bought it new in 1956 and all I've done is ride it!" :D
non quod, sed quomodo