What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Bustaspoke

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Bustaspoke »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:40 pmAlmost
That brings back memories,I had that album about 1982,it was my only foray into ''Prog rock'',I must have swapped it for my usual stuff,Sabath,AC/DC,Quo or something along those lines.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Bustaspoke wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:54 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:40 pmAlmost
That brings back memories,I had that album about 1982,it was my only foray into ''Prog rock'',I must have swapped it for my usual stuff,Sabath,AC/DC,Quo or something along those lines.
I'm not a genesis fan or anything and I don't know any of the tracks on the album, but I love Turn it on again. The album cover is shown when you stream it, so I knew what it was as soon as I saw it.

I was hoping for Eric Clapton's August for a similar reason, I flippin' love his cover of Behind the mask
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:00 pm
I was hoping for Eric Clapton's August for a similar reason, I flippin' love his cover of Behind the mask
August is the only Clapton album I own,the problem is that these days I don't own a record player,the vinyl's all stored away.I still have a CD player though.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Got his from my youngest daughter - I'm very proud of her.

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

ChrisW wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:06 pm Got his from my youngest daughter - I'm very proud of her.

If it's your birthday you have to buy us all cakes, I'll pm you my PayPal.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:08 pm If it's your birthday you have to buy us all cakes, I'll pm you my PayPal.
Happy to, got it I think - smellsofpiss@gs.de?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

And I thought the Bonnie's riding position was bad! This was way worse.

v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:53 pm And I thought the Bonnie's riding position was bad! This was way worse.

@yorick on his Grom?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

My spiffy new Ninja food processor showed up. It's MUCH bigger* than expected & I managed to slice a finger open on a VERY sharp blade while unpacking all the associated gubbins. It's the NF701 model.

*I missed the "Professional XL" part in description.
Skub

Post by Skub »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:42 pm My spiffy new Ninja food processor showed up. It's MUCH bigger* than expected & I managed to slice a finger open on a VERY sharp blade while unpacking all the associated gubbins. It's the NF701 model.

*I missed the "Professional XL" part in description.
The Fat Boi edition. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Me chatting to a couple (the man is deaf/blind) and his wife, their first time at my church. We both know a BSL interpreter who was at the Coronation on Saturday. Small world.

Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:53 pm And I thought the Bonnie's riding position was bad! This was way worse.

Phineas T. Phreakears :lol:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Skub wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:53 pm The Fat Boi edition. :lol:
Gonna use it to make the pastry for pasties this week :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:12 am
Skub wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:53 pm The Fat Boi edition. :lol:
Gonna use it to make the pastry for pasties this week :)
We (I) need pics of the pasties!!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

One of the grippy thingies on my coffee machine thingy (Coffee Handle Sump) broke yesterday.

I've just spent a hour trying to find a replacement online. Found one on 'AliExpress', but can't order it FFS!! All the ones on amazon fr are 51mm internal, this is 53mm. Guessing that the smaller one will leak more than the broken one :(

So, seriously considering trying to find a relatively cheap replacement coffee machine!! LOL Can't be going without for too long!! And, TBF, it did only cost me 20€ second hand a couple of years ago! And I have a load of Senseo 'bags' I bought when I thought I'd be working through May - downside is the Senseo machines seem to be quite expensive :( But, I have found a 'refillable' pod thingy so I can still use my favourite coffee :D :D So, maybe!

(A Lidl replacement would be about 75€ :( :( )

:( :(

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Dragged the ST1050 out the garage, looking resplendent in dirt. Took it for a run over to see my mum, may give it a clean when i get home :lol:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Bit of a shit landmark occasion today. My mate was killed on his bike 20 years ago today,so I stuck a pot of flowers on his grave and reflected on times past. I never was a great one for visiting cemeteries,but as life moves on I'm finding more and more friends and family are boxed up and gone.

The act of standing at a graveside seems crap to me too,there's no sense of the person,though I still feel compelled to do it on occasion. Like an old uncle of mine used to say,"why do you want to go to a graveyard,sure there's nobody there anyway". I end up thinking I haven't quite got the hang of something important.

Anyway,rest easy Jason,you packed some real bad behaviour into your short 30 years,yet still managed to be a half decent human being. :)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:44 am One of the grippy thingies on my coffee machine thingy (Coffee Handle Sump) broke yesterday.

I've just spent a hour trying to find a replacement online. Found one on 'AliExpress', but can't order it FFS!! All the ones on amazon fr are 51mm internal, this is 53mm. Guessing that the smaller one will leak more than the broken one :(
Amazon UK and eBay have 53/54mm portafilters but most are specific to the make of machine. Some look pretty generic though. What make is yours?

eg https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=53mm+porta ... 2c7jbbzf_e

There must be quite a few coffee machines that have bit the dust and the portafilters got ditched with them. Although some people may have one stashed in a drawer, like, just in case it fits the next machine?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:38 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:44 am One of the grippy thingies on my coffee machine thingy (Coffee Handle Sump) broke yesterday.

Amazon UK and eBay have 53/54mm portafilters but most are specific to the make of machine. Some look pretty generic though. What make is yours?

eg https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=53mm+porta ... 2c7jbbzf_e

There must be quite a few coffee machines that have bit the dust and the portafilters got ditched with them. Although some people may have one stashed in a drawer, like, just in case it fits the next machine?
It's a Lidl SilverCrest. None of the Amazon ones look quite the same, and for some of the prices I can get a coffee machine!! LOL The one I have was only 20€ second hand!!

It's just annoying!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bought all the pasty gubbins, but with top sirloin instead of skirt.

Managed to twist the throttles on the ZRX11 & ZX11. Starting to think the surgeon wasn't joking when he said I'd be back on the bikes two weeks post-surgery (it's been 5 days).