What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Cousin Jack

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Cousin Jack »

Enjoying (??) a few days away, staying in Wells.

For anyone contemplating a visit, do avoid the Bishops Palace. £16 a head is a serious rip off, and 16p would be a fair price.

The weather was shite yesterday, it is shite today, and we go home tomorrow morning.

Also went to Weston super mare for the very first time. Dear god, what a shit hole, I do not forsee making a repeat visit ever.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:38 pm Enjoying (??) a few days away, staying in Wells.

For anyone contemplating a visit, do avoid the Bishops Palace. £16 a head is a serious rip off, and 16p would be a fair price.

The weather was shite yesterday, it is shite today, and we go home tomorrow morning.

Also went to Weston super mare for the very first time. Dear god, what a shit hole, I do not forsee making a repeat visit ever.
Other than that, how was the trip? ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:38 pm Enjoying (??) a few days away, staying in Wells.

i drove past all of these places on Sat and Sun... we were in Newnham Park just outside Plymouth. Sounds like it's a good thing we carried on past :D
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:39 pm

Other than that, how was the trip? ;)
Not especially memorable is about the truth.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
David

Post by David »

Weston is a bit up and down...like Brizzle, far too many homeless...but there are some nice spots. The Stable is worth a visit, we always walk up towards the old pier ( Birnbeck)...Knightstone Island is interesting. But there are an awful lot of freaks and fools in the town centre.
We moved here ( Worle) 6 months ago...it isn't as bad as it could be and look up Culture Weston...efforts are being made. There are a few small parks that are lovely and Sand Bay has good walks
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I used to live in Wells. Some of it is lovely, but 16£ to visit the Bishops Palace is :shock: :shock:

Got to admit that I always did all I could to avoid going to WSM!! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
David

Post by David »

Noggin wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:47 pm

I used to live in Wells. Some of it is lovely, but 16£ to visit the Bishops Palace is :shock: :shock:

Got to admit that I always did all I could to avoid going to WSM!! :D :D
I was dubious about moving here after
Remote Western Wales....but it isn't as bad as its painted, or more accurately, you can avoid the shitty / touristy bits.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Discovered that after one week away in Arkansas that roomie is heading off again on Sunday, this time to Az for a week & I'll be dog sitting again... which is a bugger, as I was planning to go riding on Sunday.
On the upside, she's driving so I'll be able to take advantage of the entire garage for a week... so new front tire on the ZRX11 & a pair on the ZX11.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Plumbing (fixing an internal leak to the outside tap). And deciding not to ride the LC in the rain.

So it's been a score draw kind of day - Water 1 Graham 1
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Dog walk over the Downs under grey and leaden skies.

Trip to Brighton on the ZH2 to get Mrs M's Eternity ring (she deserves it after 30 years of marriage to me). The A27 was windy and full of traffic (as usual).

Purchased ring after a bit of deliberation in shop, sales assistant was very helpful. The ring was fortunately in Mrs M's size so won't need adjusting which was a result. The ring was a bit cheaper than my max budget so after walking back through the lanes and seeing the number of homeless people with Staffies, donated the difference in budget to the Street Vet Brighton charity.

Then had a windy and again loads of traffic ride home along the coast road.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
cheb

Post by cheb »

Fixed a 1/2" router, an 18V multitool and a couple of battery chargers, and reorganised the shed.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Been to a funeral. As these things go it was quite a pleasant one but the driving/roads/diversions today have been meh.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
wull

Post by wull »

Another breakdown at work, and another fix by myself. It’s not in my remit but I’m starting to feel like I should be paid accordingly with how much I save the club.

Anyway found the problem and fixed it but whilst doing tests I came across a fuel cut off solenoid attached to the fuel injection pump which is wired in, turns out the B2150 was supplied from factory with both the electronic solenoid for shutting off the fuel and the manual stop lever which actuates the stop lever on the injection pump.

I quickly whipped it off and tested it and it doesn’t work, I tested for power at the plug and nothing, so when I get a chance I’ll trace it back and test the relay, problem is trying to find the relay, I have no schematic or anything for any of these machines, it’s always done blind, but I always manage in the end up.

The tractor works just fine but I want it working the way it should, I can source a solenoid for about £100 so I’m sure the club can afford that.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Reglazed 3 Velux windows. There was misdesign when they were made about 20 years ago which gave the the possibility of the glass suddenly shattering, one of the four did hence my knowing of it. All sorted with parts supplied by them FOC. I chose to do it myself as they've nobody agents in the area.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Fixed my pellet stove. It's still under warranty so I really should have just called le magasin but French customer service has a justifiably terrible reputation for starting off with words to the effect of "No!" and "what the feck do you want?", so I just bought the (cheap) part off Amazon and did it myself.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

:banana-dance: Had the new toy delivered. Presenting Bully the Bultaco. Restored by a local bike shop owner for his private collection, not been started since the rebuild. 1977 Sherpa 350 T, tax and MOT exempt. Only fault is the sidestand has snapped where it was brazed on. Tons of receipts to show what's been done.

cheb

Post by cheb »

That's quite lovely.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

derek badger wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:33 pm :banana-dance: Had the new toy delivered. Presenting Bully the Bultaco. Restored by a local bike shop owner for his private collection, not been started since the rebuild. 1977 Sherpa 350 T, tax and MOT exempt. Only fault is the sidestand has snapped where it was brazed on. Tons of receipts to show what's been done.

Use the stand to put its back wheel against the KX's back wheel and spin the bastard up and put us all out of our misery! :thumbup:
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

cheb wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:17 pm That's quite lovely.
It is even better in the flesh. Got it started earlier, need the carb fettling but it ring a ding dings.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

derek badger wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:30 pm
cheb wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:17 pm That's quite lovely.
It is even better in the flesh. Got it started earlier, need the carb fettling but it ring a ding dings.
And somehow we don't seem to have a video