What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Count Steer

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Count Steer »

dern wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:45 pm Upset people on here by losing my cool and using poor language... please accept my apologies.
You'll always be cool in those shades. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Ant

Post by Ant »

dern wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:45 pm Upset people on here by losing my cool and using poor language... please accept my apologies.
It's cool man, no hard feelings.
Skub

Post by Skub »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:30 pm Friends daughter was rushing home to tell her mom that she'd had her cherry popped & put her car in a ditch...
Daughters tell their mum such things? :shock:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Took a Holy Communion service for a few people in the small prayer room this afternoon. Such a blessing to have the security and comfort in our safe land to do this. Quiet afternoon with the wife and then back to church at 6.30pm. Enjoyed a the freshly baked cinnamon swirls the wife made when I got home a short while ago. Life is good.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Went to look at a Jag XE.

Had pretty much every option available (inc heated steering wheel and pan roof). Right miles, right colour, right price.

At a large car supermarket, but hadn't been 'processed' yet.

Was a fuckin' dog. A five year old car shouldn't have that many scratches and smell so bad. It had deffo been used as either a taxi or for wet dog transport.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Skub wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:57 pm Daughters tell their mum such things? :shock:
Apparently so in this case. I used to bang her mom, but then again so did at least 8 or 9 of my friends (not all at the same time)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got home from DTLA... ugh....
On the upside, on the way home I left some Civic TypeR owner wondering where it all went wrong in his life & also had a Tesla Type S owner cry uncle which was a nice bonus.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

My daughter left her coat at ours and it had her car keys and works security pass in it. So I did the 70 mile round trip to take it back to her. As I was driving I was randomly flicking through the radio stations and landed on R4 as this story started. It finished as I pulled onto my drive. A very enjoyable drive!

7 Ghosts
Drama

A contemporary ghost story that uses the supernatural to explore human relationships and connections, with a love story and historic injustice at its heart.

The drama explores the way the past shapes the present, and how someone’s present happiness might literally be built on someone else’s despair. The haunting of one London townhouse becomes a powerful metaphor for the varied legacies of slavery.

The seven ghosts in the drama are all different kinds, from different eras. Some are funny, some are sad. Some intervene in the world of the living. Some are unable to make contact and simply watch. Some we hear as they become a ghost. We even hear a ghost telling ghost stories.

The drama starts with a man going to bed on his own. Suddenly a woman is there. It’s his wife, but how did she get in? It’s impossible. It’s scary and emotional - they haven’t seen each other since the terrible car accident and the funeral. He can’t believe he can see her again. He wept for months because he missed her so much. He tries to touch her but of course his hand passes through her. We assume she’s a ghost come to visit him but, as the drama unfolds, we delve into the complexities and unexpected twists of the ghost world and how it connects with the living.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001k7rt
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I built the rest of my 'sofa' today. Not as well as I wanted to but at least I now have much more storage and a wider 'bed' bit of the sofa. I have to go to the valley and get some wood for the top of the short section and some of the card type wood to box in the middle bit. Feeling proud but aching a lot! I've given the physio something to work on for sure!! LOL

AND, a mate came up here to go ski touring and we met for a lemonade afterwards - she ordered 'olive tapanard' with the drinks. Persuaded me to try some. Well, I'm shocked!! It was nice!!

I HATE olives. Will pick them out of/off any meal!! LOL But, whizzed up with oil and (apparently salt) it was quite nice on some baguette.

I guess it must be the texture of the olives that I hate!! Going to try the tapanard again sometime just to confirm!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

I decided to get Covid again.

That’ll be why I have felt like shit for the last 4 days
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Noggin wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:45 pm I guess it must be the texture of the olives that I hate!! Going to try the tapanard again sometime just to confirm!! LOL
Just so you don't pass it by in the supermarche - it's spelled 'tapenade' and you're right, it's delicious. Comes in green or black (cos of the olives, obvs)...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

On Saturday I got a *secure* text from the med center I use. It was so secure I couldn't access it. Today I was out running errands & dropped by the place to find out what it was about. Assumed it was something to do with blood work etc before my wrist surgery in May.

Dr's receptionist was in the dark & had no idea, there was nothing in the system about blood work etc... So I go to member services & they tell me it was a text to inform me about the new secure software to send me text msgs...
Told them it was so secure I couldn't access.... & get told "you're about the 30th person to walk in here today & say the same thing"
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

mangocrazy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:53 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:45 pm I guess it must be the texture of the olives that I hate!! Going to try the tapanard again sometime just to confirm!! LOL
Just so you don't pass it by in the supermarche - it's spelled 'tapenade' and you're right, it's delicious. Comes in green or black (cos of the olives, obvs)...
I did think I had it spelt wrong!! LOL I'm not sure I'll actually buy it, but it's handy to have an option other than cured meat or cheese when out drinking!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Put my pants on without having to roll around the floor wincing and groaning. Actually stood up and lifted each foot into the hole and pulled those little beauties up, with only a little grunting and moaning.

I think the back is on the mend. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Cleaned a fridge freezer for spawn's house. Chucked as it didn't match the new kitchen. No effort made to give it away, just straight down to the tip. :(
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:27 am Put my pants on without having to roll around the floor wincing and groaning. Actually stood up and lifted each foot into the hole and pulled those little beauties up, with only a little grunting and moaning.

Don't overdo it will you.....
non quod, sed quomodo
Potter

Post by Potter »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:27 am Put my pants on without having to roll around the floor wincing and groaning. Actually stood up and lifted each foot into the hole and pulled those little beauties up, with only a little grunting and moaning.
You should probably go a size up on your thongs :thumbup:
Horse

Post by Horse »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:27 am pulled those little beauties up, with only a little grunting and moaning.
Pants sturdy enough to hold up your beauties?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Rockburner wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:37 am

Don't overdo it will you.....
I take my victories where I find them, these days. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Bin yompin'.

Seems to be lot more kites and buzzards about this year. One kite in particular was stooging around about 20ft over my head when we stopped for a snack on an area of heath. I know I might look a bit decrepit but hopefully don't look like carrion yet! :D It actually landed about 50m away so something had its attention. Last week we sat there and watched a buzzard getting aerial aggro from a blackbird for about 15 mins.

Came home and gave my boots some tlc and treated them with hydrobloc.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire