You'll miss that cupboard. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:13 pm You'll miss that cupboard. :lol:
I do miss that cupboard more than you'll ever know! I keep all manner of crap in there, tools, paints bike bits etc. Drove the wife mad for years over it. :D

The funniets thing was, it was a proper brick built cupboard that used to have a small window, as it was a larder (room was previously the original kitchen). The bricks were concrete rendered. Demolisihing it took best part of a day lol! Demoloition guy said it was one of the hardest concretes he's ever come across. The irony being in modern houses they have the strengthen things as the are so flimsily built.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Dropped ST off at the body shop as they told us last week they had all the parts
Came home.
Got call from body shop to tell us they didn't in fact have the grill & could we bring the ST home again
Bought ST home again..
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Worked
Booked the bike a Mo clean and it’s 12k service
CBR650r :mrgreen:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Actually used my bike for the railway station commute, first time in about 8 weeks!
Got there earlier than usual, earlier train to work - boo!
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Swapped car tyres front to back, gave the tracking a turn on both sides as it was running a bit toe out.
Wired in a new outside light, discovered that for some reason the neutral wire still had a little fizz in it even with the RCD off!
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Had the dubious pleasure of meeting a valuer for the auction room to go through 6 containers of the FILs belongings.
Two observations:they are super picky and had the social skills of a baseball bat.
So glad to have got it over and done with.
I've a small parcel of land to sell on his behalf and we've managed to sort out some stuff before he leaps off of the mortal coil.
Oh, and the A406......jeez what a shit road.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Took the car to a local garage that will fit tyres purchased elsewhere (for a price) and to get the tracking done. After waiting in the reception area for about 30 minutes, I was told that the tracking had probably never been adjusted since it came out of the factory and that it was a long way out. Probably why it chews through front tyres at such a rate then.

As a result of not having been disturbed for 15+ years, the whole assembly was seized solid and needed new track rod ends and sundry other parts. The whole bill came to £333.64.

Bloody expensive tyre swap and tracking adjustment...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Undergone a UKAS audit, they're always fun.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Did quite a long day cos the bookings for sunday spreadsheet was late coming in. And the phone didn't stop bloody ringing whilst I was trying to enter them all and do the planning at the same time!! LOL

Anyway, partly due to the headcold/cough and being two hours late leaving work, I forgot to check on a booking for tomorrow morning at 5:50. Stupid really as I'd taken the booking and meant to contact her to confirm (so the driver didn't turn up to find the clients didn't want him)

Anyway, when I took the booking, for some reason I didn't add the phone number to the system :roll:

So, my boss phoned me at 20:50 to ask if I remembered if there was a phone number!

Best bit about living in the same building as the office is that I could go down to the office in my pjs and slippers, sort out the issue, get confirmation that the customer DIDN'T want the taxi (WTF didn't she let us know that? - ok, lack of payment could mean she didn't want the booking, but if we hadn't turned up because she hadn't paid, we'd have probably still been in the wrong :roll: ) and told the driver he could have a lie in. Then also confirm something else was sorted that I was going to have to chase up on Friday :D :D

Hoping the boss will let me use a vehicle tomorrow to go get some shopping!! I might not have sorted the issue in work time, but I did go and sort it as soon as he called me!!! Crossing fingers :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:43 pm Took the car to a local garage that will fit tyres purchased elsewhere (for a price) and to get the tracking done. After waiting in the reception area for about 30 minutes, I was told that the tracking had probably never been adjusted since it came out of the factory and that it was a long way out. Probably why it chews through front tyres at such a rate then.

As a result of not having been disturbed for 15+ years, the whole assembly was seized solid and needed new track rod ends and sundry other parts. The whole bill came to £333.64.

i'd have done it for a ton🤣
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Demannu wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:14 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:43 pm Took the car to a local garage that will fit tyres purchased elsewhere (for a price) and to get the tracking done. After waiting in the reception area for about 30 minutes, I was told that the tracking had probably never been adjusted since it came out of the factory and that it was a long way out. Probably why it chews through front tyres at such a rate then.

Including parts? :D
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:16 pm

I wouldn't have knackered the ball joints :wtf:

I am a little confused though, if they couldn't adjust them, how did they remove them?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Demannu wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:24 am
I am a little confused though, if they couldn't adjust them, how did they remove them?
If like my local garage

- they look fucked
- I'll spray something on it to unsieze it
- <couldn't be arsed to wait>
- oh dear you'll need new ones mate
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

When I had my SLK I took for it's MOT and service to the old skool garage I always use. He looked at the book, then me, then the book then finally me.
'You've done about 600 miles since the last MOT and service. I'll do the MOT but go and put some bloody miles on it before wasting your money on the service'.

That was me told. :D
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
tricol

Post by tricol »

Work can go f**k itself right now.

After almost 3 years of dealing with huge delays in supply chain issues, notably electronic components, it's showing no signs of easing. In fact, I'd say it's getting worse. I have customers who are starting to cancel, and I can see this really hurting the order books this year. Constantly apologising to customers and having no good news is really starting to grate.
Yamaha MT09 SP
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

They reckoned that to get them so they could be adjusted that they'd need to soak them with heat (which I understand) but even then when they tried to unscrew them they'd probably bend or deform. To be honest I understand bike suspension quite well, but car suspension has always been a bit of a closed book to me. Anyway I've got it back and I can actually feel a difference in the way it drives (in a positive way).
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:40 pm

They reckoned that to get them so they could be adjusted that they'd need to soak them with heat (which I understand) but even then when they tried to unscrew them they'd probably bend or deform.
Hmmmmm, scratches chin in that special way!
Did the garage have big glass doors at the front by any chance?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Demannu wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:57 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:40 pm

They reckoned that to get them so they could be adjusted that they'd need to soak them with heat (which I understand) but even then when they tried to unscrew them they'd probably bend or deform.
Hmmmmm, scratches chin in that special way!
Did the garage have big glass doors at the front by any chance?
No, roller shutter as I recall.