Biker Bingo

Anything you like about motorbikes
Count Steer

Re: Biker Bingo

Post by Count Steer »

Bustaspoke wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:33 pm Seeing as it's Bol D'or week who else has experienced the madness of a 24hr race?
I've survived one visit to Le Mans & 2 visits to cicuit Paul Rockhard,utter madness never to be forgotten :D
Rode down to Le Mans with a couple of mates for the bike thing. Camped outside the circuit overnight. Got up in the morning, said 'Sod this for a game of soldiers'. Rode to Honfleur and booked into a nice hotel for 2 nights. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Bustaspoke wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:33 pm Seeing as it's Bol D'or week who else has experienced the madness of a 24hr race?
I've survived one visit to Le Mans & 2 visits to cicuit Paul Rockhard,utter madness never to be forgotten :D
Must have done a fourteen or fifteen visits to Spa, half a dozen to the Bol and another three or four to Le Mans. I also did one trip to Magny-Cours which was grim - all the lackwits and ne'er-do-wells came out for an uncontrolled piss-up and drug bender. That weekend was rounded off by someone nicking my shoulder bag with wallet and passport whilst I was taking a photo.

I really wanted to go to Montjuic Park in Barcelona and had it all planned when they cut it from the calendar for 'circuit improvements'... it never reappeared.

Also did an 8 hours at Donington but they never really understood the appeal of having the bikes running in the dark.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 6:35 pm
Must have done a fourteen or fifteen visits to Spa, half a dozen to the Bol and another three or four to Le Mans. I also did one trip to Magny-Cours which was grim - all the lackwits and ne'er-do-wells came out for an uncontrolled piss-up and drug bender. That weekend was rounded off by someone nicking my shoulder bag with wallet and passport whilst I was taking a photo.

I really wanted to go to Montjuic Park in Barcelona and had it all planned when they cut it from the calendar for 'circuit improvements'... it never reappeared.

Also did an 8 hours at Donington but they never really understood the appeal of having the bikes running in the dark.
I should have (finally) ticked the Spa endurance box this year,but I got floored with Covid the day before the ferry sailed.It's now a priority for next year.Magny Cours has never held any interest,Silverstone with baguettes, whilst I remember reading about Montjuic as a teenager I never got there.