In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
JackyJoll

Re: In todays news...

Post by JackyJoll »

Bigjawa wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:20 pm
JackyJoll wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:27 am It reads as if she was trying to use a clumsy irony to sympathise with the victims.
Or she's just a fucking moron.
Yeah she does appear to be a thicko.
irie

Post by irie »

In spite of dire forecasts from the usual suspects, it does look like the UK economy will avoid falling into recession.
ONS director of economic statistics Darren Morgan wrote: “The economy bounced back from the effects of May’s extra bank holiday to record strong growth in June.

“Manufacturing saw a particularly strong month with both cars and the often-erratic pharmaceutical industry seeing particularly buoyant growth.”
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:40 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:59 pm Giant swathes of that cash injection are simply missing. There is no telling where all the money has gone despite demands from the Senate to account for it. Even that should be of little concern other than the inevitable global depression which now looms as the US plunges ever deeper into gigantic debt. $30,000,000,000,000 or thirty trillion and rising. The interest on that debt alone is an eye watering eight trillion dollars annually. What America needs right now is to remind the world that while it might to all intents and purposes be economically bankrupt, it is still by far the most well armed nation on this planet and can largely do whatever the fuck it wants.
Here it comes.

If it's true that BlackRock are shifting away from the US markets, something big is about to happen.

You can bet your bottom dollar...

Oh and why should we care about the US economy, as if it isn't the lynchpin around which the western world pivots? Well on top of that, the obvious "way out" of economic collapse is WAR. Is there any activity currently that might be a useful scape goat? Are the US just about to goad Russia into full scale war? Perhaps they'll just find an excuse to declare war anyway and stop this proxy nonsense.

Either way, it doesn't look good.
The presenter missed a key statement from all those BlackRock screenshots - BR thinks emerging markets 'have an edge' in the short-term (they specifically mention 6-12 months). They believe interest rate hikes have peaked in EM's and believe a small number of emerging markets could benefit from changing global trade patterns.
They've been saying this since June BTW, for the most part it's nothing new.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Ant wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:53 pm Forget her shoes, isn't it time she got a new hair do? She's still sporting that open lid hells angels look....
Its a wig, she's said before it got knocked off on a tube train.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Hoonercat wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:28 pm The presenter missed a key statement from all those BlackRock screenshots - BR thinks emerging markets 'have an edge' in the short-term (they specifically mention 6-12 months). They believe interest rate hikes have peaked in EM's and believe a small number of emerging markets could benefit from changing global trade patterns.
So err, that's good news??
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:53 pm
Hoonercat wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:28 pm The presenter missed a key statement from all those BlackRock screenshots - BR thinks emerging markets 'have an edge' in the short-term (they specifically mention 6-12 months). They believe interest rate hikes have peaked in EM's and believe a small number of emerging markets could benefit from changing global trade patterns.
Indeed. I had a look at what BlackRock own, they're not leaving the American market any time soon, besides, war is always profitable for the yanks.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Blackrock control the world and everything we do. I always said, get Trump out and Biden in, it'll be war, the left love a war.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

David Weiss has just been appointed Special Counsel to investigate Hunter Biden..

He also happens to be the guy who authored the Hunter Biden plea agreement that would have given him immunity from all future & past prosecutions...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:40 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:59 pm Giant swathes of that cash injection are simply missing. There is no telling where all the money has gone despite demands from the Senate to account for it. Even that should be of little concern other than the inevitable global depression which now looms as the US plunges ever deeper into gigantic debt. $30,000,000,000,000 or thirty trillion and rising. The interest on that debt alone is an eye watering eight trillion dollars annually. What America needs right now is to remind the world that while it might to all intents and purposes be economically bankrupt, it is still by far the most well armed nation on this planet and can largely do whatever the fuck it wants.
Here it comes.

If it's true that BlackRock are shifting away from the US markets, something big is about to happen.

You can bet your bottom dollar...

Oh and why should we care about the US economy, as if it isn't the lynchpin around which the western world pivots? Well on top of that, the obvious "way out" of economic collapse is WAR. Is there any activity currently that might be a useful scape goat? Are the US just about to goad Russia into full scale war? Perhaps they'll just find an excuse to declare war anyway and stop this proxy nonsense.

Either way, it doesn't look good.
The *official* figure is around $32Trillion... but that ignores all sorts of future debt that will be owed that technically isn't owed *yet*
The real figure is said to be closer to $180Trillion. It's been an unsustainable clusterfuck for decades & just how the fuck it hasn't all collapsed yet is a mystery.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:53 pm
Yes, if you compare it to the apocalyptic scenario that the presenter was trying to portray.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Hoonercat wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:39 pm Yes, if you compare it to the apocalyptic scenario that the presenter was trying to portray.
Ih I didn't really pay much attention to his opinions or conclusions. I just was surprised that one of the worlds leading asset management companies is "disinvesting" from the USA or whatever they call it. Rats deserting a sinking ship is my conclusion.

I know precisely nothing about how that world works but pulling a couple of trillion dollars out of a country seems like a pretty big deal to me.
Plato
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

This one line made me giggle

The former billionaire denied the claims

Yeah. Ex billionaires are 10 a penny :D

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66481020
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

314…12th Street West and Commerce Center Drive…female, Hispanic, adult completely nude walking NB on 12th Street West…multiple callers…Sheriff enroute.

314…111 E. Avenue K (Bootlegger’s Liquor)…male and female adults behind business exposing themselves…Sheriff dispatched
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

What did the Romans ever do for us?

https://gazettelife.com/news/lanzarote- ... to-romans/

;)
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:40 pm Giant swathes of that cash injection are simply missing. There is no telling where all the money has gone despite demands from the Senate to account for it. Even that should be of little concern other than the inevitable global depression which now looms as the US plunges ever deeper into gigantic debt. $30,000,000,000,000 or thirty trillion and rising. The interest on that debt alone is an eye watering eight trillion dollars annually. What America needs right now is to remind the world that while it might to all intents and purposes be economically bankrupt, it is still by far the most well armed nation on this planet and can largely do whatever the fuck it wants.
Yes it’s an eye watering amount of debt, but you have to take numbers as a proportion of gdp, rather than in isolation.

The US is currently running at 122%, UK at 100%, Japan at an eye watering 229%.

The interest rate rises will make governments that are carrying large amounts of debt suffer, but it’s nothing that hasn’t happened before.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

wheelnut wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:34 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:40 pm Giant swathes of that cash injection are simply missing. There is no telling where all the money has gone despite demands from the Senate to account for it. Even that should be of little concern other than the inevitable global depression which now looms as the US plunges ever deeper into gigantic debt. $30,000,000,000,000 or thirty trillion and rising. The interest on that debt alone is an eye watering eight trillion dollars annually. What America needs right now is to remind the world that while it might to all intents and purposes be economically bankrupt, it is still by far the most well armed nation on this planet and can largely do whatever the fuck it wants.
Yes it’s an eye watering amount of debt, but you have to take numbers as a proportion of gdp, rather than in isolation.

The US is currently running at 122%, UK at 100%, Japan at an eye watering 229%.

The interest rate rises will make governments that are carrying large amounts of debt suffer, but it’s nothing that hasn’t happened before.
Indeed but the entire capitalist system is fundamentally flawed since it relies on eternal inflation to prop up effectively a giant Ponzi scheme with Monopoly money (no pun intended). I won't even pretend to understand how it works but in my holistic overview, it occurs to me it can't go on forever and eventually one player ends up with all the money.

That player looks like it will be a consortium of asset management companies who take all of the real value from the system while rigging the game to play in their favour. You will own nothing, and you will be happy.
Plato
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:16 pm
Indeed but the entire capitalist system is fundamentally flawed since it relies on eternal inflation to prop up effectively a giant Ponzi scheme with Monopoly money (no pun intended). I won't even pretend to understand how it works but in my holistic overview, it occurs to me it can't go on forever and eventually one player ends up with all the money.

That player looks like it will be a consortium of asset management companies who take all of the real value from the system while rigging the game to play in their favour. You will own nothing, and you will be happy.
The entire capitalist system is indeed hugely flawed, but, like democracy, it’s the best of a bad bunch, but it’s ultimately not sustainable. I would imagine Marx was right and capitalism, at some point, will destroy itself so you aren’t the first to point that out. The various world leaders just hope that it happens on the next guy’s watch.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Eternal growth on a finite planet is totaly unsustainable.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Japan is dumping US Debt.... as are over 100 other countries... Here we go...
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:50 am Japan is dumping US Debt.... as are over 100 other countries... Here we go...
It's called dedollarisation apparently.