In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Cousin Jack

Re: In todays news...

Post by Cousin Jack »

I was similarly unaware of Lizzo. I am now trying to forget her. Fat, raucous, and allegedly nasty.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Well as far as PR goes,the entire farce has succeeded in putting her in the news.

Prolly job done.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:48 pm allegedly nasty.
Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Am I in the right place for the 'Best Victor Meldrew Impersonation' competition or is this the 'Wouldn't Have Had It In My Day' queue?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Lizzo's dancer complained about being forced to eat a banana from a sex workers fanny.

I've been to that show and if I had got on stage to be part of it then I found it hilarious fun.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Here’s how you do it!

https://archive.ph/951Ao
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Trump: "I'm one indictment short of re-election".

It's hilarious than some idiot prosecutor has now given him the ability to re-litigate the entire 2020 election in court.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:48 pm I have spent a few evenings wearing a full-on frock and make up. What I would say, is that standing up for a piss in an evening dress is not a simple task.
Mate, seriously, you'd think you were lucky if you'd ever tried sit for a piss in an evening dress! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a conversation about whether we would 'come back' and if so, would we come back as the same sex. He said yes and wanted to know why I'd choose to be reborn as a guy - "so I can do 'boy' sports/jobs/hobbies without so much hassle, but mainly so I can pee standing up and not have to hide behind a bush and balance!)" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Count Steer wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:17 pm Am I in the right place for the 'Best Victor Meldrew Impersonation' competition or is this the 'Wouldn't Have Had It In My Day' queue?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Best comment of the thread so far :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I forgot to quote the comment earlier about men being perceived to prey on girls but people don't worry about women.

I have a friend who's daughter is currently preferring to be a boy - although she does still dress more like a girl according to another friend - very much so. My friend took her daughter and daughters friend to a show in London (can't remember, something like Cirque du Soleil, so in a club). When they all got back to another friends place (where they were staying), the daughter recounted that she was offered a drink by a guy at the bar and when she said she was 15, the guy couldn't leave fast enough. But when she went to the toilet, there was a woman in there that chatted her up and then snogged her.

The mum of the girl was spitting nails about the guy being a predator to the 15 year old, despite him leaving like the Flash on speed when finding out the age; but not remotely worried that an adult woman (apparently not likely to be trans, neckline low enough to be commented on I'm told) had chatted up and snogged her underage daughter.

Friend 2 was absolutely horrified about this, but what do you say? (Mother of the 15 year old is slightly anti men, but still . . . . )
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Noggin wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:19 pm I forgot to quote the comment earlier about men being perceived to prey on girls but people don't worry about women.

I have a friend who's daughter is currently preferring to be a boy - although she does still dress more like a girl according to another friend - very much so. My friend took her daughter and daughters friend to a show in London (can't remember, something like Cirque du Soleil, so in a club). When they all got back to another friends place (where they were staying), the daughter recounted that she was offered a drink by a guy at the bar and when she said she was 15, the guy couldn't leave fast enough. But when she went to the toilet, there was a woman in there that chatted her up and then snogged her.

The mum of the girl was spitting nails about the guy being a predator to the 15 year old, despite him leaving like the Flash on speed when finding out the age; but not remotely worried that an adult woman (apparently not likely to be trans, neckline low enough to be commented on I'm told) had chatted up and snogged her underage daughter.

Friend 2 was absolutely horrified about this, but what do you say? (Mother of the 15 year old is slightly anti men, but still . . . . )
My daughter turned 18 this year and a few weeks ago her old (female) guitar teacher tried it on with her in the pub, nothing illegal but it seemed so inappropriate.
Ant

Post by Ant »

So basically, we've now got a load of body shaming, misogynistic racists out to hate lizzo.......ok then.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Mussels wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:31 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:19 pm I forgot to quote the comment earlier about men being perceived to prey on girls but people don't worry about women.

My daughter turned 18 this year and a few weeks ago her old (female) guitar teacher tried it on with her in the pub, nothing illegal but it seemed so inappropriate.
Maybe she thought as she's her teacher, that she could pull a few strings?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Ant wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:35 pm

It takes some pluck.
Ant

Post by Ant »

JackyJoll wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:58 pm
It takes some pluck.
Well ok, but let's not fret over it.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Ant wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:00 pm

It takes some pluck.
She has some neck
Ant

Post by Ant »

Felix wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:01 pm

It takes some pluck.
She has some neck
She does and that kind of struck a chord.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

People have been barred for less.
Ant

Post by Ant »

JackyJoll wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:42 pm People have been barred for less.
Well yes, they have, but then it depends on their pickup line.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Ant wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:08 pm
Felix wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:01 pm

She has some neck
She does and that kind of struck a chord.
I bet the daughter had a belly laugh.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Has she got a solid body?