In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Yambo

Re: In todays news...

Post by Yambo »

I have a couple of questions for all those who want to fully accept transgender people into all aspects of society:

Would you date one or be inclined to 'give her (a transwoman) one' if the situation arose? Don't bother replying that you're a happily married man so the situation wouldn't arise, there's been many a 'happily married man' on here that's made the 'I'd give it one comment'.

Would you be happy with your pre-pubescent daughters sharing toilets and changing rooms at school or the local swimming pool with males, perhaps ones a couple of years older than your daughter. Telling me you don't have a daughter or your daughters are old enough to not be affected isn't going to cut it - treat it like a thought experiment. Do you think it's acceptable for your daughters to not be given safe spaces away from predatory males?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Yambo wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:18 pm I have a couple of questions for all those who want to fully accept transgender people into all aspects of society:

Would you date one or be inclined to 'give her (a transwoman) one' if the situation arose? Don't bother replying that you're a happily married man so the situation wouldn't arise, there's been many a 'happily married man' on here that's made the 'I'd give it one comment'.

Would you be happy with your pre-pubescent daughters sharing toilets and changing rooms at school or the local swimming pool with males, perhaps ones a couple of years older than your daughter. Telling me you don't have a daughter or your daughters are old enough to not be affected isn't going to cut it - treat it like a thought experiment. Do you think it's acceptable for your daughters to not be given safe spaces away from predatory males?
I don't fully accept trannys, so my answers are no and no, because I don't wear the bumming hat or encourage paedos, I don't care if people think less of me for my opinions, deal with it, my daughter disagrees with me btw
Honda Owner
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

My daughter has been places (Jordanian desert, Amazon jungle) where there are no safe spaces. She didnt die, or even feel threatened.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yambo wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:18 pm
What about your pre-pubescent son sharing a male changing room with a bloke? He might be a raging peado, or a bloke simply going for a swim. Maybe he likes dressing up in women's clothes on a Sunday. Maybe he's totally asexual, or possibly into scat action.

Or maybe the lady who's sharing a changing room with pre-pubescent daughter is a secret lezza who's gonna flick the bean later at the memory of it all.

Ya just never know, do you?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Ant

Post by Ant »

gremlin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:40 pm
What about your pre-pubescent son sharing a male changing room with a bloke? He might be a raging peado, or a bloke simply going for a swim. Maybe he likes dressing up in women's clothes on a Sunday. Maybe he's totally asexual, or possibly into scat action.

Or maybe the lady who's sharing a changing room with pre-pubescent daughter is a secret lezza who's gonna flick the bean later at the memory of it all.

You bugger, you absolute buggering bugger....

....I'm now wiping coffee off my laptop and desk :lol:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Yambo wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:18 pm I have a couple of questions for all those who want to fully accept transgender people into all aspects of society:

Is a trans 'woman' automatically a predatory male? No to the first question. The second question; yes, it's something that needs thinking about.

My main issue with the trans movement is where it involves kids and young adults. My nephew, who now lives in Austraila, is a mixed up 18 yr old kid who's decided he wants to live as a woman. He's been seeing a psychiatrist, and, instead of being taught to cope with fact he's becoming a man, his psychiatrist has put him on HRT and he now needs a bra. To me that is verging on abuse of the vulnerable.

In their particular part of austrailia, pride is a big thing. Lots of trans people and the school kids, instead of being general little shits, like we used to be, seem to do this as a means of being 'different' so lots more kids jump on the bandwagon. That's fine, but giving them medical interventions that will irrevocably alter their life at that age seems very wrong to me.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Of course kids should be taught about trans folk, it's the 21st century and we're supposed to be open and accepting of mental illnesses.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Remember Tom Leppard?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-hi ... s-36537234

He went full branch with the leopard look: teeth, tattoos, etc.

He's now dead, but if he were have his time again, and ask us today to accept his self-identifying as a bone-fide leopard, how many would have the nerve to tell him he was bat-shit crazy...sorry, 'troubled'?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:58 pm Of course kids should be taught about trans folk, it's the 21st century and we're supposed to be open and accepting of mental illnesses.
If a kid wants to identify as a corpse, should we support their transitioning via suicide? Or try to find out the reason they want to identify as a corpse?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Would you date one or be inclined to 'give her (a transwoman) one' if the situation arose?
I think this unnecessarily provocative. I know a guy who's literally blown his straight marriage up, because it turns out he fancies transwomen - yeah, it's a thing - he actively fancies transwomen more than straight women. I feel sorry for him because he's made his own life really precarious - I wouldn't dream of calling him out for birth-woman vs trans-woman hypocrisy.
Would I date a transwoman? Probably not but I don't think this proves much other than how difficult the whole situation of acceptance is.

Yambo wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:18 pm Do you think it's acceptable for your daughters to not be given safe spaces away from predatory males?
This makes no sense. If this was really a solution then we wouldn't let toilets and changing rooms to be shared by children and adults at all. Again provocative - massive assumption that there's a high chance of a transwoman being a peado.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

gremlin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:06 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:58 pm Of course kids should be taught about trans folk, it's the 21st century and we're supposed to be open and accepting of mental illnesses.
If a kid wants to identify as a corpse, should we support their transitioning via suicide? Or try to find out the reason they want to identify as a corpse?
I find it odd, not so odd that I really give or shit or give it any real thought, but odd none the less, that body integrity dysphoria, apotemnophilia, etc are accepted as mental illnesses and treatment is though medication and CBT yet this trans stuff is enabled, where to me they seem to be jsut different branches of the same tree.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:22 pm I find it odd, not so odd that I really give or shit or give it any real thought, but odd none the less, that body integrity dysphoria, apotemnophilia, etc are accepted as mental illnesses and treatment is though medication and CBT yet this trans stuff is enabled, where to me they seem to be jsut different branches of the same tree.
Ok, so if we are viewing it as a mental illlness, what would you say the best treatment for that mental illness is? To have them act in a way that embraces how they feel or for them to try to supress it?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:29 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:22 pm I find it odd, not so odd that I really give or shit or give it any real thought, but odd none the less, that body integrity dysphoria, apotemnophilia, etc are accepted as mental illnesses and treatment is though medication and CBT yet this trans stuff is enabled, where to me they seem to be jsut different branches of the same tree.
Ok, so if we are viewing it as a mental illlness, what would you say the best treatment for that mental illness is? To have them act in a way that embraces how they feel or for them to try to supress it?
Not even going to touch that, it's my opinion and I'm not trying to persuade anyone of its validity, I have no idea how they would be best served.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Are you the front man of a past-its-best 90's band? Not had any top-selling albums lately? In need of some publicity to promote the latest tour?

Fret not!! Let the Italian government help you out! Just throw out a random insult at the current PM and we'll provide all the publicity you'll ever need!

This ad has been brought to you by the Brother's of Italy political party.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66374034

Giorgia Meloni: Italian PM sues Placebo frontman for defamation

Brian Molko must be pissing himself laughing. All his birthdays and Christmases at once. :thumbup:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I always thought Brian was a bit of a Nancy Boy.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

People behave as people do. You cannot allow prejudice to cloud your judgement with regards to any individual. Not by "gender identity", colour, race, creed. You never know what someone is like until you know who someone is. Even then, you never know..

But if you took 100 normal everyday folk and 100 transvestites/transexuals/transgenders/LGBTQ+ identifying people, which group is most likely to have the greater proportion of sexual deviants, weirdos or paedos?

Pictures or videos would help but I'll be damned if I'm posting some of the crap that's literally "out there".

Oh and for anyone who feels the need to bite my head off, draw yourself Venn diagram first.

Another option for which there may even be contemporary data would be to assess a group of convicted sexual predators and convicts from non sexual crime and see what proportion of each were or had been or claimed to be transexual/trans<whatever>/LGBTQWERTY.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:51 pm I always thought Brian was a bit of a Nancy Boy.
Keep him out of changing rooms, just to be sure.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:52 pm

People behave as people do. You cannot allow prejudice to cloud your judgement with regards to any individual. Not by "gender identity", colour, race, creed. You never know what someone is like until you know who someone is. Even then, you never know..

But if you took 100 normal everyday folk and 100 transvestites/transexuals/transgenders/LGBTQ+ identifying people, which group is most likely to have the greater proportion of sexual deviants, weirdos or paedos?

Pictures or videos would help but I'll be damned if I'm posting some of the crap that's literally "out there".

Oh and for anyone who feels the need to bite my head off, draw yourself Venn diagram first.

Another option for which there may even be contemporary data would be to assess a group of convicted sexual predators and convicts from non sexual crime and see what proportion of each were or had been or claimed to be transexual/trans<whatever>/LGBTQWERTY.
Would you put all black people in prison on that basis too? They commit more crimes so they're all guilty.

Anyway, what's wrong with having an exciting sex life or being weird? Do you think you're mister normal?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:32 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:52 pm

Would you put all black people in prison on that basis too? They commit more crimes so they're all guilty.

No, they're not all guilty but it doesn't surprise me that you think they all are. ;) ;)
Last edited by Yambo on Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:52 pm But if you took 100 normal everyday folk and 100 transvestites/transexuals/transgenders/LGBTQ+ identifying people, which group is most likely to have the greater proportion of sexual deviants, weirdos or paedos?
I thought you were a proponent of critical thinking?

The ratio of 'norms' to 'other is approximately 15 to 1. That's quite a lot of assumed additional perversion before the odds are even equal.