In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Potter

Re: In todays news...

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:08 pm
Potter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:36 pm
MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:13 pm Trial by jury is sound IMO. They get an appropriate level of guidance from appropriate professionals.
Yeah I often used to discuss the intricacies of points of law with the builders over their morning coffee and Daily Star.
You used to be a good bloke.
But that statement makes you look like a pompous twat.
Shame.
It was comparison for effect, it would also be like legal experts sitting discussing the best way to build a brick archway over their copy of The Financial Times - my point was that people that have no clue what they're doing are not the best people to decide on a very technical outcome.

You also used to be a good bloke, but you're turning into an angry old retired man that seems full of hate.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:22 pm
Yorick wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:08 pm
Potter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:36 pm

Yeah I often used to discuss the intricacies of points of law with the builders over their morning coffee and Daily Star.
You used to be a good bloke.
But that statement makes you look like a pompous twat.
Shame.
It was comparison for effect, it would also be like legal experts sitting discussing the best way to build a brick archway over their copy of The Financial Times - my point was that people that have no clue what they're doing are not the best people to decide on a very technical outcome.

You also used to be a good bloke, but you're turning into an angry old retired man that seems full of hate.
I've moved away from the cesspit UK.
You've moved back into it and embraced it. Very well apparently.
Potter

Post by Potter »

My attitude on here you mean?
When people stop stalking members offline and bullying good people like Screwdriver on threads (when 99% of the time he is right) then I'll stop looking down on the people doing it, but for now they're most definitely not on a level where they deserve respect at eye level.

I've lost some tolerance for people who talk utter nonsense and think they're right about it because they read it on Facebook or some scummy tabloid newspaper. I don't treat everyone with distain, just those people.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:50 pm My attitude on here you mean?
When people stop stalking members offline and bullying good people like Screwdriver on threads (when 99% of the time he is right) then I'll stop looking down on the people doing it, but for now they're most definitely not on a level where they deserve respect at eye level.

I've lost some tolerance for people who talk utter nonsense and think they're right about it because they read it on Facebook or some scummy tabloid newspaper. I don't treat everyone with distain, just those people.
Kin ell. You've become a parody of yourself.
You were a nobody. Made a few bob and now your arrogance knows no bounds.
You don't express opinions. You ram them down our throats as facts.

Little man syndrome :D
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:55 pm
Kin ell. You've become a parody of yourself.
You were a nobody. Made a few bob and now your arrogance knows no bounds.
You don't express opinions. You ram them down our throats as facts.

Little man syndrome :D
Yeah I'm arrogant, dismissive and even grandiose when it suits me, but you're vindictive, unkind and really unpleasant when you're in bad head space or you're on the beer, or things aren't going your way.
It seems like it's the beer talking now, so I'll leave you to it.
Ant

Post by Ant »

That's what bitterness, envy and resent does to some.....
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Life in the Mojave... Last week we had at least a dozen* reports of naked people running around, including one on a freeway with a gun shooting at vehicles...
& then yesterday we had this:
"422.....10th Street West and Avenue K....female black transient has a flame thrower and is threatening people....sheriff enroute code 3. Suspect detained in store

* there were 4 or 5 just on Friday alone
Horse

Post by Horse »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:20 pm Life in the Mojave... Last week we had at least a dozen* reports of naked people running around, including one on a freeway with a gun shooting at vehicles...
"422.....10th Street West and Avenue K....female black transient has a flame thrower and is threatening people....sheriff enroute code 3. Suspect detained in store

It used to be said that the USA is on a slope and all the loose nuts roll into California, but that's mad.

Some new and particularly vicious drug on the streets?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Horse wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:45 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:20 pm Life in the Mojave... Last week we had at least a dozen* reports of naked people running around, including one on a freeway with a gun shooting at vehicles...

It used to be said that the USA is on a slope and all the loose nuts roll into California, but that's mad.

Some new and particularly vicious drug on the streets?
On the naked perps deal, there's some anti-psycho drug that cases people to feel like they're burning up.. & as they're already a bit doolally, they strip off.. so it's not a street drug, it's script.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

England beat Australia to level the series 2-2. Australia last won an Ashes series in England in 2001. And Stuart Broad, who retired after this game hit his last ball for six and took the last two wickets of the match.

Wottaguy...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:20 pm...female black transient has a flame thrower and is threatening people....sheriff enroute code 3. Suspect detained in store
But was she naked?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Today's nudist...

ASSISTANCE REQUEST....Avenue I and 20th Street West at AM/PM....Deputy just watched a multi vehicle collision happen, advises primary suspect vehicle has a completely naked male driver....requesting units and FD code 3
UPDATE: suspect still in vehicle, being detained at gunpoint, completely uncooperative
UPDATE 2: taking suspect into custody
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

JackyJoll wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:58 pm But was she naked?
Thankfully not, looks like she lived her life unaware of salads...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:11 am Today's nudist...

ASSISTANCE REQUEST....Avenue I and 20th Street West at AM/PM....Deputy just watched a multi vehicle collision happen, advises primary suspect vehicle has a completely naked male driver....requesting units and FD code 3
UPDATE: suspect still in vehicle, being detained at gunpoint, completely uncooperative
Gunpoint, do they suspect he has a concealed weapon?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mussels wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:27 am
ZRX61 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:11 am Today's nudist...

Gunpoint, do they suspect he has a concealed weapon?
If I were faced with a nude lunatic who was close enough to lay hands on me, and I had a gun, then I'd be pointing it at him as well, just in case he decides that he wants to bite my face off.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

If we take a look at history, and we should, we will observe that most maniacs have been fully clothed.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Spineless useless self-serving snivelling fucktards
The government intends to extend recognition of the CE marking for placing most goods on the market in Great Britain, indefinitely, beyond December 2024. These updates apply to the 18 regulations that fall under the Department for Business and Trade (DBT).
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-g ... businesses
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-ukca-marking

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -climbdown
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

DefTrap wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:22 am If we take a look at history, and we should, we will observe that most maniacs have been fully clothed.

Change is good though, isn't it.

Apart from Brexit of course (in your view).
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Yambo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:40 am
DefTrap wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:22 am If we take a look at history, and we should, we will observe that most maniacs have been fully clothed.

Change is good though, isn't it.
Those naked looneys were just taking a long time to get changed.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Yambo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:40 am Change is good though, isn't it.

Apart from Brexit of course (in your view).
On the whole I think change is good. You may experience different experiences, most of them won't lead to death. At least you'll have something to talk about ...

I don't mind the aftermath of Brexit as it happens, because it's had feck all impact on my lifestyle in this short space of time, Leave or Remain it was never going to impact me so much as a versatile European man of action with enough quids and euros in his pocket. And if it did I would just change, move, do something else - it's no big deal. ;) It just gripped my biznatch that Leave was built on so much horseshit. Ask me again about impacts in ten years ...