What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Dodgy69

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Dodgy69 »

Fitted my new Cardo packtalk bold into my new hjc rpha 70 lid. Good discount on both, and you can control it from app. 🥳👍 Hope to try them out sometime in the next 4 months. 👍

Watching wcf now, why are France so shit today. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Taipan wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:54 pm Washed our cars. The looks you get! :lol:
I've not done it for years, there's so many cheap carwashes and jetwashes round here I just CBA to get the bucket and sponge out. I can be there done and back in 15.

Apparently there's a french law banning you washing the car in the street but, like most of these parochial legal idiosyncrasies, nobody dobbed me in, no tear gas was deployed etc.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:54 pm Washed our cars. The looks you get! :lol:
Did the water freeze?
Felix

Post by Felix »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:35 pm
I've not done it for years, there's so many cheap carwashes and jetwashes round here I just CBA to get the bucket and sponge out. I can be there done and back in 15.

Apparently there's a french law banning you washing the car in the street but, like most of these parochial legal idiosyncrasies, nobody dobbed me in, no tear gas was deployed etc.
Almost two year i have had my work van and never washed it yet. Its fecking minging
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:39 pm
Did the water freeze?
No, cos I use warm water out of the tap, but by the time i got onto the second car my hands were getting painful! :cry:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:59 pm
Yorick wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:39 pm
Did the water freeze?
No, cos I use warm water out of the tap, but by the time i got onto the second car my hands were getting painful! :cry:
Get Mrs T to wash second car :)
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Today I have been time traveling back to the mid 80s.
Or more accurately, I borrowed the step sons Dacia Sandero.
As my dear old mum used to say, a second class ride is better than a first class walk.
In the cab area alone I have found at least 14 different plastic textures/finishes. The rear windows are windy windows, the mirrors are stalk adjusted and AFAIK, the boot is key only!
Every time you hit a hill, down 2!
Would have preferred a delorean
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Been to CostCo to get Xmas days snacks. Breezed it. No traffic and it was about 1/3rd of what it normally is in there! :banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Accompanied roomie when she took her pupster to the vet for a follow up. There was a Sheriff's Dept K9 wagon in the parking lot.
Walk into the waiting room & there's the (easily 6'5) Dibble with a rather excitable Pointer.
Dog wanders over for some attention, flops down & rolls over for a belly rub... at which point the Dibble tells me the dogs name is... Copper.

I look down at the dog & tell him "You'll never take me alive Copper"... Dibble just shakes his head...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Rode the scoot into work and ended up in a not-a-race type situation with what I thought was a GSXR but turned out to be BMW sportsbike. Anyway, I was casually filtering and I heard him behind me and let him past. He got caught in the traffic up ahead and I used the greater lock of the scoot to switch lanes and ended up back in front of him. I let him past again and this happened several more times. At the lights I nodded at him and saw him grinning and he gave me the thumbs up and sped off. But, yet again, I got in front of him several more times and as I was sat at the lights he stopped right next to me. He leaned over and said,"Asking for a friend, where would you buy one of those" as he pointed at the scoot! :lol:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Nephews Christmas present was delived to my sisters house at the weekend which she opened yesterday to wrap, the box was empty. I contacted Amazon who very quickly fessed up in an email that they had indeed sent an empty box. They still want me to return it before they'll issue a refund though.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Looked at another selection of adverts for a French Bulldog puppy! Jeez, some of these have a face only a mother could love! :lol:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:38 am Rode the scoot into work and ended up in a not-a-race type situation with what I thought was a GSXR but turned out to be BMW sportsbike. Anyway, I was casually filtering and I heard him behind me and let him past. He got caught in the traffic up ahead and I used the greater lock of the scoot to switch lanes and ended up back in front of him. I let him past again and this happened several more times. At the lights I nodded at him and saw him grinning and he gave me the thumbs up and sped off. But, yet again, I got in front of him several more times and as I was sat at the lights he stopped right next to me. He leaned over and said,"Asking for a friend, where would you buy one of those" as he pointed at the scoot! :lol:
That has made me grin like a loony. Cheers :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Noggin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:05 pm
Taipan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:38 am Rode the scoot into work and ended up in a not-a-race type situation with what I thought was a GSXR but turned out to be BMW sportsbike. Anyway, I was casually filtering and I heard him behind me and let him past. He got caught in the traffic up ahead and I used the greater lock of the scoot to switch lanes and ended up back in front of him. I let him past again and this happened several more times. At the lights I nodded at him and saw him grinning and he gave me the thumbs up and sped off. But, yet again, I got in front of him several more times and as I was sat at the lights he stopped right next to me. He leaned over and said,"Asking for a friend, where would you buy one of those" as he pointed at the scoot! :lol:
That has made me grin like a loony. Cheers :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
It did me too. Most big bikes treat scoots like you're something they've trodden in, so it was nice to have a bit of a laugh with another bike for a change!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Finished off the painting (I hope) Just a few bits to tidy up and I'm done.

It's been a long road and I'm glad it's over,I'm sick of the smell of paint.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Walked Land Seal 2 in the pissing rain, she hated it and so did I. I then went to LBS and collected my wheel and accepted the telling off for using American parts in UK conditions and promised to take things to bits more often and lube them.

I also appear to have come down with the lurgy just in time for Xmas,

this post brought to you by Lemsip.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Shopped early to beat the Christmas rush/madness.

Hunked up a lump of pork shoulder and treated it tenderly for 2h@120°C* with red wine, chopped toms, dried basil, sliced, stuffed olives and chunked fresh peppers to create 'Spanish pork with olives'. The house smells quite nice. :thumbup:

Looked out at the wet and gloom. Didn't go for a walk.

*Fan oven
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Well it's been MOT time for the Moho today.
19 yo Merc sprinter with 130k on her.
Advisory on 3rd brake light u/s ( it would be as it's no longer connected) and a bit of pitting on 1 rear brake disc..
There's a reason Merc vans carry a premium!
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today was a long day. Up at 3.45am due to back playing up and so I did some funeral visit preparation. Took son into Rochester as quicker in the car and cheaper than using trains. He did his shopping for presents. Then off to do a funeral visit. I had buried Alan's father in March this year and now I do the funeral for his brother in early January. Spent a while talking about memories and more. Then dropped in to see a parishioner whose brother is in a coma in hospital, insulin dependent and has a bad infection. He is beginning to recover and so we could pray with thanks. Home to see the washed dog and to do something for dinner in a bit. Have put together the eulogy and funeral service, contacted the funeral directors and got some admin stuff done. Now I need a glass of beer/wine and a chance to relax a bit.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've baked mince pies and bakewell tarts & shared with some friends up here. More to share tomorrow. Might have a mini bake on Saturday to take some into work on Sunday - depends if I can find some butter in the next freezer dive I do up here!!!! :lol: :lol:

Went to another village to deliver some bakewells and had a fab conversation with my favourite bus driver, including a lot about how mad the french language is to learn. He asked me what a phrase would translate to in English - I didn't really understand the words but the hand signals gave some understanding but I have no idea how to translate it! :lol: :lol:

Think I may have been chatted up by a young Argentinian!! Probably not! I basically never know if I am being chatted up, but am starting to wonder if sometimes the 'just being friendly' is actually more! He's probably just being friendly (I'm WAYYYYYYY older than he is!)!!! But hey, it's a nice thought! :lol: :D

Left my nephew to chat with his new mates in that village and get the last bus home!! LOL Scary - trying not to be over protective but very aware that I'm looking after someone else's child (worse, my sister's child!! :o I'm in sooooo much trouble if anything goes wrong!) but equally, he is 17 and I don't have any money to join in being out, even just drinking lemonade!! So, have to trust that he is as sensible as he seems! He got home last night ok and not drunk!! And he quits skiing when he's tired, which is pretty good! Just crossing fingers :D

Only downside is the bloody apres bar halfway down the piste has reopened. They fukkers play shit music very loudly that we can hear all the way up here :( :( Hopefully, as last year, they'll stop at midnight (it used to be 2 or 3am!!). More crossing fingers :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: