Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Noggin »

Not remotely insignificant, but just got a message from my mate that had the really bad crash back in September. I got him to get in touch with White Dalton solicitors and that's been such a good thing - both for his mental state and the outcome.

Ok, most of the message should be in happy things as the lawyer has said (very angrily, see the comment below for why) that they should win now and he'll do everything he can to get the absolute best for my mate, but -
just thought you’d be interested to know, lawyer man rang me, he’s spoken to a couple of key witnesses about my crash, one of them followed the learner all the way from *** to the crash and stated that she was all over the road all the time, so much so she was making other cars do avoidance manoeuvres, at the time of the crash both witnesses said she was between 3-4 foot on my side of the road, once the crash had happened learner and what we presume is her mum just sat in there car while one of the witnesses came running over to see if I was ok, the witness claimed I was dead (not breathing and blue) so she preformed cpr on me, luckily she was a trainee paramedic, she did that for 20 minutes whilst waiting for the ambulance, about 10 minutes in the learners mum got out the car and came over to me taking pictures of me basically dead on the floor, the learners mum then said she could smell alcohol on me, another witness said she pretty quickly turned everyone against her by showing no remorse and trying to blame me dying on the floor when about 6 people had seen what happened
The bits that are boiling my piss are in bold. I mean, reading the account has made me cry again - the positive bit from the lawyer also made me cry for the opposite reasons!

But FFS - some woman took her learner daughter out and caused a major life changing crash (could have been life ending without the trainee paramedic) and took ZERO responsibility. I know insurance companies have always said don't admit anything - but seriously?? How callous can you get???
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Noggin wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:53 am Not remotely insignificant, but just got a message from my mate that had the really bad crash back in September. I got him to get in touch with White Dalton solicitors and that's been such a good thing - both for his mental state and the outcome.

Ok, most of the message should be in happy things as the lawyer has said (very angrily, see the comment below for why) that they should win now and he'll do everything he can to get the absolute best for my mate, but -
just thought you’d be interested to know, lawyer man rang me, he’s spoken to a couple of key witnesses about my crash, one of them followed the learner all the way from *** to the crash and stated that she was all over the road all the time, so much so she was making other cars do avoidance manoeuvres, at the time of the crash both witnesses said she was between 3-4 foot on my side of the road, once the crash had happened learner and what we presume is her mum just sat in there car while one of the witnesses came running over to see if I was ok, the witness claimed I was dead (not breathing and blue) so she preformed cpr on me, luckily she was a trainee paramedic, she did that for 20 minutes whilst waiting for the ambulance, about 10 minutes in the learners mum got out the car and came over to me taking pictures of me basically dead on the floor, the learners mum then said she could smell alcohol on me, another witness said she pretty quickly turned everyone against her by showing no remorse and trying to blame me dying on the floor when about 6 people had seen what happened
The bits that are boiling my piss are in bold. I mean, reading the account has made me cry again - the positive bit from the lawyer also made me cry for the opposite reasons!

But FFS - some woman took her learner daughter out and caused a major life changing crash (could have been life ending without the trainee paramedic) and took ZERO responsibility. I know insurance companies have always said don't admit anything - but seriously?? How callous can you get???
Some people are cunts. Unfortunately we have to learn how to live around them.
non quod, sed quomodo
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Rockburner wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:24 pm

As is my wont to say, 95% of the people you meet are nice, decent people. The other 5% are cunts. The trick is learning identify, and ultimately avoid, that piss-boiling 5%.

When I become the benevolent dictator of the Earth (it's a matter of when, not if), the 'Five Percenters', or at least the ones that survive the first cull, will be forced to wear 'Cunty Hats' whenever they step outside, to enable the 95% to avoid interaction with them.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

gremlin wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:43 pm

As is my wont to say, 95% of the people you meet are nice, decent people. The other 5% are cunts. The trick is learning identify, and ultimately avoid, that piss-boiling 5%.

When I become the benevolent dictator of the Earth (it's a matter of when, not if), the 'Five Percenters', or at least the ones that survive the first cull, will be forced to wear 'Cunty Hats' whenever they step outside, to enable the 95% to avoid interaction with them.
7 ⅝ in a nice light blue or grey with a contrasting logo, preferably in italics
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Life
Firstly the van playing up
Secondly the weather, it's proper shite here ATM
Thirdly, the strimmer. Used it after the winter lay up, no issues. Go away for 3 weeks, it needs a complete carb strip, and another set of fuel pipes!!!!!!! Luckily I bought a couple of metres of hose last time so just the ballache of trying to fix it between the showers!
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

For me today.....

it's going to FB market place and seeing multiple adverts that are so cheap, that they are obviously fake, that's bad enough, but what's BMP is that these lazy twats all use the same god damn photos #facepalm
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

gremlin wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:43 pm

Always worth remembering that 5% are attracted to certain careers where they will be over represented, I think they find power more enticing than money.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Next door have tree surgeons in, who also do driveways and block paving :roll: and look how they park! Right across my driveway!

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

gremlin wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:58 am West End theatre prices.

Gremlinette noted that 'Spirited Away' had been adapted for the stage and was running at The Coliseum. Two tickets for a matinee performance, just £458 to you, squire.
Want to see Tom Holland in the latest adaption of Romeo and Juliet? £275 a ticket, guv.

Who the fuck is paying these prices? I'll stick with seeing my mate who does a bit on am-dram for The Fairlight Players. Tickets are tenner. :thumbup:
Just read the reviews of the new Romeo and Juliette production. :thumbdown:

Think I'll save my money.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Bike insurance renewal for my Bullet.

It's almost double last year!!!!

It's gone up to £79.38 from £46.95... and so the hunt for a cheaper quote begins!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Some fucking tit cut across the hatching on motorway junction right in front of us up by Glasgow.

As if that wasn't bad enough he spat up a massive stone which put a 5" crack in the windscreen on the Transit, that's now grown to 15" crack in 4 hours.

Can't get a booking for weekend up here so hopefully it holds out
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Modern windscreens seem to hold in place regardless of cracks. That's shitty luck and fingers crossed for you. But I bet it'll be fine until you get a chance to get it replaced, whenever that might be.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

It'll be fine, mine has a crack from one side to the middle, been like it for months, I'm loathed to get it done so far from the MOT being due in case the new one gets chipped.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

The Auto Windscreen woman said "it's laminated so don't worry" but it's slightly disconcerting all the same.
Felix

Post by Felix »

I have RTTL stickers covering a spider chip on my windscreen as the MOT man is not allowed to remove it. Think its two years now and still not growing its legs. Cracks tend to be OK. Chanced if it cracking into 1000 bits is quite remote. Only even had a screen shatter once with a stone but that was instant. Had to drive from Fort William back to Edinburgh in the rain with no screen. Tell you what, the old Datsun with fucked suspension never handled so good :lol:
David

Post by David »

All cars since around the 90's are required to have laminated screens. Hence cracks, not shattering. What you don't want to do is headbut it, as you will acquire the delightfully named glass necklace.
Not to be confused with a pearl necklace.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Having finally got my 690 french registered it's time for insurance.

€50 a MONTH :angry-cussingblack:
Horse

Post by Horse »

David wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:29 am Hence cracks, not shattering. What you don't want to do is headbut it, as you will acquire the delightfully named glass necklace.
Total aside. I spent some time at a Met police traffic garage. They had a display board of car windscreen photos.

Specifically, post-crash police cars.

Every photo had one or two 'bulls eye' dents where the officers hadn't been wearing seatbelts :wtf:
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

David wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:29 am All cars since around the 90's are required to have laminated screens. Hence cracks, not shattering. What you don't want to do is headbut it, as you will acquire the delightfully named glass necklace.
Not to be confused with a pearl necklace.

Road Safety was a big part of my last job in the army and we were always looking for things that we could use in campaigns to get our message across.

One time I got a report from HQ BAOR, complete with photos, of a senior officer who had been sat in the back of a staff car which had been involved in a head on collision. The officer was sat in the middle of the back seat without a seat belt and had been thrown forward and had headbutted the windscreen. His head fractured the laminated screen and as he fell back into the car his hair was trapped in the glass of the windscreen. That's what the photos were of, his hair still attached to the glass. The emergency services had given him a haircut to release him.

We copied the report and photos, added a couple of points that needed to be said - if he'd been sat behind the driver, a WRAC lass, he could have killed her, he could have got his head all the way through the glass and killed himself and if there had been a fire . . . We produced a report for every officer of Lt Colonel and above (some of them would almost certainly have known the officer) and I took the General's copy to him personally so I could tell him what we were doing but also because I knew he always wore the seat belt in his staff car so I didn't want him to think we were having a go at him.

As mini campaigns went, it was very successful with reports back from staff car drivers that they weren't having to ask officers to wear the seat belt, which was always a pain for them as senior officers don't like being told what to do by lance corporals. :D
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I would have to question the intelligence of anyone who needs to be told you should wear a seatbelt :lol:

Seems to be a thing with senior people in limos judging from photos. Maybe they think physics will defer to their authority.