Re: In todays news...

Post by Taipan »

Apparently being late is a new disability called "time blindness"! :wtf: :D

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Rishi Sunak apologises to LGBT veterans for past armed forces gay ban

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66242611

There was a great documentary on the other week called Forced Out. Worth a watch. Shocking behaviour from the Armed Forces and only repealed in 2000.

That said, this Monty Python sketch always makes me giggle....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
irie

Post by irie »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:31 pm Apparently being late is a new disability called "time blindness"! :wtf: :D

Fuck.ing.hilar.ious. :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
westers151

Post by westers151 »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:31 pm Apparently being late is a new disability called "time blindness"! :wtf: :D

We are devolving.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Rocket Ron has been awarded an Honorary Master’s Degree this week at the University of Derby in recognition of his career and commitment to rider tuition.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:28 pm Rocket Ron has been awarded an Honorary Master’s Degree this week at the University of Derby in recognition of his career and commitment to rider tuition.
Not sure he ever passed his bike test. Remember he was stopped by plod a few times with no licence.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yorick wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:30 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:28 pm Rocket Ron has been awarded an Honorary Master’s Degree this week at the University of Derby in recognition of his career and commitment to rider tuition.
Not sure he ever passed his bike test. Remember he was stopped by plod a few times with no licence.
I think it related to his track based training, I can't imagine him doing CBT's :)
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Apparently being fucking irritated by these useless snowflake idiots is a new disability called 'old school mentality'.

When will this nonsense end?

Get to work on time or earlier. My old dad physically dragged me out of bed when I was having a 5 minute snooze on a work day.
Felix

Post by Felix »

I was always a good half hour before work. Most placed i worked was open 24 hour (Hotels) So a bacon roll and cup of tea was had before your shift. You want an extra half hour in your bed then get in it half a fucking hour early you sad sack of shit.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

It always pissed me off when I worked in offices, so many people walked in the door at their start time and then spent half an hour taking off their coat, turning the computer on, making coffee and or breakfast! WTAF??!!

Even in pubs I'd have staff turn up seconds before their start time and not understand why the person they were taking over from would get pissy whilst the new arrival went and made a cup of tea and chatted with people on the way back to the bar. Or I got pissy because the finishing staff would finish on time and the arriving staff wouldn't actually be behind the bar at the same time!!

To me, my start time is the time that I'm sat at my desk in front of a computer that is on and ready to go! Get in 15 mins early to de-coat, switch the computer on, make a cup of tea etc. Sit at desk at 9am and put in password so I can start work 'on time'.

Never really understood rolling in at 9am and actually starting work at 9.15 (or 9.30 in the case of some colleagues!!)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

When i worked at a senior school we had a new tech working for us who lived about 5 houses away from the school. He would always be the last one in, normally between 30 mins and an hour late.

I used to live about 8 miles away and could make it on time, and the other techie used to come from newport, and guess what, he was always in on time!

My boss would just let him get away with it even after us moaning that we do an extra hour a day so we took it into out own hands. We would stich him up all the time with all the shitty jobs. Changing a print cart right over the other side of the school, visits to PRU's that he hated going too (he got locked in a cupboard for near on 4 hours once by a pupil!) etc etc etc.

He left not long after. Probably got a job working for the council, that would of suited him to a tea as he could turn up late and do fuck all all day.

Oh and the girl in the vids above needs a punch in the face, a lot of these idiots need a punch in the face, it's what's missing from our society these days, discipline!
Last edited by Greenman on Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I was paid from 9:00 so I arrived at 9:00 :)
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I get paid more than I'm worth so I like to give a little back by being in half an hour early... to play games on my phone.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:39 pm I get paid more than I'm worth so I like to give a little back by being in half an hour early... to play games on my phone.
I only worked the core hours at my last place as it was flexi-time. Probably only about 25 hours a week.
And then mainly played on T.R.C. anyway :D
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Noggin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:05 pm It always pissed me off when I worked in offices, so many people walked in the door at their start time and then spent half an hour taking off their coat, turning the computer on, making coffee and or breakfast! WTAF??!!
Nothing to do with offices, that's just people.

Pretty much every job I've worked in has had a factory attached with people working by the hour. You can guarantee that as it approaches clocking off time they'll be a queue of people building up, bag and coat already on, waiting to clock off when it ticks past 5pm or whatever. And of course the reverse always happens, get in the door and clock on, then go to your locker etc.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:46 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:05 pm It always pissed me off when I worked in offices, so many people walked in the door at their start time and then spent half an hour taking off their coat, turning the computer on, making coffee and or breakfast! WTAF??!!

Pretty much every job I've worked in has had a factory attached with people working by the hour. You can guarantee that as it approaches clocking off time they'll be a queue of people building up, bag and coat already on, waiting to clock off when it ticks past 5pm or whatever. And of course the reverse always happens, get in the door and clock on, then go to your locker etc.
That was me. Out of the door the minute they stop paying me.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

My hours are all over the fucking place. Work know they are and they don't care. I often don't work for 2 or 3 hours in the middle of the day but then do stuff at evenings and weekends. Loads of my colleagues are the same.

No idea how many hours I do. More than I'm paid for, I'm sure.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:46 pm

Trade unionists.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:48 pm
I always make sure I have a poo on company time. Saves me using my own bog roll too. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Ant

Post by Ant »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:38 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:48 pm
I always make sure I have a poo on company time. Saves me using my own bog roll too. :thumbup:
It can be nice, but it's not the same as one on your own toilet.