What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Dug my friend's car out of the snow and took it to the under cover parking :bblonde: Slightly shocked that they didn't open the undercover place till a few days after it snowed, but at least the car is less snowed on now!! LOL

Answered my first phone call at work, and to a flipping French :roll: But I did ok, I think! Will find out tomorrow as I was alone in the office! :lol:

And, a mate treated me to lunch in the restaurant that's open here - very quick lunch but nice to be treated! I only lent her some booster seats, but she felt I deserved lunch for that!! :bblonde:

Has been pretty cold but it's also snowed all day, so, happy happy Noggin :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Just dropped the car off for a 2nd attempt at the MOT. Bloody emissions again due to stop start small trips over the year. Stuck a cleaner in and just been driving it like i stole it so fingers crossed.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

12 Hr commissioning shift, 8 of which was spent thumb twiddling waiting for contractors to finish on site wiring and 4Hrs working as briskly as possible whilst staying safe to get the trickiest bit of the first site migrated from the old ElectroMech Electrical Control room at Selhurst to our new Computer based system at Brighton Electrical Control Room before our “window” of access closed.

Now I have MORE power😂.

Bloody shattered and sitting with a large glass of wine!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Felix wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:26 pm Just dropped the car off for a 2nd attempt at the MOT. Bloody emissions again due to stop start small trips over the year. Stuck a cleaner in and just been driving it like i stole it so fingers crossed.
Mentioned this before but - had a car that just scraped through on emissions one year. Started putting 98 RON in it for a while then just on some fill-ups. It absolutely sailed through the next one.

(If yours is diesel that won't help :D ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:38 pm (If yours is diesel that won't help :D ).
It'd never need another MOT.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Felix wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:15 pm Got rained on. Sat at window watching rain sulking as BT took down the telegraph pole so no decent TV, Radio and internet. The pole thing got me thinking. No one got a message to say its coming down. What about fold who use the phone line for house alarms, personal attack alarms and OAP's who have the alert buttons for if they have a fall. Seems i tad ill thought.
I assume they didn't just switch you off so what was it replaced with?
Felix

Post by Felix »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:38 pm
Mentioned this before but - had a car that just scraped through on emissions one year. Started putting 98 RON in it for a while then just on some fill-ups. It absolutely sailed through the next one.

(If yours is diesel that won't help :D ).
Petrol. It failed last year on emissions and it was blamed on E10. Stuck a cleaner in and ragged it around for half an hour and it passed. Binned the E10 for the last year and it still failed so i presume that was shite and the carbon build up is because of the stop start small journeys its getting.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Mussels wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:33 pm
I assume they didn't just switch you off so what was it replaced with?
Yes just cut everyone off that that pole fed. No great drama for me it was only a morning but the older neighbours never had a clue what was going on. Pole was replaced with a newer identical pole :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Had a senior moment & it was about two fucking hours before I had the follow-up "hey, wait a damn minute!" moment :roll:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Been knocked for 6 by the sodding COVID jab.

Jeeez
Felix

Post by Felix »

weeksy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:45 am Been knocked for 6 by the sodding COVID jab.

Jeeez
I was like that with my last booster. It was gone by lunchtime and i felt human again. Saying that i did get the flue jab and B12 at the same time.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I'm hoping that the recent booster will be the last one for a year. I'm beginning to think that all the jabs of the last couple of years have put my immune system under strain. Not getting the tin-foil hat out - just getting a few strange/new ailments that may or may not be related to the constant stirring up my ageing immune system has been getting. I think it needs a rest!
Voltaire
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Watching the pissing rain coming down and its my only day off this week.😡
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:58 am I'm hoping that the recent booster will be the last one for a year. I'm beginning to think that all the jabs of the last couple of years have put my immune system under strain. Not getting the tin-foil hat out - just getting a few strange/new ailments that may or may not be related to the constant stirring up my ageing immune system has been getting. I think it needs a rest!
I worked all through Covid and was fine, WFH the last 6 months or so and despite vaccinations-a-plenty I copped the 'rona a week or so back!!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Been accused of being a Grinch as I objected to the (booked and deposit paid already) Christmas day meal at a local restaurant which is overpriced* in my opinion and a limited choice**. As ever my objections were listened to, discussed briefly and then overruled.

Knowing my place in the pecking order of decision making in this house is what's kept this marriage going for 25 years. :lol:

* Of course it's overpriced, it's Christmas day and the staff should be rewarded for working it.

** Of course it's limited choice, it's only open limited hours so staff can get home and see their families too.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Let's see the menu
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:24 am Let's see the menu
It ain't toppy per se, just a bit toppy for what is, essentially, a roast dinner with a bit of afters.

https://www.cyprianis.com/christmas-menu

And I bet they load up the plate with fecking sprouts. :sick:

There will be four of us that I'll be paying for (although we're in a group of ten in total), so including drinks, I reckon I'll be looking at just shy of a bag of sand.

My plan was this: cook a turkey and a ham (I make a bloody good ham), prep a load of buttery mash and chutneys. Go down the pub on Christmas day, sink a few pints and when it kicks out come back home and tuck in with a few glasses of decent red. Easy day.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Brian Blessed and Donald Sinden go into a restaurant and DS asks if they serve hams. The waiter replies that they serve anyone.

I'm on all week, try the ham.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

gremlin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am
weeksy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:24 am Let's see the menu
It ain't toppy per se, just a bit toppy for what is, essentially, a roast dinner with a bit of afters.

https://www.cyprianis.com/christmas-menu

And I bet they load up the plate with fecking sprouts. :sick:

There will be four of us that I'll be paying for (although we're in a group of ten in total), so including drinks, I reckon I'll be looking at just shy of a bag of sand.

My plan was this: cook a turkey and a ham (I make a bloody good ham), prep a load of buttery mash and chutneys. Go down the pub on Christmas day, sink a few pints and when it kicks out come back home and tuck in with a few glasses of decent red. Easy day.
Looks fine to me. Although way out of my budget
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:16 am Watching the pissing rain coming down and its my only day off this week.😡
Just come a bit further north. 20 miles should do it. We have sunshine. 🌞
Voltaire