What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

I had physio first thing with yet another new physio!! My usual valley based physio has quit cos he's off on a course to be a piste security chap this winter. So so chuffed for him but damn I hate dealing with new to me physios!! Gotta train them!! And this one is more of a challenge because he doesn't really speak English, so, new physio and the first session just in French since I came back from rehab!! LOL We survived. And he's not timid, so that's good (lots of them in rehab seem afraid to cause hurt!! Sometimes it's necessary to make it feel better)

Then I went home to get some stuff for when I go back to my friends place. Didn't load up all the stuff, but part way there (I am going to their place for 4 weeks!! So worth taking sewing machines, projects and the gym ball and other physio stuff :D :D )

En route to mine, a friend up there invited me to lunch with another friend, so that was good.

Shopped for coffee on the way home. They had some salted caramel coffee in the school kitchen, couldn't find that but am giving caramel coffee a try! Only because the house I'm in till Thursday has one of those nesspresso type machines - and I'm missing my coffee!! LOL

Then, stopped to get bacon and black pudding at the local warehouse place on - cos I was passing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now chilling - with bacon, black pudding and sausages defrosting in the fridge ready for tomorrow!!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Took a mouse apart as the scroll wheel was playing up. Usually I'd take it to our IT nerds, wait until they'd finished their conversation about Blake's 7 or the up-coming Star Wars convention, and ask for a new one. WFH I'm I don't have that option, so I took it apart, give it a good clean up, removed fluff, applied a bit of WD40, reassembled and, presto!

Fecking thing still playing up. :angry-cussingblack:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Made myself a lovely full english 'brunch'.

Then went for a blood test followed by a chat with a mate

Back at the cat sit home now and winding up to do some paperwork and/or some cross stitch!!

Going to the house sit house tomorrow :D :D Will miss the cats tho :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

They're resurfacing my road. As I walked back with the dog I jokingly said the bloke driving the big JCB-type thing, 'Gissa go, mister!'.

Dead pan expression. Not even a bantery response. Nothing.

This country is going to the dogs.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Been out looking at bathroom suites and tiles. Jeez, you think you know what you want and then you go looking! :crazy:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Taipan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:52 pm Been out looking at bathroom suites and tiles. Jeez, you think you know what you want and then you go looking! :crazy:
I've changed most of mine and my problem was other people saying what I wanted wasn't available, it was there and I just needed to look hard enough.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Had my fourth Covid Jab.

Currently dossing about trepidatiously.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Moved back to the non cat sitting house. But it does mean that his bike is 'just there' :D :D :D Plan to head out on it tomorrow. Although I'm booked for 4th vaccine at 11am, so might take waking shoes in case I need to leave the bike and stagger for a coffee!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Noggin on Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skub

Post by Skub »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:37 pm Had my fourth Covid Jab.

Currently dossing about trepidatiously.
Dibs on the Falco. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Up far too early, daughter to train station, puppy to the park for a quick walk, then me to take prayers, visit a lovely lady in a care home down in Kent, took Holy Communion and anointed her. Prayed with her last year when she was supposedly dying. She is hale and hearty and full of joy, but has asked if I would take her funeral when she does eventually pass into glory.

Back home, sorted something for the sick wife, church to do a bit of maintenance and then collect daughter from train station, home early as she submitted her project. Then out to collect the dog seat for the car, FaceBook market thing, £15 instead of £70, yup, I'll have that!

And now to write sermon for Sunday's All Saints' Service. One of my last services at the "High" church setting.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
David

Post by David »

Noggin wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:39 pm Moved back to the non cat sitting house. But it does mean that his bike is 'just there' :D :D :D Plan to head out on it tomorrow. Although I'm booked for 4th vaccine at 11am, so might take waking shoes in case I need to leave the bike and stagger for a coffee!! :lol: :lol:
Are your shoes normally sleepy?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

This retirement malarkey is tough.
We decided to go abroad for the night so got the big ferry to Fuertaventura.
We're camped at Pozo Negro and having a BBQ with super cold beer.
20221027_160247.jpg
20221027_160247.jpg (980.46 KiB) Viewed 305 times
20221027_162830.jpg
20221027_162830.jpg (943.53 KiB) Viewed 305 times
20221027_182555.jpg
20221027_182555.jpg (826.44 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

David wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:09 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:39 pm Moved back to the non cat sitting house. But it does mean that his bike is 'just there' :D :D :D Plan to head out on it tomorrow. Although I'm booked for 4th vaccine at 11am, so might take waking shoes in case I need to leave the bike and stagger for a coffee!! :lol: :lol:
Are your shoes normally sleepy?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nah, I'm just rubbish at typing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tigs

Post by Tigs »

I went to a quiet road - and practiced U turns.. I also went for a longer drive down to helmet city :)

I've done 200 miles since passing my CBT - a few weeks ago.. I'm proud of myself!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Off to the dentist for as cleaning, then I'm going to drop by the bong shop to pick up Saturday's $800M winning lottery ticket.
Monday I made a 300% profit.. which I reinvested in last nights draw.
Last night I made a 400% profit & today I'm gonna reinvest part of that for Saturday.
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Not today but yesterday.

Managed to save around £500 by clearing out 4 years’ worth of dryer lint from the condenser in the washer dryer as it kept throwing an overheat fault.

Obviously, Indesit designed the machine on a price point but why on earth is such an item not accessible / removable / cleanable without using brute force, a Phillips screwdriver, a posidrive screwdriver, two differing sized torx bits and a pair of sidecutters?

While I was basking in the glory of saving a tidy sum versus replacing the machine, the steam generator iron went bang and probably needs replacing as it doesn’t appear to be serviceable…

#FML
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Silly Car wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:57 am Not today but yesterday.

Managed to save around £500 by clearing out 4 years’ worth of dryer lint from the condenser in the washer dryer as it kept throwing an overheat fault.

Obviously, Indesit designed the machine on a price point but why on earth is such an item not accessible / removable / cleanable without using brute force, a Phillips screwdriver, a posidrive screwdriver, two differing sized torx bits and a pair of sidecutters?
:shock:

No wonder they go up in flames!

Mine: open little door at bottom front of machine. Turn little orange handle, remove. Rinse, dry thoroughly, replace, close door.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:03 am
Silly Car wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:57 am Not today but yesterday.

:shock:

No wonder they go up in flames!

Mine: open little door at bottom front of machine. Turn little orange handle, remove. Rinse, dry thoroughly, replace, close door.
1. Hunt down hints / tips / instructions on internet, ignoring those that say ‘just change this sensor’
2. Pull machine out from under worktop, isolate electrics and water supply
3. Remove lid and rear access panel using Phillips screwdriver (No1 size)
4. Remove cross brace using T20 torx bit
5. Remove air heating chamber fan assembly with Torx T30 bit, remove wiring (forgot you need a terminal screwdriver to release push fit connectors
5a. Cut tie wrap holing drum pot to assembly
5b. Strictly speaking you need to loosen pipe clamp to condenser under this assembly to remove it but the Posidrive screw head is inaccessible without removing entire side panel
6. Remove condenser unit by loosening lower inaccessible pipe clamp screw (pop it off and wrangle with drum to get it and the baffle / screen out of the back of the drum
7. Rinse, scrub, drag out lint from condenser
8. Refitting is reversal of removal with the exception of flipping over both pipe clamps to make screw heads accessible whilst in situ
9. Search garage for suitable tie-wrap(s) to replace cut item
10. Remove skin and blood from machine internal before replacing lid and access panel and shunt machine back whence it came
11. Pull machine back out to switch on electrics before shoving it back again…

I suspect it’ll only be a few months before the bastard thing will need new motor brushes and I’ll lose more skin and blood :(
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Strewth!

Mind you, you get Man Badge+bar for home appliance maintenance. :thumbup:

(Also, to be fair, ours is just a dryer, not a washer/dryer so it's a simpler machine).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Found these in the loft-of-plenty! Don’t remember owning them but they must have been from supermoto days?! Wonder what else I’ll find up there? 😀

man photo download